As a party of 6 adults combining a summer holiday with a 50th birthday celebration we spent 2 weeks at this resort the first 2 weeks of July. Trip from the airport to the resort took 20 minutes and we were the only party to set down at this resort. Check in was quick and pleasant with a welcome drink. We had 3 rooms, all were clean and in good condition. Yes, i'm sure there is better accommodation, but for the price and what i expected, I had no issues. Yes, the aircon in one room did not work but that was fixed within hours of being reported. Of the 3 pools, the main pool with the swim up bar did get very busy as the day went on. We spent our time at the middle pool, and who can complain when your room overlooks the pool, across the pool is the bar, and the other side of the bar is the beach.
Service in the main restaurant was generally good, and some of the staff were great. When it was busy they did struggle, but often we found the service not to be an issue, and some times was excellent. We made friends with a couple of the staff and they made every effort to look after us. The beginning of July is not peak and some days seemed busier than others.
We went to the al-a-cart restaurants on 7 occasions and each time the food and the service was excellent. Remembering you are in the Dominican, we were really impressed. It was not just a case of tipping, it did help, just a few dollars here and there, but just being polite made a big difference.
We walked along the beach regularly. Turn left and after 15 minutes there are a set of shacks set up as shops by the locals. They were ok to deal with, little hassle and ready to haggle.
We had the best trip ever. From the guys who run the trips on the beach we hired small speed boats. Great fun and friendly staff. We were out for over 3.5 hours!
The accommodation is a good 5 minutes walk from reception. In between are the mangroves, these tend to smell but it is a replication of the tropical landscape that used to be there. There are lots of birds and turtles. It is not full of sewage!!!
The bars were all OK. The reception cocktail bar was a popular choice after our evening meal, as was the beach bar for numerous Margaritas at the end of a day in the sun - sometimes too many!
Based upon our experience, I'm not sure what some people expect. We could have picked much more expensive accommodation, and I think those who complain expect the more expensive settings at a lower price - a bit of realism goes a long way. That said, in no way did we think we were being short changed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic