When we arrived, the front desk didn't have our friends' reservation, even though they had the confirmation in hand. They were forced to pay for two nights (we arrived on Saturday evening about 6 p.m.) because we needed to get the booking agent to confirm the reservation. The young man at the registration (sorry I didn't get his name) was rude and unhelpful, finally got the manager who was just as rude and unhelpful. So, our friends had luckily brought enough cash to pay for 2 nights - but who knew you needed a bunch of cash in case? They refused to take a credit card - don't know what they would have done if we didn't have cash. There was a young lady at the desk who tried to be very helpful - but there wasn't much she could do to undo the actions of the manager and young man.
I will say that the wait staff (Anna and Candida) in the lobby bar made the several trips we had to take up there very fun - they were incredibly friendly and always made us feel like we were welcome and comfortable.
Luckily both couples had added the VIP service (an additional fee) and Almante from VIP services was able to contact the booking company and get the reservation straightened out. This didn't happen until after 3 trips to the front desk and only because one of the other booking companies made the phone call as the front desk refused to call anyone - our cell phones did not work here and we didn't think to purchase a burn phone for the Dominican Republic. If you are heading there - make sure you have the ability to make phone calls - especially at this resort as they will NOT help you in any way. Again - it was VIP Services that finally made the calls and fixed the issue.
Complicating the situation was the language barrier - though I am able to speak some Spanish and the other couple could as well - it still was an issue. Though most of the employees appreciated the attempt to communicate in the local language.
The food was good, the service and food at the specialty restaruant was fabulous. We also went to the Mexican, Italian and Brazilian theme restaurants for dinners. I would recommend skipping the Italian - it was very subpar - the buffet was much better. The food was all cold and gooey. The Mexican restaurant was fabulous and the Brazilian very good.
Loved the Creperie - everything I had there was great. The buffet was consistently good - the birds snacking at the various food tables was somewhat disturbing but not sure what you can do about that at an outdoor buffett.
The beach is beautiful. I would highly reccomend the area but will NEVER go to a Princess Resort ever - period. The plusses just fell miles short of making up for the problems we encountered.
The pools are nice, there are lots of activities. There were lots of locals in the pool on the weekend as other posters have stated - which I don't generally mind and I usually love to talk to people when I visit - but these were mostly really loud, rude kids.
So if you're planning a trip to Punta Cana - the recommendation I got from the locals I asked were to choose Dreams or Ocean Blue. Definitely DO NOT go to this Resort.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club
- Caribe Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Agoda, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.