Was at Caribe Princess from June 10-17 in room 2110.
Beautiful and clean resort surrounded by lovely birds and nature, the grounds are beautiful and well kept. Bed was very comfortable, AC worked well, room was always clean (tipped every day) and we never ran out of drinks in the fridge. But the hotels seem to have many issues with the pluming as we encountered a few problems during the week. A quick call to the front desk though would resolve the issues except for one…Water was leaking from the bathroom ceiling and we were told it had something to do with the shower from the room above. We didn’t want to bother with changing rooms (even if it wasn’t offered to us) and weren’t going to spend our time calling and waiting in the room for the issue to be fixed so we just lived with it, lol! Left a few towels on the floor and sink to soak up the water and didn’t let it bother us. Also I would like to mention that our maid was very honest and trustworthy as we left our safe key in the lock and forgot to take it out on our 1st morning.
When we got back to the room (after lunch) we had already figured out our mistake and were quite frantic to not find the key where it was left. Our room had been cleaned but there was no note from the maid to where our safe key was. I found one of the cleaning ladies near our room and asked her to locate our maid and explained the situation to her. We were told that the hotel policy when staff finds a safe key is too call security even if the key is left in the room and they bring it to the front lobby. So we walked to the front lobby explained the situation and after a few calls were made we were told to go back to our room and a hotel manager with a security guy would meet us there to give us back our key. They had made an inventory of everything that was in our safe and wanted us to verify and confirm that nothing was missing, which was the case. I was so grateful that our maid was honest that I gave her a nice tip to thank her afterwards.
I will ''shorten'' the rest of my experience and resume the good and bad:
THE BEST BUFFET SERVICE I’ve ever had on a trip! The staff is friendly, quick and you never have to wait long for coffee in the morning or drinks in the evening. The food is good and there are plenty of varieties to choose from. If you want the best and friendliest service ever, just ask for YONATHAN or Jonathan Raphael Sanchez. Yonathan from Puerta Plata took very good care of us. Would always remember the drinks we liked, made sure we had everything we needed and was a great pleasure to talk to. The restaurants a la carte were o.k. (loved the Mexican) but it is hard to beat the great service, pleasant ambiance and good food from the buffet.
I kept the BAD for last…What I really disliked from Caribe is the constant pressure to buy from the merchants and vendors on the resort and beach. Because of that I don’t think I will go back there .If you are a couple you will get approached from representatives of Club Holiday Vacation. Is it worth it to become a member? I don’t know…but PRESSURING YOU TO DECIDE RIGHT NOW as it is a one-time offer only is wrong! Also do not buy alcool fom the hotel shops, they will rob you blind! I paid doubled the price of what a bottle of Brugal is worth. Instead go see Rapahel one of the excursions sale representative. He is very nice, professional and won’t pressure you to book anything. He will also reserve for you to be picked up at the hotel to go shopping at a mall 15 min away from the hotel at no charge. That is the place to buy your alcohol, very cheap and much more variety to choose from. And last, THE BEACH…Guess the rain season is the worst time to book a vacation as I only went in the water twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic