My husband and I stayed at the GP Palace from November 17 to 24. It was my third vacation to this hotel. We like this resort because of the beautiful beach with a lot of palm trees and the proximity of the Palace rooms to the beach and the restaurants & services.
However we were very disappointed upon arrival to be downgraded to a building in the Punta Cana section, at the back of the complex. We don't know if it's Air Transat Vacations' fault or the hotel's, but it took some serious discussions with the staff to finally get a room in the Palace section, according to what we had paid for. Thank you Mr Fernelis from the check-in desk! I remembered him from my previous stays and he was able to get us a room. But this shouldn't have happened in the first place. I don't care if the hotel was full, but it wasn't a good start to our vacation.
Apart from that, we enjoyed our week. The buffet staff at Las Torres was very welcoming: thank you Karina, Juan Miguel and Leandro for our morning cappuccinos! The a la carte restaurants are usually full after 7-7:30 PM, but we like to go earlier so it wasn't a problem for us, and I prefer this to standing in line a long time,trying to get reservations to a la carte, like at other resorts. There were two new restaurants: an Italian (nice and quiet), and a steakhouse (noisier but with surprisingly good steaks). There are renovations in progress at other restaurants so they were closed.
We stayed in the Palace area because the restaurants were near, and we didn't need to take the shuttle, fortunately, because it's always full in the evening.
We had indicated on our reservation, and in an email, that we were returning guests. I was disappointed that we never got an upgrade, or any perks, and that we had to waste our time trying to get the room we had paid for. But at the end of the week, we were happy with our vacation.
I'd stay at this resort again, especially for the beautiful beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Expedia, Otel, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana