Booked my reservation with Kayak last minute. Arrived at the hotel at around 2-3 pm. Was not greeted with a drink..i guess because i would pass for a local. Jeffrey assisted me in checking in requested a nice room with a view at least, closer to the beach and so forth. He says the room is not ready yet and to grab some lunch by the beach. Well, the little tram that goes around the resort takes sooooo long that I thought i won;t make it there in time. Then have to ride all the way back to the lobby to pick up my keys. My name was spelled completely wrong and I had to correct them. Then heading to the room.. waited for the tram some more.. then finally got to the room..
Wow it says I will be in a Villa.. sounds wonderful... NOT... this room needs updating and lots of ants.. i mean the fridge only had water, soda but no alcohol... you have to pay for the safe, control did not work the first time. hmmm what else... this is the negative side.
On the positive note, i love the beach.. in my opinion, this is the best part of Punta Cana when it comes to beautiful sand, beach is wonderful. The hotel should replace some of the lounge chair.. it has been beaten up, sat on, laid on.. you name it. The beach bar is wonderful.
I heard from other tourist that they went to the 5 star hotels but the beaches they said were awful. I have been staying in just about all of the Princess Resorts, I like Tropical Princess, I just wish they gave me a nicer room and with a nice view..
I will go back to Bavaro Princess, this is where I have stayed several times since 2006.
I got plenty of sun, plenty of alcoholic beverages and met new people.
Thank you everyone.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel
- Tropical Princess
- Tropical Princess Punta Cana
- Hotel Tropical Princess Beach
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort
- Tropical Princess Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa has a Caribbean garden atmosphere with shade provided by palm trees, sinuous swimming pools, pleasant huts and all the other ingredients needed for an unforgettable holiday. The incomparable beauty of the beach in Bavaro will be found in this 4 Star hotel, 25 minutes from Punta Cana Airport, with an architecture that complements and integrates into the beautiful environment, the quietness of the spacious light gardens next to the delightful swimming pools for adults and children. Its 164 Superior Rooms and 146 Family Rooms, our Mini and Teen’s Club and minigolf area put us in the perfect place for a happy family holiday. 3 restaurants (main buffet, Dominican and Brazilian), 3 bars and 1 snack, plus the access to the bars and pool of our sister Caribe Club Princess Hotel. The entertaining "Calle Caribena" with a large variety of shops and interesting offers to do shopping more agreeable, full equipped spa, a large selection of daytime leisure activities at the pools in addition to beach activities and water sports are complemented with the access to the Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel) and Areito Disco. Wedding Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Venere, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.