Just returned from Punta Cana Feb 21 2013. My wife and I have been to the DR 4 times ,THIS WAS THE WORST HOTEL WE STAYED AT. We were a group of 24 there for a family reunion and we all had issues with the hotel . LUCKY US we had a good room (#1231) compared to some of the other rooms that had no shower door, no toilet paper holder, no hot water, no A/C, old worn out bathroom towels, a dripping pipe over head in the washroom and a bad smell of mold. Our parents had a room on the ground floor and some one had tried to get in through the patio door, giving some credit the lock was quickly replaced.
THE FOOD, what can we say , no bacon???? what hotel has no bacon, we were told that they only had bacon ever other day and there was always a shortage of food and not a big selection. It seemed that the hotel could not keep up with the guests. There was a restaurant called La Cava that had a $35.00 per person surcharge , we had made reservation for 16 of us one night. When we arrived they had only set up our table for 11 people and it only went down hill from there. Even though the servers took down the food orders, that never ment that you would get the correct meal. Save yourself the $35.00/person and eat at the other included restaurants (big waste of money). The best service we had was at the Mexican restaurant. If you ordered a drink at the start of your meal and asked for it a few more times, you may have gotten it by the end of your meal if you were lucky.
Beach towels were very hard to come by, if you didn't get there first thing in the morning, you would be waiting for a very long time and this scenario played out every day. We have been to many hotels that allow you to exchange your towels at the end of the day for the next morning. To be on the safe side we kept our towels from the day before. The chairs on the beach must have been the hand me downs of all the other local hotels . They were old and comeing apart.
We were told by one of the front desk managers that the hotel was only 7-8 years old, by the looks of it we would say at least 15-20 years old. It NEEDS alot of TLC. We have never been so disappointed with a hotel like we were with the Caribe Club Princess. We expected more from the Princess Hotel chain. This was our first time staying at a Princess hotel and the last.
TO UPPER/HEAD OFFICE MANAGMENT it is the small things that count and it is what people remember about their vacation, so do something about these issues instead of making promises to your guests that you can't keep.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel
- Caribe Club Princess
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club
- Caribe Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace.This is a All Inclusive 4 Star plus property, with lively colours and a pleasant atmosphere, offers a wide range of rooms. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as staying in one of the marvelous Royal Suites, or being seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites; all of which include every convenience. The high quality service of the Caribe Suites and the Superior Rooms provides the perfect complement the various leisure and entertainment activities available day and night (beach and pool activities, water sports, tennis, bicycles, Children and Teen’s Club, Princess Tower Casino, Aerito Disco). Wedding Packages available. We offer 6 exquisite restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Mexican, Asian, seafood and gourmet), 4 bars and 1 snack, plus the access of all services and facilities of our sister Tropical Princess Hotel, the perfect holiday in a location of incomparable beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel, Venere, Olotels, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.