I had been bugging my girlfriends to go away on vacation with me because they've kind of owed me one since freshman year of college. So we booked an all-inclusive trip for 4 nights and 5 days at this resort. I wanted a good price and a hotel right on the beach. I also heard the Bavaro Beach area was beautiful so this is why we settled on this.
I could not get a direct flight to Punta Cana so I had to pay an extra $100 to arrive there at 11:30 after one layover in San Juan. The hotel was pretty by average standards, although it was open air so there were a lot of tiger mosquitoes in the room. We killed at least 10 or more a day. Reservations are required for dinner and are made by one woman at "guest services," which is a tiny table in the hotel The food wasn't that bad. There were never any towels available when we needed them, and the water sports that were included in the package, we were told were not so I had to do some arguing (good thing I'm fairly fluent in Spanish). Limited snorkeling masks and other equipment. A lot of kids, who were surprisingly well behaved. Do not stay here if you want to get away from children.
The staff was very nice and accommodating, although many had no concept of time. I do not believe that everyone in the world should speak English, especially if you are not in America, so I did not lose patience with the language barrier like others did, I think that's rude. A lot of wildlife roaming the grounds, specifically peacocks, which I thought was great.Shows every night and I never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a drink. They were not stingy on the alcohol at all :)
Overall, a good experience for a first time to the Caribbean with the girls, but the next time I go back I would definitely stay at a four star all-inclusive hotel, and spend a little more money where it counts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic