Arriving at the resort from the airport was chaotic because they do not allow you to take your bags with you from the drop off point to check-in at reception. They insist the bags remain curbside. This is problematic when you arrive before noon, (not dressed down for the Caribbean heat), and check-in isn't until 3pm. Once you have your room key, you then return to the curb and they set your luggage out to be delivered to your room. You are still not permitted to take it with you. It took over and hour for our bags to be delivered.
The staff at this resort speak very limited English. We booked our vacation through Sunwing and were assigned Sunwing representative Ana. We mistakenly assumed she would have a good understanding of English. There was no sign of her our first day, but we were given a time to meet her for the group info session the next morning. We attended and discovered the info session was 10% info and 90% sales pitch for "Sunwing approved Contractors". Her information was not only incomplete, it was also inaccurate. She discouraged us from doing our shopping at this resort, saying we'd save money on the shopping tours to San Juan. This was not true. There is no significant difference in price and the people in the shops at the resort were fantastic. It was clear our Sunwing rep had a motive for encouraging us to take the shopping tours. I was NOT impressed that we had wasted half a day of our vacation going to San Juan. We gave up on Ana after that.
Not until our third day did we encounter Hilda at Guest Services. She was truly a resource of information and all too happy to help in any way she could. Reception hadn't given us the VIP package for either of our two VIP rooms, so Hilda located them and explained the package in detail. If you speak only English like us, don't even waste your time trying to make dinner reservations with anyone else at this resort. Time and time again we missed out on a la cart reservations because the Concierge staff were not where they are supposed to be. I wasted entirely too much time trying to track them down between 8am and 3pm when they are supposed to be sitting in one of the two VIP areas.
I didn't enjoy the poolside vendors by the main pool. We found ourselves planning our movement so as to avoid encountering them. They did however speak better English than any of the Caribe Club staff, so they came in handy for directions when needed. We encountered a guy named Wilson who works for Royal and promotes the Princess resorts. He was wonderful and second only to Hilda as a valuable resource during our vacation.
When we booked at this resort, I hadn't understood that topless sunbathing was permitted...Note: it clearly is!
The entertainment at this resort was dismal and the pools closed at 7pm.
This section of beach was second to none in Bavaro and the certainly the best part of this resort. I think this resort would be perfect for a French or Spanish speaking couple who likes to do nothing more than drink and relax on the beach...it certainly was relaxing; I just wish I could speak one of the languages they understand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic