I recently stayed her for two weeks from 06/04/13-20/04/13. We booked the holiday for my boyfriends mothers birthday so it was supposed to be a nice relaxing well deserved holiday, there was 5 of us in total staying at the resort. My boyfriends parents and auntie traveled out before us on the 03/04/13 and when we arrived they told us they had had nothing but bother. They had already moved rooms with a bit of hassle as the reception staff weren't going to let them. Their first room we were told the paint was coming off the walls the room was dark and had no natural light about it at all. Their second room ended up being far worse. They had bed bugs and all three of them got bitten his father was the worse he counted over 100 bites just on one leg. One night they woke up after them feeling them crawling over them and seen them on the headboard. His auntie moved in with us because she couldn't take staying in that room, they ended up sleeping fully dressed and on top of the covers. As for our "rep" he was a nightmare he basically ripped us off for tours and we ended up getting one of the trips for more then half the price he was offering us. When I asked for the wifi password for to use as he said he could get us free wifi he said the server was down when there was other people using the wifi at that time. Other then the hotel being not very clean at all there was probably only 15 other British people on the resort who all felt the same way as we did. There is lots of German, French and Americans at this hotel the Americans where ok because they spoke English but the rest of the people had no manors what so ever. The entertainment team yeh they worked hard but after 10:30 that's was it there was nothing else to do at this resort, there was a disco as they called it but we never even went to it as we where told not to by another English couple. There was bird droppings around the pool and it stayed like that the whole time we were there. Another English couple we met one of them ended up in hospital for 3 days what cost them $3000 due to her having a sickness bug. One night it was karaoke and I was looking for a English song book they never had one for us so we couldn't choose a song. The only thing I did enjoy about this holiday was the beach it was amazing and out of this world clear blue water and white sands. We also went on a few trips they were well worth the money but I advise not to book them with a rep go down to the beach there is a man called Pedro he is very reasonable and you can haggle the price with him. The food was okay I'd say they catered again more for the French, German and Americans, we did visit two of the 4 restaurants on site. The Mexican one was amazing not a thing wrong with that but the Chinese wasn't nice at all it has actually put myself off Chinese all together it was far too greasy and oily.
And the airport was a living hell, on the plan we filled out immigration forms thinking that they were important then when we arrived we waiting in a very large que to pay our $10 to go in the country then joined another que to give them our form and the man behind the desk didn't even look at it he just took it and added it to a large pile. Coming home was the exact same they don't even look at the form what so ever you could pretty much write what ever you wanted on it as the don't check them. We waited 1hr and 45mins to go through security we only had 30 if your lucky in duty free. We paid $8 for two bottles of juice and there was a group of young natives who worked in the airport all male who where fighting with each other. I wouldn't go back to the Dominican in a hurry any time soon everyone is trying to just get money off you and I'd say any place in Europe you would get treated like royalty for paying the money we did to go on this holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic