“was here in april 2012” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana 22000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #61 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Cornwall, Canada
“was here in april 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

loved this hotel was just amazing the food the people and so freindly cant wait too go back there ,,weather was amazing never rained one min while we where there till we left and it was at 6am so perfect timing on our part

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

2,089 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Some Tips for a trip to Punta Cana
I´m sure that you will appreciate the Hotel and your vacations. Just be prepared:
- If you are going thru a Time Share Company (like Royal Holyday), ask you sales representative sales before your trip to check benefits and local official receptive company.
- The food is good, but nothing special, even at Thematic Restaurants. They offer every day Pastas, Burger, Chicken, and many others option.
- Ask for reservation for Thematic restaurants as soon you arrive at the hotel, or next morning.
- People will bother you offering many different packages. Sometimes they claim why you bought from other company... Even though the money is yours and the decision should also be ...
- Just buy packages inside the hotel, if you have some problem like need to cancel or change dates will be difficult if you buy from someone at the beach
- Even people from hotel can hide some information to sell you something or get advantage. I asked for free internet. The lady at concierge said that there is no free internet.
- You can go to Hotel Casino, starting at 7:00PM (free transportation) they offer fast and Free Wi-Fi internet.
- Most people will make the best efforts to offer you the best vacation. But they are waiting for a little tip. (1 ~ 5 USD)
- Pool and Beach towels are very bad. Ask for good ones or take some from you home…
- Most amazing thing: Most guys speak at least Spanish and English, but are easy to find someone that can speak: Portuguese, French, German and Russian.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the pool and Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend & I just got back a few days ago & relied on tripadvisor to help us pick a resort & decided that this was a good pick for a spur of the moment getaway. We had a great carefree week with no major complaints. The resort is beautiful with an assortment of birds & scenery to enjoy. We had the VIP package & stayed in room 2110 so the beach was literally steps away from our patio. The staff was really friendly & helpful.( I wish I would have paid more attention to everyone's names but I was too busy relaxing) I do remember, I believe Francisco at the lobby bar being really friendly. I also remember a gentleman that helped us with our bags & seemed to work really hard driving the resort bus. I think his name was Hector. He made us feel really at home addressing my boyfriend as "my friend!" Everytime we ran into him.
A few reviews complained about Russian or French people's behavior at the resort but I personally enjoyed the fact that this resort catered to people from all over the world & you can't fault the resort if u felt some of the guest were rude. Some also complained that the staff didn't speak English. I again didn't have a problem with that. The front desk was fluent, most of the food staff spoke enough English to assist us & for the most part everyone spoke enough English to help me when I needed it including housekeeping. I also feel that if I'm visiting someone else's country that I should at least try to learn a few important phrases to communicate. (I brushed up on my Spanish after reading the reviews but didn't really need to use it)
Realistically, the resort is not perfect. We had a hot tub right outside of our room, but it was never hot. The beds are older as the reviews stated. Fitted sheets would really help. We doubled up the sheets on the mattress since it seemed old to make us feel more comfortable laying on it. The toilet also ran so we had to giggle it to stop it. The room is older but we didn't go to stay in the room so the view from the patio & the service made up for it. Also the food & drinks were hit or miss but that's no different from any other all inclusive resort. There is enough variety to find something that fits ur taste. We didn't like the Brazilian place too much but El Pescador was really good. The buffet & the snackbars also had enough for us to choose from.Finally, the pools close at like 7 & i think the resort should also consider having extended pool times or leaving 1 of the 3 pools open for adult swim.
Overall we got a lot more than what we expected for the price we paid. Pretty grounds, nice pools, cool nightclub & friendly staff. I would stay there again & recommend this resort to anyone visiting D.R. if you are looking for a beautiful place to relax for a good price. ( just pack a fitted sheet or double up the flat sheets lol )

• Stayed October 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went here Oct'2011 with husband and 15 year old daughter.
Nice hotel,massive grounds, shares all facilities with tropical hotel. friendley staff, food ok, right on the beach shame over run with russians who were rude and always drunk, the hotel is lively with loud music all day. Outback safari with angel was great best part of holiday seeing how the locals live and getting a real feel of dominican life.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a great two weeks down south and the service at the resort was fantastic. Everyone was prompt and smiling. Food started off not so great but all and all a very good trip.
The only thing a little strange is that the locals were showing up on friday evening and invading the pool bar for the weekend. Yelling on cell phones and outright a bit rude but even that was not so bad.
The only real issue was with a girl from the Blue excursion company in the front lobby. Her name was Jari . We were trying to book an excursion with friend we had made while there and she did not bother confirming anything. So not only did we not a for a full day excusion like we asked for but were called liars twice by this agent but did not even get the respect we were expecting. Blue tours. Deal with your holiday companys rep when booking an excusion and stay away from BLUE.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been to DR before and stayed at another resort. This trip was a quick escape of the cold. I honestly wasn't expecting anything spectacular about this resort, but I was pleasantly surprised. The food was good. If you have read and reviews on a All-Inclusive Resort, you are accustomed to the traditional, "the food is horrible" comment. I was again, pleasantly surprised. The food was seasoned and tasted pretty good. The snack bar was a great treat in the middle of the day. The fried chicken was pretty tasty! The rooms were clean and simple. The bed wasn't completely uncomfortable. Our bathroom was in need of some renovations, but nothing horrible. I managed to get hot water.

The Animation staff was extra friendly and fun to be around. The rest of the staff wasn't exactly the most helpful, but I really don't need someone to do things I can do for myself. I was actually shocked at how many of the staff didn't understand English. Don't get me wrong, I travel a lot, so I tend to try by best at speaking the local language. And usually, the staff saves my awful attempts by understand the sprinkle of English I mix in. Not so much here. But this didn't stop us for smiling, pointing, and getting our point across. The shuttle around the property and to the casino do not run often, so be prepared to wait.

Overall, this resort was a pleasant surprise for the money! Go and enjoy yourself.

Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

After having read many reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided on Caribe Club Princess. I am a 40 something lady with a bad knee and use a cane. This resort is beautiful but I found it very large and there is a lot of walking. I would get blisters from my flip flops but the natural beauty of the resort, pools and beach were my focus so I used the bandaids in my first aid kit which helped. Bandaids in the tuck shop were 2 for one US dollar!

I stayed once in a tiny 2 and a half star hotel in Veradero, Cuba, which I thought was OK, so this resort seemed luxurious compared to that. I loved the mangrove walk, the duck pond, I fed the ducks every morning after breakfast, the hostesses in the buffet were wonderful, especially Rosary, I loved the coffee and I always found something good to eat, I tried all the a la cartes except Italian and had lobster at La Cava which was worth more than the $35 US they charge; I gained weight! When you are eating in a hot and humid climate every day, you simply cannot eat too much and I saw people piling their plates; this is what upsets the stomach as the quality was fine, the hot food was steaming hot and the yogurt was stored in ice.

Everything I had read about Jose Obama, the pool bar tender is true and then some! He is entertaining and fluent in several languages; I thought it was fascinating that so many ppl from all over the world gathered at that little pool bar, made new friends and laughed all day long, even after 6:00 pm when Jose Obama had to close the bar and go home. A special thanks to both Jose Obama and his partner Braudilio for always making me feel like a special guest at their bar; and hello to the crazy Russian girls who gave me my first mamawanna, the honeymooners from Minnesota, the family from Chicago, the lovely couple from Switzerland, the couple from Alabama, Anthony from Paris, the ladies from Quebec, Arelis and Frankie from Jersy, and the two solo Russian ladies I befriended, and the young girl from Chile who found my glasses after the waves knocked them off me in the ocean; (the waves are very powerful and there is a very strong undertow) Also a thank you to Liciana my maid, and Winston, Claudia and the rest of the lobby bar staff, and Frankie and the entire animation team for the water aerobics, the music, the entertainment all day by the pool, and at night in the theatre and the lobby, also the staff at the beach bar where I loved to sit at night and listen to the Bacchata music.

Negatives: the guys who work in the gift shop and one girl in the tuck shop harrassed me to buy things, tried to charge me $187 US for a few fridge magnets, kept asking me where my husband was, asked me to go back to the buffet to get the girl at the cash register something to eat, because she was starving, and they laughed at me when I left the shop. They should not be employed by this resort, along with the staff at the creperie who ignored me, turned their backs to me, gave me dirty looks when I asked for a crepe then served it to me with their hands ,and gave me threatening looks when I said that's not hygenic. These types of people do not belong at this resort.

The thing I did not like was the cold and dampness of my hotel room, which is all tile and the worn bedding and mattresses, and the musty smell of the bedding. However my maid brought me fresh towels and plenty of shampoos and gel everyday.

I had the impression that this resort is popular with Canadians and Americans. Not so! I had difficulty finding people who spoke English. The resort was nearly completely populated with Russians. Their behaviour was so astonishingly rude, pushy, bullish, intimidating and miserable, that even after having studied Russian at university and having visited Russia, I am so completely turned off these people that I would not return to Punta Cana or any other place that is popular for them. If you are a lady travelling and dining alone, and use a cane, they will stare and glare at you like you are a freak; they will cut you off at the buffet and bud in front of you when you are in line anywhere. I know it's only been 20 odd yrs since these ppl have been allowed to travel outside their country, and are not aware of Western sensibilities or the 2000 yr old adage "When in Rome do as Romans do", I frankly don't give a damn. I did not go on vacation to look at miserable dolts who behave as though they've just been released from a cave. They believe that without the rubles they convert to euros the DR would go bankrupt.

Also, after having seen Cap Cana and the houses of the global elite whom the president allows to live there tax free, and after having been stranded at the privately owned PC airport due to a power failure, with no backup generators or solar panels for the rest of us tourists who paid good money to visit the country, and which left my plane unable to land and pick me up, I think the president should not allow this nonsense to occur. There is no lack of money. This is another reason I would not return to Dr. The Caribe Club Princess is a beautiful resort but I will go to another country next time.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!