Eh . . it's just alright
I literally just got back. I stayed a week here [Sat - Sat.]. By Thursday I was ready to go home. Where to begin . . . . You really need to know a fair amount of Spanish here or you won't feel at all comfortable. The grounds are constantly kept up and the place doesn't look bad for its age. The FOOD AND the DRINKS SUCK! All domestic, cheap domestic! Example, hot dogs and hamburgers were not even eaten by anyone even after after they placed them on their plates. The hamburgers are like tire rubber and the hot dogs had all kinds of meat pieces that you can see when bitten into but the flavor was nasty! Most foods in the morning for breakfast were actually still sitting in the serving dishes well into lunch. A lot of the breakfast and lunch offerings did not not appear appetizing enough to even sample. By the way, you will find the same hot dogs and hamburgers at the lunch buffet AND dinner buffet. Staff is friendly and helpful. Upon chech-in I was upgraded to a Jr. Suite. I feel sorry then for those who opted for a regular room. My 'suite' was worn - bed linens were as thin as toilet paper, furnishings were from the 80's ----nothing like the photos. I'm glad I didn't have to pay extra. Other than the beach and pool there is absolutely nothing to do after dinner. Unless you bring along a language translator don't even bother to go to the nightly 'show'. Lastly, the beach sand is NOT white as advertised and the ocean is full of seaweed and 'wood' chips/splinters. BTW, after you get your drink from the pool bar swim away fast. Most people that sit on the pool stools at the bar don't leave for hours . . . why else would you think the water is so warm near the bar! Spend a little more money and stay elsewhere where their staff know more English and the food is edible and the drinks enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic