We took our two girls (9 and 11) to Punta Cana stayed at the Tropical Princess Nov. 28-Dec. 4th.
I have been to Punta Cana twice before (love it there !)
Here are my honest opinions of this Resort.
Smooth, we were the only one`s being dropped off from the bus at that time.
The Front Desk Clerk gave me our room and directions, I asked for a room closer to the pool and she graciously accomodated us. Thanks !
We booked the Family Suite and it had two rooms and two bathrooms. The rooms were a little tired and dated, the shower was a little tricky to get working, the suite was quite a bit smaller than I had imagined, the TV converter didn`t work. It would have been nice if there was a tv in both rooms, but oh well.
All that being said, the room was fine, I saw no bugs in the room at all, except the odd mosquito and they were cleaned well daily. I think we had the best cleaning ladies ever. My daughters brought along their own favourite blankets and everyday the ladies would create adorable heart shapes or swans out of the blankets... the girls couldn`t wait to get back to the room to see what they did that day. Just a sweet touch. Thanks.
Great ! beautiful, lots of waves, minimal seaweed.
Weather was great too. Sometimes it was a little cloudy, but it just made the day more comfortable, rather than constant blaring sun and heat. It rained occasionally, but almost always at night.
No problems getting beach towels in the morning.
The food was fine. They had different themes every night, Dominican, Oriental, Italian etc..so it didn`t get too repetitive. I found that the Snack restaurant at the beach had good chicken but most of the stuff was usually cold from the breeze. They should replenish it more often to try to keep it a little hotter and fresher. (fries..pizza etc.)
I regret we didn`t make it to the Creperie !
The Brazilian Restaurant (a la Carte) on the beach was fantastic! You must go there.
No Issue booking the A La Carte at all.
I found ALL the staff to be friendly and helpful.
Banana Mama drinks are the best !
We all really enjoyed the shows. I have seen many before on other trips and they are just fun to go to. The entertainment staff here work do a great job entertaining at the pools and at night. I find them to be hillarious.
I would love to know where they learn to dance and stuff.. they are quite talented.
Beautiful Casino, but the slots suck, so I was only there for an hour.
I have read on here that none of the staff speak english. I didn`t find this to be the case any more than any other Dominican or Mexican resort I have been to. Give them a break, they try and do quite well and english isn`t the only lanquage they have to try and learn !
What I really liked about this Resort was the size. It was great, especially for kids, it was big enough to stroll around and ride the trolley, but our room was close (within 5 min walk) to the beach, pool, buffet, lobby, a la carte..everything.
Loved the chickens and peacocks etc.. wandering around the property !!! We would feed them every morning after breakfast. (eek..not sure if we were supposed to do that, but nobody said anything) A couple of them would eat from our hand.
Also, look in the the little swamp ponds along the paths of the resort. Lots of fish and turtles.
Overall, it is not a 5 Star resort, but it is definitely an atmosphere for a fantastic vacation !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa has a Caribbean garden atmosphere with shade provided by palm trees, sinuous swimming pools, pleasant huts and all the other ingredients needed for an unforgettable holiday. The incomparable beauty of the beach in Bavaro will be found in this 4 Star hotel, 25 minutes from Punta Cana Airport, with an architecture that complements and integrates into the beautiful environment, the quietness of the spacious light gardens next to the delightful swimming pools for adults and children. Its 164 Superior Rooms and 146 Family Rooms, our Mini and Teen’s Club and minigolf area put us in the perfect place for a happy family holiday. 3 restaurants (main buffet, Dominican and Brazilian), 3 bars and 1 snack, plus the access to the bars and pool of our sister Caribe Club Princess Hotel. The entertaining "Calle Caribena" with a large variety of shops and interesting offers to do shopping more agreeable, full equipped spa, a large selection of daytime leisure activities at the pools in addition to beach activities and water sports are complemented with the access to the Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel) and Areito Disco. Wedding Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Tropical Princess Punta Cana
- Hotel Tropical Princess Beach