My husband and I went to this hotel a couple of weeks ago for the March Break and had a wonderful time. Here'a brief evaluation.
Hotel Staff: all pleasant and very helpful. We had no problem communicating with the staff in the lobby as there was always one person who could speak at least French or English.
Hotel room: we disagreed with the 4.5 star rating advertised in the travel agent's flyer; we would give it maybe a 3.5 stars for a Caribbean hotel (which would translate as a 3 stars for a Canadian or US one). As it is the case with many hotels in the Caribbean, it is an older complex so the room we had was not falling apart but could use some revamping; having said that, the room and hotel were very clean and we were happy with that. We know what to expect when we travel in this part of the world.
Hotel grounds: because it is an older complex, trees are big, bushes and flowers everywhere. Very nice! And everything well maintained and cared for. Pools were big and also very clean.
Food: we were more than happy with the buffet. Everything was clean, there was a nice selection of food and the staff was again very helpful. We cannot comment on the à la carte restaurants as we have not tried them.
Beach: lovely, with lots of shade from palm trees and palapas. Do expect to wake up early in high season to make sure you have a palapas for the day.
Entertainment: staff tries hard and shows are ok although a little late for my own taste.
My only negative comment would be that we wish the management had done something about the Spring Breakers being excessively loud at night.
Overall, if you are looking for a wonderful beach, great weather, and a decent place to stay, we would recommend this hotel. It was a good place to spend our holidays and we would certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic