“What I expected.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana 22000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #61 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
York, United Kingdom
“What I expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Having booked this holiday nearly 6 months ago, I read alot of reviews before i went and i believe people from different countries have different expectations. Upon arrival though it was what i expected. Firstly this is not a four star resort, It is definitely a three star. The rooms do let it down as they are a bit tired, however the room we ended up in was fine after changing as was offered at check in. We ended up in 1357, which has brilliant views but is over the beach cafe/restaurant and 24 hour bar. We thought we may struggle with noise from these but actually we didnt. Hot water was fine but pressure was low at times, beds were fine and comfortable.
The food was varied although after 4-5 days i was starting to get fed up with it. We only tried the mexican and the italian which were okay. The staff are brilliant and cannot be faulted, always smiling and warm and friendly. We tipped alot, a couple of bucks here and there, I dont think they earn alot and have long shifts.
The grounds are kept beautiful and are very pleasurable to walk around especially going to the reception bar through the mangrove gardens.
Johnny was a rep and is a great guy, will do anything to help you. Although, Thomsons trying to charge $25 for a trip to plaza real shopping centre when there is a free shuttle bus every 2 hours is a blatant rip off. It is not allowed to come on the hotel but will pick up from the main gate, ask at reception for times, it is about 15 min trip, there is a supermarket, designer clothes stores and gift shops as well as a hard rock cafe that served food I so longed for after a week out here. I also did the half day fishing trip which was okay but this day, no bites or fish caught, just one of those days I guess.
This was our first all inclusive holiday and for what we paid it was good value I think. It was relaxing which was what i needed and I truly unwound, but I probably wont go back but thats more me than the hotels fault, Just not enough to do for me but overall a good vacation in a friendly hot country that looks just as the postcards do. If you book here just dont expect four star in respect of the rooms and you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: 1357 has fantastic views but is second floor but not a real issue, is good exercise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review. It was a pleasure to host you and it is a great satisfaction to know that you were fully satisfied.

We hope to see you again very soon.

2,058 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were there for 6 days with a party of 9 and we must admit we had a blast. Not easy to accommodate a party of 9 with different ages but the resort offered plenty of activities to cater to all ages. The animation team did an outstanding job in keeping it's crowd motivated. The nightly shows were very good and you can see that a lot of time and effort was put into it. The night club Arieto was excellent the DJ played the latest hits. The food at the buffet was also good. Definitely recommend the VIP package which gives you access to the sit down restaurants. The best restaurant was La Caba it was a combination of surf and turf our lobster was delicious. The Chinese restaurant was also good however, we did not care for the Mexican. We strongly recommend the VIP package you get top shelf liquor like absolute and Johnny Walker black label also Miller Genuine beer. The staff is very friendly and go out of their way to accommodate you in any way, For sure a little tipping goes a long way. Time definitely flies when you are having fun we were all sad when we had to leave. Overall we were all satisfied and definitely plan to return in 2014

Room Tip: This is my second time at this resort and I have noticed that booking a VIP jr Suite gives you a nic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for posting out your comments on TripAdvisor giving such a nice feedback. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and are very much looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Lake Worth, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were moved from from our first room which was on the first floor and our blacony was the side view of the hotel and all we saw were trees and a side road. The room smelled like humidity, and the sheets were not fully dried on the bed. The shower was nice but would leak everytime i used it. When we tried watching tv while getting ready, everytime we would change the channel the tv would turn off and there werent any remote controls. Miguel the manager was very helpful and switched our rooms with out a problem. The second room was nicer but the A/c was making loud noises and the thermostat control wasnt working so the A/c was on full blast the whole time. The room was on the second floor with a better view overlooking the pool area. Beach wasnt as nice as the other beaches we saw on our excursion and the pool floor finish was so rough it scraped the bottom of my feet and made it almost impossible to walk around the resort after dinner in any kind of shoes. The drinks were watered down and the food wasnt all that great. We had better food at a small resaturant in the town of Higuey. When asking for something to drink in the buffet area, the employees looked at me like if I was bothering them. Our mini fridge had sodas in the beginning but they just kept restocking with water. Eventually there was nothing but water in our mini fridge.The best part for me was the excursions that took place outside of the hotel. The amination crew wasnt even that great. I expected alot more given everyones experience in Punta Cana, especially with the hotels. This was my first time coming to Punta Cana and it wasnt the best expeirence everyone tells me about. i will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the "Carilillos" building.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating these unfortunate issues directly with the hotel management.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

King regards,

Austin Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hotel itself was what I thought more of a 3 star. The housekeeping and food service people were always happy and some of the hardest working people I've seen anywhere. The bartenders were also great and very pleasant. The guest services people were rude and had no interest in helping with anything. The time share people (who insisted it was not a time share plan) stand just outside the main buffet and insist you go talk to them. They absolutely refuse to leave you alone until you do. Funny how their name tags read "concierge". I purchased the VIP plan which is not even close to worth the upgrade. They gave us two tickets to a dinning room that would be and extra charge without the tickets. I will say the food there was really good. We also got two tickets for a twenty minute massage. We were suppose to get two tickets for one hour each of internet service ($8 and hour without) but they were never in our packet. I didn't even know they were suppose to be in there and when I went up to the guest services people to ask about using the internet that is when they yelled at me and told me I signed for it so it was in the packet and I could not use the internet unless I paid. What did make this place nice were the people who worked there that were not guest service. They don't speak a lot of English but don't really need to. They are always smiling and cheerful. They remember us and seat us where we like to be seated. I could not have asked for better service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are deeply sadden to hear about the experience you had and we wish to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences. Our responsible managers have been informed about it.

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Just got back on Sunday from this resort. The beaches are beautiful. The food and the facillities were great. We had a bit of a hiccup with our keycard not working on the first night but the problem was resolved quickly and without much ado. The staff are are very friendly and helpful. The ladies at the buffet knew by the second day that my friend drank tea not coffee and would have it for her without her even having to ask. All and all a great experience and vacation. I would certainly come back. Also many people on the forum were complaining about the A/C, ours worked amazingly and we had no issues with it. The only negative I had was that the representatives from Royal were a little over zealous in trying to sell us on their services...but after we made it clear that we were not interested the first time we weren't bothered again about it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We hope to see you again very soon!!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had a horrific experience. I booked 2 rooms through Expedia under the impression that it was a 2 bedroom suite. When we arrived they gave us 2 rooms on opposite sides of the hotel and not a suite and ignored me when i asked about the suite multiple times and just kept saying no and acting like they didn't understand. After they fixed our rooms and put them together, the rooms they gave us were dirty, the AC didn't work, the key to the room didn't work and the phone to call down and complain didn't even work! To add to my frustration i had to wait for the tram to take me to the lobby or walk for 10 minutes. When I got there the guy at the desk said there were no suites like the one i booked and said he would try to fix the rooms but there were no other rooms available and would call me when the situation was resolved.... but the phone doesn't work in the room. After a few hours of waiting around and not hearing anything back and no one having any clue as to what i was talking about I went down to the lobby again. Talked to someone different again. Asked about the suite and he said you have to e-mail them after you book to ensure you get it, which is ridiculous. They moved out rooms for the 3rd time and i gave up on arguing. The staff was very friendly but they are just very unorganized. The food is absolutely terrible and there is no variety. It was a cheap place to stay but I would definitely spend the extra money to stay somewhere else.

Also it seemed like a locals hang out. There were a lot of people from the Dominican staying there for short periods of time while we were there and they were just loud, obnoxious, and took away from relaxing at the resort. The staff also asked you a thousand times to book massages, tours, or to do activities and clearly didn't understand the universal word no.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating this unfortunate issue directly with the hotel management.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

King regards,

Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

All was very very good. Staff was friendly and complaisant, food with various vegetables, meat, fish and seafood was tasty. Also there were freshes on breakfast, great coffe and nice cocktails during all day. I hope to come back to this hotel once.

Room Tip: On the first floor you can find some bird stealing your things, third or second floors are better).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed you stay with us and that you had good experience.

We would be pleased to welcome you again during your next stay!

Best regards.

Community Manager

Been to Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!