“Third visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C/ El Cortecito | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #32 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Sherbrooke
“Third visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the GP Palace from November 17 to 24. It was my third vacation to this hotel. We like this resort because of the beautiful beach with a lot of palm trees and the proximity of the Palace rooms to the beach and the restaurants & services.
However we were very disappointed upon arrival to be downgraded to a building in the Punta Cana section, at the back of the complex. We don't know if it's Air Transat Vacations' fault or the hotel's, but it took some serious discussions with the staff to finally get a room in the Palace section, according to what we had paid for. Thank you Mr Fernelis from the check-in desk! I remembered him from my previous stays and he was able to get us a room. But this shouldn't have happened in the first place. I don't care if the hotel was full, but it wasn't a good start to our vacation.
Apart from that, we enjoyed our week. The buffet staff at Las Torres was very welcoming: thank you Karina, Juan Miguel and Leandro for our morning cappuccinos! The a la carte restaurants are usually full after 7-7:30 PM, but we like to go earlier so it wasn't a problem for us, and I prefer this to standing in line a long time,trying to get reservations to a la carte, like at other resorts. There were two new restaurants: an Italian (nice and quiet), and a steakhouse (noisier but with surprisingly good steaks). There are renovations in progress at other restaurants so they were closed.
We stayed in the Palace area because the restaurants were near, and we didn't need to take the shuttle, fortunately, because it's always full in the evening.
We had indicated on our reservation, and in an email, that we were returning guests. I was disappointed that we never got an upgrade, or any perks, and that we had to waste our time trying to get the room we had paid for. But at the end of the week, we were happy with our vacation.
I'd stay at this resort again, especially for the beautiful beach!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Gerente at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear. Mrs. / Mr. Lovecaraibes.

On behalf of the Grand palladium Palace Resort, spa & Casino, Thank you for selecting our hotel for your vacations in the Caribbean, unfortunately we have seen that your experience on your recently staying was not completely satisfied.

I take this opportunity to apologize, in case these occurred events have caused you, any kind of disturbances to consider your next visite, right through this response we let you know how important you are for us to make your staying pleasent.

Just by knowing your opinion, we will be able to improve our standards and facilities to offer you service accordingly to your needs.

We hope to have the opportunity in the future to serve you without any inappropriate situations.

Merry christmas

R Segarra.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Last week, myself along with seven friends stayed at the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. The pros are located on the beach; beach chairs on the beach; access to a variety of great pools; all resort rooms are a short walk to a pool; rooms are comfortable, clean, nice, and spacious; resort atmosphere is beautiful; all-inclusive; they roomed our party of five rooms together; and transfers to/from airport was smooth.

The cons are the food was not very good. The food was better in the restaurants compared to the buffets. However, there was an hour to an hour half wait to be sat at the restaurants. This waiting got old. It is off peak season, too! We got tired of the food not being appealing that we stuck to a few cooked to order items at the Sports Bar. It is unfortunate to not have good food while on vacation and to have to wait so long to eat.

There were vendors located throughout the resort selling various local items, which it was nice to have easy access to local items. However, the vendors begged for our business instead of just being available. Even the excursion agents begged for our business. It was very annoying to be within a resort and have beggars throughout. I felt like I was walking through the tourist streets. This atmosphere shouldn’t be in a resort. The resort should be relaxing and leisure.

Room Tip: It seems all rooms are close to the pool. Optimal is to have room in a building one to two buildings...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear. Mrs. / Mr. Gigi F.

I take this opportunity to apologize, in case these occurred events have caused you, any kind of disturbances to consider our food not of your desires.

Besides we have a bunch of specialty restaurants you should have tried, any way thank for sending us your feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Merry christmas

Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We liked the Grand Palladium Palace so much last year we came back this year and brought more of the family with us. We all had a great time and the beach, pool and restaurants were all great.
While there could be some improvements in the "attention to details" they got all of the big items right.
Special thanks go to Jazmin in Guest Relations who helped unravel an Airport return voucher issue, helped plan a birthday surprise for my sister and provided some helpful suggestions for a off-site casino visit for my mother.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear. Mrs. / Mr. Bob.C

On behalf of grand palladium Palace Resort spa & Casino: we are tremendously thankful for dedicating your valuable time to comment your experience with us.

we have seen that your experience was great and satisfying. As well we would like to invite you once again to our complex to keep those memories and go beyond your expectative.

At grand palladium Palace Resort and spa: we strive with devotions to assure to our guest wonderful memories back home.

L. Tajes
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Grand Palladium Palace is a great one (3 days till we fly back to Ottawa)
We are down here for my cousins wedding (today) so we are a big group.

This hotel is beautiful as the grounds are well maintained and has mature vegetation.
The beach is lovely with lots of room and beach chairs.
The buffets have a great choice and the a la cartes are excellent.

• Stayed November 2013
Rsegarra, Gerente at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear. Dear. Mrs. / Mr. RANDYN.

On behalf of grand palladium Palace Resort and Casino: we are very thankful for dedicating your time to comment your experience with us.

we have seen that your experience was great and satisfying in other words according to your expectations.

L. Tajes.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The overall stay at the GPPR was great! Very immersed in the local culture. The staff was Great, and very responsive to all of my needs! I only have two real negatives: 1. the electronics in the rooms are seriously outdated 2. The wait at the steakhouse was far TOO long. It had you thinking that the food was going to be stellar, when it was only really adequate. The wait was mainly due to the fact that it took 1 hour 45 min to get my food...and that was on my second attempt when I was the third person let in!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ltajes, Gerente at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear. Mrs./ Mr. KYLE F.

On behalf of grand palladium Palace Resort and Casino: we are tremendously thankful for dedicating your time to comment your experience with us. As well we would like to invite you once again to our complex to keep those memories and go beyond your expectative.

At grand palladium Palace Resort and spa: we effort with devotions to assure to our guest wonderful memories back home.

we look forward to welcome you back in the future

L Tajes
Glenside, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my second trip to DR and will not return to Palladium in DR.
Check-in: My 19 friends and I encountered problems the day of arrival throughout the 6 night stay. First, there is a language barrier between the staff and guests. It was obvious the staff working in the reception area was not familiar with the check-in process and very little English!

Arrival to Room: I arrived to my "Loft Suite", which only had a bed, end table and outdated television upstairs. The sofa bed on the first floor was the most uncomfortable "thing to sleep on". All other 'amenities (bathroom, closet, television, etc. were down stairs (14 steps). It ranked of a heavy odor of mildew or something worse. I picked up the phone and the person answering could not understand English!. I went to lobby where I waited a very long time for service. They sent housekeeping with Aroma Spray which added to the bad odor. I insisted on moving to another room. We down graded to Delux Room....the air did not work for 6 nights, the room flooded on the 2nd night from another room above. Our room stayed flooded with water from 1:15 pm to 6:30 pm. My roommate reported the problem and when I returned from excursion at 6:15 THE WATER WAS STILL ON THE FLOOR. At this point, I am only communicating with the manager on duty.

Unhappy Staff: It appeared that the majority of the staff was not happy with their jobs. We found them to be rude and unpleasant (unless you were able to speak their language or placing a tip in their hands).

The shuttle service: Truly a joke. We waited over 40 minutes for a ride to the sports bar or disco at Bavaro with many shuttles empty and passing us by on several evenings. The bellhop would tell us "10 minutes". We actually boarded one of the shuttles and was told he was not going that way. We refuse to get off and insisted the driver take us.....and he did and picked up others along the way.

Power Outage: Every evening we experienced a power outage in the casino and on all the televisions.. They claimed there were problems with the signals (what was the problem in the casino with the power out every night?) By the way, in the Casino the bartenders were extremely rude and unpleasant. If you sit down at the bar, someone should come ask what you would like. "Excuse me, we would like some service" I believe that was asking too much. We were served with an attitude.

Another rule in the casino - when you are paid from your hit on the machines, the casino keeps the "cents" .01 - .99 cents is kept. You are only paid in complete dollars.

Reservations: we were told you needed reservations and the men required long pants. OK, we made reservations and returned at our scheduled time and men in long pants only to find out that we were being bumped because guests at the Royal do not need reservations which made us wait an additional 45 minutes and (Royal guest (men) did not have on long pants). There so much more to say, I believe I am at the maximum. Don't plan your vacation at Palladium in DR

Totally disappointed, KT

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Rsegarra, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear. Mrs ./ Mr. Kathie R.

On behalf of grand palladium Palace Resort and Casino & Spa: we are tremendously thankful for dedicating your time to comment your experience with us.

Conserning to the language barrier, we want you to know that your opinion are very valuable and help us to improve; so we are instructing our staff with english lessons and others, in order to answer the satisfactions of our guest.

We have noted your expectative was not satisfied on your recently staying, so we are offering you an apology for the inconvenients you faced and invite you once again to our complex to see our improvements.

At grand palladium hotels and spa: we strive with devotions to assure to our guest wonderful memories back home.

Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

After a couple days of sun and quality time with my family, who traveled miles to be at a special family wedding, we started noticing we were all feeling sick. About half of the 52 guests, who were staying at the resort for the wedding, felt sick with diarrhea, vomiting and stomach cramps. Each day someone was missing out on a family activity because they were too sick to attend. When this problem was brought to the hotel staff, they simply said " Did you eat the salad?, because "we", the staff, do not eat the salad here or anything washed with the water. This information would have been very useful before: 20 sick people got sick, 2 people ended up in the hospital (with infectious gastroenteritis) and most of us, realized that perhaps this was not the most clean or sanitary establishment in the Dominican Republic. Never again!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rsegarra, Gerente at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear. Mrs ./ Mr.OMEEE.

We have noted your expectative was not met on your last staying,so this is an important opportunety to clarify that we made all clinical analysis; as a rutine and got the conclusions, you should have catched, a kind of virus outside the hotel, because we did not find any uncommon things on our food or enviroments as you mantioned.
So we are offering you an apology for the inconvenients you faced.

Our health Quality department; we have as a routine the checking in all establishment and products to make sure every things go on the right way.

We look forward to welcome you back to our resort and give you the desired service.

At grand palladium Palace Resort &spa: we strive with devotions to assure to our guest wonderful memories back home.

Puntuá esta traducción: Ma

Been to Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!