There is nothing wrong with Caribe Club Princess! We are not world travelers, but this resort sits near the top of the food chain. My wife and I try to go in with realistic expectations based on reviews and what we have paid and we were not disappointed. As with past reviews I'll give you an honest assessment of what we experienced. I'll probably get a little long as I write it answering the questions we had before leaving. We took 3 children (Boys-13 & 11, Girl-8)
We did buy the VIP option and I think it did help in a few areas. VIP allows you access to top shelf liquor (Absolut/Smirnoff), Miller Genuine Draft bottles, access to one of the "specialty" restaurants (La Cava and El Pescador) at no additional cost, beach towels delivered to your room (no messing with towel cards each day), preferred check-in, 2 beers & 2 cokes in the room in addition to the bottled water, and two-20 minute massages. I never asked for MGD as the Presidente beer was fine. There were a couple of other instances where we asked for something, initially got a funny look, then they looked at our wrist and saw the VIP color and no more questions were asked.
The rooms were fine. Nothing special, but fine. Beds were quite firm. I had emailed prior to going to ask that our 2 rooms be located next to each other and, indeed, they were when initially placed. However, the kids' room did not have working A/C so the next morning I went to the lobby and they moved us in less than 2 hours and only about 3 doors down so we were still close. I do think the VIP option expedited this process.
Restaurants were all good. We never ate dinner in the Buffet during our 6 nights. Reservations were not a big issue once you figure it out. I was able to make reservations 3-4 days in advance. Bars were good. 5 bars open during the day. There is a 24 hour bar for those that need a night cap or early morning fixer.
Beach was awesome. I ran 2+ miles to the south and nearly 2 miles to the north and never saw the end. We could always find chairs and pull them out into the beach for some sun. If you wanted shade under a palapa you'd have to look longer. Plenty of shade options in the pool areas. Entertainment crew was around. Nothing constant, but enough to keep you looking for more. The kids club was active, but we didn't use it a whole lot. The Teen Club will be refurbished soon as it was closed down while we were there. They were repainting. Still got to do the archery and ping pong and mini golf. Mini golf was a little ragged in some areas, but it added to the fun. Shuffleboard should be back up and running by now.
We did have a fair amount of spring breakers while we were there. They were all very cordial and took to our kids very well. The boys played football or catch with them nearly every day. The only issue my wife had was that they would come home from the on-site disco around 2 or 3 and she would hear the doors slamming in the hallway. Me - I never heard a thing.
Finally, language is not a barrier with the staff. Front desk, bars, servers, entertainment crew were all good with english. Maintenance, maids, bus boys, etc. were not as good, but they don't have to be. They will go find someone to help you instead. Enjoy your time at Caribe Club! Feel free to email me with any questions you have.
We used Domincan Quest as our transfer company and booked tours through their rep when he met us at the resort. Tip: Take extra cash for excursions as he told us credit cards get charged 18% when used. Not sure if this is accurate, but they way it worked for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic