“All kinds of problems” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana 22000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #61 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
New York, New York, United States
“All kinds of problems”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

It could be a nice place to vacation. But the owners and managers have to do a lot of work in order to make that happen. Not that long ago I spend my vacation in Punta Cana Princess, a sister hotel few hundred feet away. It’s not perfect, but overall it’s a very nice hotel and the things are under control. Even though the owners are the same, this hotel has all sorts of problems: bad room maintenance, poor air conditioning system, very so-so service. (Air conditioner feels inadequate and it took 15 phone calls and a hunt for a repairman to figure out that I have to use a fan in order to make the room feel a bit cooler.) Front desk was initially terrible (unhelpful, once forgot to do a wakeup call, but during the stay they improved.) But the major issue was the face that I and at least another 5 guests that I know got stomach problems. I am not sure exactly why. When I went to a local doctor, she said she wasn’t aware of the mass stomach problems. That was another sign of guest service that could use an improvement. (The doctor visit cost me about $330 after some bargaining and yes, it is very much for profit medical office even though I am not sure if the hotel gets a cut.) Not sure why stomach problems were so wide spread, but if the management is bad that would apply to probably to kitchen and bar management. For example, one mistake with handling water for cooking (tap water can’t be used since its undrinkable) and stomach problems are likely. I know that they try to address management problems by bring on board new capable managers such as Rukenia. But they have a long way to go. And another sister hotel nearby, Tropical Princess, I heard had rooms in condition that was even worse. So that made me feel a bit better. The hotel grounds are beautiful, nicer that at Punta Cana Princess. But there is a nice swamp with all kinds of exotic species. But I think that swamp is a reason for nasty mosquitos. That’s another problem this hotel can’t really control.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

2,059 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here from may 10, 2013 to may 17, 2013 and is was by far the worst place we have ever stayed at.

I understand we're in a different country but on a resort I think it should be mandatory for all staff to speak English. And barely anyone did. It was completely frustrating. We had issues with our lock on our door two different times and the people that came to fix it didnt speak emglish at all... They had no idea what we were saying and we had no clue what came out of their mouth.

FOOD: Absolutely disgusting... No variety at all, it looked like the same things were served day in and day out.

The pushy people trying to sell you things to do (like activities) was very irritating. Everyday we must have been approach at least 10 times a day by the same people... No thank you means, no thank you... But no they consistently tried.

Word of advice if anyone from "Royal Holiday" approaches you (and they will be they stand right in front of the buffet) say NO... It's a time share thing and they waste your time completely... It took us am hour to explain to them that we are not interested and do not want to commit to this and then they call their manager and is will keep trying to talk and ignore what your saying. Very annoyed and a completely waste of time.

Room: The AC in our room did not work at all. We called and they said they'd send someone and they might of but it still didnt work... Which sucks because their is no where on the resort with AC to get away from the heat.

I can go on and on but I will stop here... Do not go here... Worst place we have ever ever stayed at.

This place has turned us off from Dominican all together and we will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'M HUNGRY!!!

This is the 3rd time in 5 days I woke up, hungry from the lack of food the night before. its 11am and there is no food. The main buffet is closed till 12:30 so they can clear it and reset for lunch, ok, np, I understand and there is a snack bar with burgers, fries, some fruit BUT ITS F"N CLOSED TOO!!!!!

+ there is a creperie that opens at 1:30 - 5. OH Wait the times on the sign say 130-5 HS (High Season)

So just a quick rant I'm a little pissed and extremely hungry after last nights disappointing Al A Cart,

Good news with the lack of food and the hot weather I think I lost weight.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I just got back from Punta Cana and we stayed at the Caribe Club Princess from May 5-10th. At first I was hesitant to stay here since it is voted as the best family resort and we don't have any kids currently. But what a fabulous time we had. From the first day we got there, the check out the the airport was qick, we got to our hotel very quickly and we were the only ones checking in. So the check-in went smoothly. The employees Albania and Jeffery were really helpful and greeted up with a smile.

Since the resort was not very busy we didn't have to wait long for our rooms, we got a great ocean view room, 2310, highly recommended.

The employees at the resort I found was friendly and we found a lot of employees could speak English. Also be kind and leave a tip when you are either at the buffet or one of the speciality dinning. You will recieve good treatment in return, and if you can go to a resturant in Canada and tip why not when you are on vacation.

The staff after a couple of days upgraded us to the VIP package, and it is definitely well worth it. You get free imported drinks (Miller beer, absolute vodka etc) anything you want they had it. You got a free 20 min message by the beach or pool, I would pay the extra and get the VIP package.

All in all, this is a great resort and I would go again in a heart beat. We got treated well by all the staff. Note, please remember to bring bug repellant, there are mosquitos around. The food at the buffet was good...we couldn't ask for more.

The best part about going in May is that resort is not that busy, so no hassle finding a spot on the beach or by the pool.

Thank you Caribe for making our vacation great!!

Room Tip: 2310 is a great room with a great view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
corona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just got back from Punta Cana 2 weeks ago. It was only my friend and I " mommy getaway"
we had the best service ever! staff was wonderful, Took good care of us. We loved the Resort.
our room was steps away from the pool and beach with a balcony. Room was well clean.
" Best of all was affortable vaccation" ..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Yarmouth NS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I got to this resort and had a relaxing stress free week. The great people who work at this resort made sure of that from the moment we stepped off the bus. We had a beautiful room overlooking the ocean and pool with palm trees just in front of our balcony! We went VIP and was worth every penny, the room was large and well kept, never had a problem with having our fridge stocked with lots of water, beer and pop. We had room service every morning and have to thank Eddie for always making it special, he was terrific! If you have any questions Hilda will always answer them with a smile. This resort has the friendliness bartenders that I have ever met. Wallie at the swimup bar, Candida at the lobby bar and Roosevelt at the beach bar (our Dominican son lol) We enjoyed them so much. The beach was beautiful with lots of palapas (never had to go early to get one) The water was a little rough until the last two days but hey that is mother natures doing. The resort is laid out well and I found the walk through the mangroves to the lobby wonderful! The lobby is large, comfy and quite relaxing. The food-we ate lunch at the beach and it was very good (they sure know how to cook chicken yum!) We went to the Crepiery once and it was very tasty. At supper we did the the Brazilian (sooo good) and VIP was allowed one of the restaurant that you pay for and we went to the La Carve and we were treated like royalty. We had the New York steak and it was to die for!!! We were there for two hours. At the buffet we found the Pasta station was delicious. the rest was the same as most resorts, there is always something for everyone. We only went to see two shows and they were okay. We would like to say hi to Denise, Carl, Brenda, John and Bill and Rose it was very nice to meet you all and enjoyed your company it was fun! Over all we had a blast and I wasn't ready to come home. It was very scenic and welcoming! The next time we go to the DR we will be going back to the Caribe Club Princess! Again the people there are wonderful and will make your vacation one to remember! We are yearly vacationers so we have alot to compare to and this resort is very high on our list. We were here from April 27th to May 4th.

Room Tip: Our room was 2207 and was close to everything with a beautiful view and at night never heard a thing...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlington. Ont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Arrived at the C.C.Princess Punta Cana.We flew with Sunwing , no problems.We booked our trip with flight centre and upgraded for $ 80.00 each,it was well worth it. We got suites right on the beach,and we received free safe, extra dinner that would have cost $ 30.00 each,water soft drinks, and two cans of beer each day.The cleaning staff was amazing!!!!.We would ask for extra water and beer towels, and it was right there, no problem.We also got on the upgrade Premium Drinks which was Canadian Club, Gordons Gin, Bailey's etc.. if you did not upgrade and you wanted a Scotch or C.C you would have to pay $6.00 US. So for us the upgrade was great.The hotel it's self needs updated especially the bathrooms, but the rest of the room was fine.We were on the second floor, and my sister and her husband were on the first floor which they requested. The building we were in was right next to the beach, and the pool. The buffet,and Al-acarte restaurants were all very close, and the trolly was right outside to go up to the main building.We had a great time and would go back to that resort. The food was good, We enjoyed the Mexican, the best. But lots of variety in the buffet. You won't starve that's for sure.If you get a good deal on this resort go for it. The beach is amazing and they have a market about 10 mins along the beach. In the resort they have people trying to sell timeshares they are called Royal something.But if you say no thank you not interested they leave you alone.Anyway hope you find this helpful..

Room Tip: Higher floors you have a nice view of the ocean or the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!