“Hotel of relaxation and at the same time entertainment.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa

You added Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #55 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Hotel of relaxation and at the same time entertainment.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Loved everything especially the restaurants the waiters are verry friendly! The entertainment is fun.The entertainers can be more friendly with the guest. the bathrooms in the rooms are not in good shape.The rest of the roon is verry niceb.The wifi service should be included in the all inclusive package.Loved the disco its asome. For the rest it was a nice stay at the hotel♥

• Stayed July 2013
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Thanks for your comments.

Best Regards,

Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Edgewood, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My Husband and I decided to get married in the DR and we chose the Caribe Club to have our ceremony. Our wedding was was beautiful and perfect, but it was also a bitter-sweet experience. We had 2 guest attending our wedding coming from another hotel. The Coordinator was aware of this and never mentioned anything stipulations. When they arrived, Staff refused to let them in and wouldn't even allow them to pay for a day pass. My guests ended having to leave before I could even get in touch with anyone. This was EXTREMELY disappointing. The Hotel Offered NOTHING to accommodate this situation and our guests ending up missing our wedding which they mentioned was the highlight of their trip. I am FURIOUS at the level of customer service this hotel provides.
The place is beautiful, but if you want a relaxing vacation without a bunch of kids running around, This is not the place for you.
The food was ok, but it made both me and my Husband sick. We spent our last 3 days of our honeymoon in the bathroom.
We did not have hot water our entire 2 week stay and my parents had no AC.
We really made the best out of our experience there, but I have been lesser resorts and had an amazing vacation. After experiencing such horrible customer service, I cannot give a rating higher than this.
On a postive note, our made was outstanding :)
I will never return to the Dominican republic after this experience, and most certainly not this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating this unfortunate issues directly with the hotel management.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

King regards,

Seaford, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had been bugging my girlfriends to go away on vacation with me because they've kind of owed me one since freshman year of college. So we booked an all-inclusive trip for 4 nights and 5 days at this resort. I wanted a good price and a hotel right on the beach. I also heard the Bavaro Beach area was beautiful so this is why we settled on this.

I could not get a direct flight to Punta Cana so I had to pay an extra $100 to arrive there at 11:30 after one layover in San Juan. The hotel was pretty by average standards, although it was open air so there were a lot of tiger mosquitoes in the room. We killed at least 10 or more a day. Reservations are required for dinner and are made by one woman at "guest services," which is a tiny table in the hotel The food wasn't that bad. There were never any towels available when we needed them, and the water sports that were included in the package, we were told were not so I had to do some arguing (good thing I'm fairly fluent in Spanish). Limited snorkeling masks and other equipment. A lot of kids, who were surprisingly well behaved. Do not stay here if you want to get away from children.

The staff was very nice and accommodating, although many had no concept of time. I do not believe that everyone in the world should speak English, especially if you are not in America, so I did not lose patience with the language barrier like others did, I think that's rude. A lot of wildlife roaming the grounds, specifically peacocks, which I thought was great.Shows every night and I never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a drink. They were not stingy on the alcohol at all :)

Overall, a good experience for a first time to the Caribbean with the girls, but the next time I go back I would definitely stay at a four star all-inclusive hotel, and spend a little more money where it counts.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the second floor. Each room has a balcony and you might feel more comfortable...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We welcome your comments on TripAdvisor and your confidence in Caribe Club Princess. We are pleased that certain details of the hotel have met your expectations. We want to communicate that we will work on the rest of details you described to improve our services.

Thank you once again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Norwalk, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

When we arrived, the front desk didn't have our friends' reservation, even though they had the confirmation in hand. They were forced to pay for two nights (we arrived on Saturday evening about 6 p.m.) because we needed to get the booking agent to confirm the reservation. The young man at the registration (sorry I didn't get his name) was rude and unhelpful, finally got the manager who was just as rude and unhelpful. So, our friends had luckily brought enough cash to pay for 2 nights - but who knew you needed a bunch of cash in case? They refused to take a credit card - don't know what they would have done if we didn't have cash. There was a young lady at the desk who tried to be very helpful - but there wasn't much she could do to undo the actions of the manager and young man.

I will say that the wait staff (Anna and Candida) in the lobby bar made the several trips we had to take up there very fun - they were incredibly friendly and always made us feel like we were welcome and comfortable.

Luckily both couples had added the VIP service (an additional fee) and Almante from VIP services was able to contact the booking company and get the reservation straightened out. This didn't happen until after 3 trips to the front desk and only because one of the other booking companies made the phone call as the front desk refused to call anyone - our cell phones did not work here and we didn't think to purchase a burn phone for the Dominican Republic. If you are heading there - make sure you have the ability to make phone calls - especially at this resort as they will NOT help you in any way. Again - it was VIP Services that finally made the calls and fixed the issue.

Complicating the situation was the language barrier - though I am able to speak some Spanish and the other couple could as well - it still was an issue. Though most of the employees appreciated the attempt to communicate in the local language.

The food was good, the service and food at the specialty restaruant was fabulous. We also went to the Mexican, Italian and Brazilian theme restaurants for dinners. I would recommend skipping the Italian - it was very subpar - the buffet was much better. The food was all cold and gooey. The Mexican restaurant was fabulous and the Brazilian very good.

Loved the Creperie - everything I had there was great. The buffet was consistently good - the birds snacking at the various food tables was somewhat disturbing but not sure what you can do about that at an outdoor buffett.

The beach is beautiful. I would highly reccomend the area but will NEVER go to a Princess Resort ever - period. The plusses just fell miles short of making up for the problems we encountered.

The pools are nice, there are lots of activities. There were lots of locals in the pool on the weekend as other posters have stated - which I don't generally mind and I usually love to talk to people when I visit - but these were mostly really loud, rude kids.

So if you're planning a trip to Punta Cana - the recommendation I got from the locals I asked were to choose Dreams or Ocean Blue. Definitely DO NOT go to this Resort.

Room Tip: Our room was dated but adequate
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We were disappointed to read about the negative experience you had while a guest in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies. Our responsible managers have been informed about your inconveniences.

Best regards,

Conception Bay South, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We couldn't decide on a Punta Cana resort but wanted that particular beach because it's a great beach. So we felt look for an economical 4 star resort and it will be as good as any Dominican resort of that value. They all have their goods and bads. So there were things I liked when reading about the Caribe Club Princess and took the chance. I will make this very important statement to begin then. We were immediately disappointed upon seeing our room considering we upgraded to the VIP club, so we stayed only 4 nights there, then "upgraded" to the 4.5 star Bavaro Princess (see related review there). Except for the wonderful room upgrade there we would have stayed at the Caribe Club. So that's the good news for this resort. It's not all that bad so let's talk about why we would have stayed there.

Beaches in this area are fabulous as usual. The resort is nicely laid out compared to some; we could get to anywhere fairly fast and could access bars, pools and food from a variety of areas which was most impressive AFTER we transferred. the Caribe Club wins for choices of places to eat during the day and evenings if you are a VIP especially. Also the Buffet has to be one of the better 4 star resort buffets around the Dominican. Very professional looking, well presented, lots of food (except weekends as we are beginning to learn), and EXCELLENT service there. Thanks Yanira! And to many others who served us. We found the food tasty enough at all the places to eat. La Crepia is the winner also for this resort. We have not seen any such "sidebar/restaurant" anywhere else so by mid afternoon it is refreshing to visit for crepes and ice cream and of course beer and others. And it is next to the diversified Rodizzia where, depending on the time, you can get a lot of different things including great bar service.

I have read a lot of disparaging comments about this resort but outside of the room accommodations, I cannot fault this resort overall. There wasn't a feeling of extraordinary cleanliness but the property is looked after. There was one guy, Jose who provided exemplary beach service. If servers everywhere, especially the hard to find beach service, were like Jose man I wouldn't want to leave the resort.

Okay so now because we left this resort I have ta mention the room we were in, 2107. One dorr from a balcony overlooking the ocean and a view from our room balcony of the ccean and pool were good. The mattress was back breaking though, with a partial mattress cover expposing a very old stained mattress. The mirror in the doors was broken and stained badly and the bathroom albeit large was an older tub and shower within. The way to go at resorts is separate shower and tub. Since this was the "VIP" section we felt we had better leave if we could after a couple of days there. So 4 nights in total was all we could really handle in the room but I won't complain about the rest for the most part. Again buffets are just that and we are talking 4 star in the Dominican. Only other issue as we are beginning to learn is the dreaded weekends when an influx of local residents virtually take over the resort which is not a problem generally however the loudness, and general over crowded population when we were expecting a "slow season" of complete R&R at that time in late June. Very disappointing here.But the Bavaro Princess was identical in that regard.

Room Tip: Ours was not good in the upgraded section so I don't know if there's any better area.than Bl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Regards,

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

i went to this hotel for the last week of june and the first week of july with myself and 5 other people. firstly i would like to say about the language barrier which at every point of the holiday made a massive different in the way we were treated. if we wanted anything done the fact that there was no english spoken put a brick wall up on everything and if the odd person did speak english it was s broken i got "no comprende' all the time. The pool was dirty and full of loud local people who have no people skills at all and pushed shoved and shouted all day with no respect for anyone who has paid to be there this was only on the weekend thurs-mon the rest of the time tues-thurs it was peaceful and pleasant to relax there. for some strange reason they put the pool games on at 4/5 pm when any normal person would like to chill out in there rooms even nap. the toilets in the hole place where dirty and uncleaned by anyone all day with unflushed and blocked toilets with no soap and most of the time no water. the room was the worst part of the hotel the zircon wasn't that cold and the room was very damp which made the bed damp and feel horrible, in the washroom was bad aswell wit holes in the mirror seal with ants and bugs living in them, limescale all around the fixing and the shower with the water working only in the evening. about 80% of the time there was no water at all and in the 20% the cold water wasn't working. the cleaners where rude and spoke no english and tended to barge in the room with no knock and when they came in the half hearty cleaned with dirty mops and never restocked the fridge which we paid for in the all inclusive and needed to use to brush out teeth. when they cleaned the floor they just chucked dirty water on it and mopped it around the room. The reception was no better if u had a problem they were to quick to put u on hold for 5-10 mins and when they answered to English spoken, i had a drama with my booking on the last day and they tried kicking me out the room a day early it only took me to raise my voice and spend the whole of the next day proving my booking after being talked to like a thief. its not all doom and gloom the beach was very nice with enough loungers for everyone and friends beach staff serving drink, but the beach towels where in very short supply with them running out all day and kept saying com back in 25 mins all day. in summary i don't think i would go back to the hotel again in a hurry fi the rooms were upgraded and the staff where managed better with correct training i would happy go back as i did enjoy myself with friends i just felt the cleanest part was the sun lounger, the guest services women was rely good and helped out abit but its hard for her to keep apologising for the mistakes of her management

Room Tip: just don't go here the rooms were not good rooms or anything if u do want to then get a room awa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are deeply sadden to hear about the experience you had and we wish to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences. Our responsible managers have been informed about it.

Kind regards,

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Was at Caribe Princess from June 10-17 in room 2110.

Beautiful and clean resort surrounded by lovely birds and nature, the grounds are beautiful and well kept. Bed was very comfortable, AC worked well, room was always clean (tipped every day) and we never ran out of drinks in the fridge. But the hotels seem to have many issues with the pluming as we encountered a few problems during the week. A quick call to the front desk though would resolve the issues except for one…Water was leaking from the bathroom ceiling and we were told it had something to do with the shower from the room above. We didn’t want to bother with changing rooms (even if it wasn’t offered to us) and weren’t going to spend our time calling and waiting in the room for the issue to be fixed so we just lived with it, lol! Left a few towels on the floor and sink to soak up the water and didn’t let it bother us. Also I would like to mention that our maid was very honest and trustworthy as we left our safe key in the lock and forgot to take it out on our 1st morning.
When we got back to the room (after lunch) we had already figured out our mistake and were quite frantic to not find the key where it was left. Our room had been cleaned but there was no note from the maid to where our safe key was. I found one of the cleaning ladies near our room and asked her to locate our maid and explained the situation to her. We were told that the hotel policy when staff finds a safe key is too call security even if the key is left in the room and they bring it to the front lobby. So we walked to the front lobby explained the situation and after a few calls were made we were told to go back to our room and a hotel manager with a security guy would meet us there to give us back our key. They had made an inventory of everything that was in our safe and wanted us to verify and confirm that nothing was missing, which was the case. I was so grateful that our maid was honest that I gave her a nice tip to thank her afterwards.

I will ''shorten'' the rest of my experience and resume the good and bad:
THE BEST BUFFET SERVICE I’ve ever had on a trip! The staff is friendly, quick and you never have to wait long for coffee in the morning or drinks in the evening. The food is good and there are plenty of varieties to choose from. If you want the best and friendliest service ever, just ask for YONATHAN or Jonathan Raphael Sanchez. Yonathan from Puerta Plata took very good care of us. Would always remember the drinks we liked, made sure we had everything we needed and was a great pleasure to talk to. The restaurants a la carte were o.k. (loved the Mexican) but it is hard to beat the great service, pleasant ambiance and good food from the buffet.

I kept the BAD for last…What I really disliked from Caribe is the constant pressure to buy from the merchants and vendors on the resort and beach. Because of that I don’t think I will go back there .If you are a couple you will get approached from representatives of Club Holiday Vacation. Is it worth it to become a member? I don’t know…but PRESSURING YOU TO DECIDE RIGHT NOW as it is a one-time offer only is wrong! Also do not buy alcool fom the hotel shops, they will rob you blind! I paid doubled the price of what a bottle of Brugal is worth. Instead go see Rapahel one of the excursions sale representative. He is very nice, professional and won’t pressure you to book anything. He will also reserve for you to be picked up at the hotel to go shopping at a mall 15 min away from the hotel at no charge. That is the place to buy your alcohol, very cheap and much more variety to choose from. And last, THE BEACH…Guess the rain season is the worst time to book a vacation as I only went in the water twice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. We are pleased that you had a good experience at Caribe Club Princess and that our staff provided an excellent service.

We have taken particular notice to your comments, which have been forwarded to our management.

We look forward to your next stay with us and extend a warm welcome back when you next visit Punta Cana.

Warmest regards,