I am on my last day of a 7 day stay here so what better time to write a review! The staff goes out of their way to please and are very accommodating in every way. They are not like a lot of hotels (I have been to DR 5 times) where they require additional tips for the best service and that is a nice change. You get the usual vendors bothering you on a daily basis (the Santo Domingo vendors should NEVER be allowed on hotel property if you ask me, they are all cheats and liars) and you can barter pretty well with the flea market people. Food is, as always, pretty intolerable.
One note of warning for this hotel which I would NEVER mention about other hotels along Bavaro/White Sands Beaches: Unless you are from France, don't stay here!!! If you are from France, stay, because you are already rude, belligerent, loud, impolite, inconsiderate, self-centered, and unconcerned with the other guests’ enjoyment and you won't care if the showers work properly.
Fortunately, there was a break in the week when there were only a handful of French people here but that only lasted 2 days then another load came in. The hotel purposely caters to frogs and ALL the poolside programs are in French as the instructors apparently speak no English.
The Beach activities are non-existent other than the odd unorganized volleyball game – nothing like the other hotels along here (IFA, Iberostar and others) where there is plenty of FREE activities to join in on.
The food is very average and a lot was completely inedible….depends on your standards and if you are actually starving to death or can get by on minimal food.
All in all I gave it a 3/5 cause of the staff.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel
- Tropical Princess
- Tropical Princess Punta Cana
- Hotel Tropical Princess Beach
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort
- Tropical Princess Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa has a Caribbean garden atmosphere with shade provided by palm trees, sinuous swimming pools, pleasant huts and all the other ingredients needed for an unforgettable holiday. The incomparable beauty of the beach in Bavaro will be found in this 4 Star hotel, 25 minutes from Punta Cana Airport, with an architecture that complements and integrates into the beautiful environment, the quietness of the spacious light gardens next to the delightful swimming pools for adults and children. Its 164 Superior Rooms and 146 Family Rooms, our Mini and Teen’s Club and minigolf area put us in the perfect place for a happy family holiday. 3 restaurants (main buffet, Dominican and Brazilian), 3 bars and 1 snack, plus the access to the bars and pool of our sister Caribe Club Princess Hotel. The entertaining "Calle Caribena" with a large variety of shops and interesting offers to do shopping more agreeable, full equipped spa, a large selection of daytime leisure activities at the pools in addition to beach activities and water sports are complemented with the access to the Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel) and Areito Disco. Wedding Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.