Having booked this holiday nearly 6 months ago, I read alot of reviews before i went and i believe people from different countries have different expectations. Upon arrival though it was what i expected. Firstly this is not a four star resort, It is definitely a three star. The rooms do let it down as they are a bit tired, however the room we ended up in was fine after changing as was offered at check in. We ended up in 1357, which has brilliant views but is over the beach cafe/restaurant and 24 hour bar. We thought we may struggle with noise from these but actually we didnt. Hot water was fine but pressure was low at times, beds were fine and comfortable.
The food was varied although after 4-5 days i was starting to get fed up with it. We only tried the mexican and the italian which were okay. The staff are brilliant and cannot be faulted, always smiling and warm and friendly. We tipped alot, a couple of bucks here and there, I dont think they earn alot and have long shifts.
The grounds are kept beautiful and are very pleasurable to walk around especially going to the reception bar through the mangrove gardens.
Johnny was a rep and is a great guy, will do anything to help you. Although, Thomsons trying to charge $25 for a trip to plaza real shopping centre when there is a free shuttle bus every 2 hours is a blatant rip off. It is not allowed to come on the hotel but will pick up from the main gate, ask at reception for times, it is about 15 min trip, there is a supermarket, designer clothes stores and gift shops as well as a hard rock cafe that served food I so longed for after a week out here. I also did the half day fishing trip which was okay but this day, no bites or fish caught, just one of those days I guess.
This was our first all inclusive holiday and for what we paid it was good value I think. It was relaxing which was what i needed and I truly unwound, but I probably wont go back but thats more me than the hotels fault, Just not enough to do for me but overall a good vacation in a friendly hot country that looks just as the postcards do. If you book here just dont expect four star in respect of the rooms and you wont be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic