My boyfriend & I just got back a few days ago & relied on tripadvisor to help us pick a resort & decided that this was a good pick for a spur of the moment getaway. We had a great carefree week with no major complaints. The resort is beautiful with an assortment of birds & scenery to enjoy. We had the VIP package & stayed in room 2110 so the beach was literally steps away from our patio. The staff was really friendly & helpful.( I wish I would have paid more attention to everyone's names but I was too busy relaxing) I do remember, I believe Francisco at the lobby bar being really friendly. I also remember a gentleman that helped us with our bags & seemed to work really hard driving the resort bus. I think his name was Hector. He made us feel really at home addressing my boyfriend as "my friend!" Everytime we ran into him.
A few reviews complained about Russian or French people's behavior at the resort but I personally enjoyed the fact that this resort catered to people from all over the world & you can't fault the resort if u felt some of the guest were rude. Some also complained that the staff didn't speak English. I again didn't have a problem with that. The front desk was fluent, most of the food staff spoke enough English to assist us & for the most part everyone spoke enough English to help me when I needed it including housekeeping. I also feel that if I'm visiting someone else's country that I should at least try to learn a few important phrases to communicate. (I brushed up on my Spanish after reading the reviews but didn't really need to use it)
Realistically, the resort is not perfect. We had a hot tub right outside of our room, but it was never hot. The beds are older as the reviews stated. Fitted sheets would really help. We doubled up the sheets on the mattress since it seemed old to make us feel more comfortable laying on it. The toilet also ran so we had to giggle it to stop it. The room is older but we didn't go to stay in the room so the view from the patio & the service made up for it. Also the food & drinks were hit or miss but that's no different from any other all inclusive resort. There is enough variety to find something that fits ur taste. We didn't like the Brazilian place too much but El Pescador was really good. The buffet & the snackbars also had enough for us to choose from.Finally, the pools close at like 7 & i think the resort should also consider having extended pool times or leaving 1 of the 3 pools open for adult swim.
Overall we got a lot more than what we expected for the price we paid. Pretty grounds, nice pools, cool nightclub & friendly staff. I would stay there again & recommend this resort to anyone visiting D.R. if you are looking for a beautiful place to relax for a good price. ( just pack a fitted sheet or double up the flat sheets lol )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic