“Great stay at the Grand Palladium Palace I'm Punta Cana” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C/ El Cortecito | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #43 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Ottawa
“Great stay at the Grand Palladium Palace I'm Punta Cana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Grand Palladium Palace is a great one (3 days till we fly back to Ottawa)
We are down here for my cousins wedding (today) so we are a big group.

This hotel is beautiful as the grounds are well maintained and has mature vegetation.
The beach is lovely with lots of room and beach chairs.
The buffets have a great choice and the a la cartes are excellent.

• Stayed November 2013
Rsegarra, Gerente at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear. Dear. Mrs. / Mr. RANDYN.

On behalf of grand palladium Palace Resort and Casino: we are very thankful for dedicating your time to comment your experience with us.

we have seen that your experience was great and satisfying in other words according to your expectations.

At grand palladium Palace Resort and spa: we strive with devotions to assure to our guest wonderful memories back home.

L. Tajes.

2,464 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Polish first
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The overall stay at the GPPR was great! Very immersed in the local culture. The staff was Great, and very responsive to all of my needs! I only have two real negatives: 1. the electronics in the rooms are seriously outdated 2. The wait at the steakhouse was far TOO long. It had you thinking that the food was going to be stellar, when it was only really adequate. The wait was mainly due to the fact that it took 1 hour 45 min to get my food...and that was on my second attempt when I was the third person let in!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ltajes, Gerente at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear. Mrs./ Mr. KYLE F.

On behalf of grand palladium Palace Resort and Casino: we are tremendously thankful for dedicating your time to comment your experience with us. As well we would like to invite you once again to our complex to keep those memories and go beyond your expectative.

At grand palladium Palace Resort and spa: we effort with devotions to assure to our guest wonderful memories back home.

we look forward to welcome you back in the future

L Tajes
Glenside, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my second trip to DR and will not return to Palladium in DR.
Check-in: My 19 friends and I encountered problems the day of arrival throughout the 6 night stay. First, there is a language barrier between the staff and guests. It was obvious the staff working in the reception area was not familiar with the check-in process and very little English!

Arrival to Room: I arrived to my "Loft Suite", which only had a bed, end table and outdated television upstairs. The sofa bed on the first floor was the most uncomfortable "thing to sleep on". All other 'amenities (bathroom, closet, television, etc. were down stairs (14 steps). It ranked of a heavy odor of mildew or something worse. I picked up the phone and the person answering could not understand English!. I went to lobby where I waited a very long time for service. They sent housekeeping with Aroma Spray which added to the bad odor. I insisted on moving to another room. We down graded to Delux Room....the air did not work for 6 nights, the room flooded on the 2nd night from another room above. Our room stayed flooded with water from 1:15 pm to 6:30 pm. My roommate reported the problem and when I returned from excursion at 6:15 THE WATER WAS STILL ON THE FLOOR. At this point, I am only communicating with the manager on duty.

Unhappy Staff: It appeared that the majority of the staff was not happy with their jobs. We found them to be rude and unpleasant (unless you were able to speak their language or placing a tip in their hands).

The shuttle service: Truly a joke. We waited over 40 minutes for a ride to the sports bar or disco at Bavaro with many shuttles empty and passing us by on several evenings. The bellhop would tell us "10 minutes". We actually boarded one of the shuttles and was told he was not going that way. We refuse to get off and insisted the driver take us.....and he did and picked up others along the way.

Power Outage: Every evening we experienced a power outage in the casino and on all the televisions.. They claimed there were problems with the signals (what was the problem in the casino with the power out every night?) By the way, in the Casino the bartenders were extremely rude and unpleasant. If you sit down at the bar, someone should come ask what you would like. "Excuse me, we would like some service" I believe that was asking too much. We were served with an attitude.

Another rule in the casino - when you are paid from your hit on the machines, the casino keeps the "cents" .01 - .99 cents is kept. You are only paid in complete dollars.

Reservations: we were told you needed reservations and the men required long pants. OK, we made reservations and returned at our scheduled time and men in long pants only to find out that we were being bumped because guests at the Royal do not need reservations which made us wait an additional 45 minutes and (Royal guest (men) did not have on long pants). There so much more to say, I believe I am at the maximum. Don't plan your vacation at Palladium in DR

Totally disappointed, KT

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Rsegarra, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear. Mrs ./ Mr. Kathie R.

On behalf of grand palladium Palace Resort and Casino & Spa: we are tremendously thankful for dedicating your time to comment your experience with us.

Conserning to the language barrier, we want you to know that your opinion are very valuable and help us to improve; so we are instructing our staff with english lessons and others, in order to answer the satisfactions of our guest.

We have noted your expectative was not satisfied on your recently staying, so we are offering you an apology for the inconvenients you faced and invite you once again to our complex to see our improvements.

At grand palladium hotels and spa: we strive with devotions to assure to our guest wonderful memories back home.

R Segarra.
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

After a couple days of sun and quality time with my family, who traveled miles to be at a special family wedding, we started noticing we were all feeling sick. About half of the 52 guests, who were staying at the resort for the wedding, felt sick with diarrhea, vomiting and stomach cramps. Each day someone was missing out on a family activity because they were too sick to attend. When this problem was brought to the hotel staff, they simply said " Did you eat the salad?, because "we", the staff, do not eat the salad here or anything washed with the water. This information would have been very useful before: 20 sick people got sick, 2 people ended up in the hospital (with infectious gastroenteritis) and most of us, realized that perhaps this was not the most clean or sanitary establishment in the Dominican Republic. Never again!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rsegarra, Gerente at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear. Mrs ./ Mr.OMEEE.

We have noted your expectative was not met on your last staying,so this is an important opportunety to clarify that we made all clinical analysis; as a rutine and got the conclusions, you should have catched, a kind of virus outside the hotel, because we did not find any uncommon things on our food or enviroments as you mantioned.
So we are offering you an apology for the inconvenients you faced.

Our health Quality department; we have as a routine the checking in all establishment and products to make sure every things go on the right way.

We look forward to welcome you back to our resort and give you the desired service.

At grand palladium Palace Resort &spa: we strive with devotions to assure to our guest wonderful memories back home.

R Segarra.

Puntuá esta traducción: Ma
Miramichi, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Any time we went to the Customer Service desk, it was as though we were invisible. There would usually be anywhere from 2 to 5 people looking at the computers. We would have to speak up every time. The first night we were there, we ordered room service and kept waiting for them to come. My husband is diabetic and needed to eat right away. About an hour later we were informed that the food was left in a little cubby hole by our door. Needless to say it was cold and rubbery by then. It was extremely hard for me to try and explain that my meals had to be 100% Gluten Free. When I told one Server, he walked behind me and said "ALWAYS A PROBLEMO". I was not impressed. One day we were locked out of our room and they had to find someone to come and fix the lock (about an hour wait). I could go on and on................ We will not return to this resort

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rsegarra, Gerente at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Mrs. Denise,

Thank you for taking time to send us a feedback on your experience. We are really sorry that your expectations were not met on your recent visit. Your experience describes areas in TRS Turquesa (not GP Palace). Sorry that you were not aware of our program for special conditions like yours (celiac and diabetes) as we do have a ID card for each to show at the restaurants and get help selecting proper food for you.

Our apologies on the technical issue with your room entrance electric lock. Hope the technical services was pront to assist you. As understandable, these kinds of incidents are not planned but can happen anywhere.

We expect to welcome you in a not distant future and have an opportunity to show you improoves in our operation as well as the hospitality that makes our complex a favorite in Punta Cana.

Yours in hospitality,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was very displeased with the staff on this resort. Now do not get me wrong the resort and beach are very beautiful, but the staff was racist and also very rude. If you are not a White American, German or Spanish speaking individual you are treated as if you are some type of outcast. Basically none of the staff spoke any kind of English at all. When they were able to communicate (because I do speak some spanish) the staff then provided incorrect information (regarding reservations that were or were not needed for restaurants that are on resort premises) and were very rude. This resort is huge and includes 4 different places were you can stay (Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa , Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa and The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium. I was advised that this resort has on premises transportation due to it's enormous size that is supposed to run every 20 minutes to pick you up and take you to your destinations. Well this transportation only catered to you if you were not dark in skin color (if you get my drift). My family and I literally waited for more thena half hour for transportation. Many empty vehicles flew right by us or would ride past us, and visibly stop right infront of a non dark skin individual to to offer a ride. The Loft was nice, but has many small bugs all over the place & the bed was very hard and uncomfortable for my spouse and I. The restaurants (that we had access to) were nice, but again the staff was rude. And on top of that I then became sick from what I did eat. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone who is looking for quality service or looking to be treated fairly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Patrice,

Thank you for taking the time for sending us a feeback on your experience. This is a wonderful opportunity to clarify certain aspects that maybe you were not completely aware of the services offered.

Transportation is set up for all 4 hotels, with 4 trams making one complete round on the complex every 20 minutes. Guests in The Royal Suites have an additional service provided with the golf karts you mention passing by empty which are an exclusive service to Royal guests. Other transportations are also available such as the spa, the casino and the Travel Club. The last service with golf karts is the one provided for all guests, only for arrivals and departures (read with luggage). If any given transportation is not busy and happen to find a guest going in the same direction, they could pick you up. Many guests mistake this as an included service and might get disappointed when the service is not available.

Your perception of a color code is correct but not the skin color but the ID bracelet on your wrist, showing the contrated services in your package.

I hope this explanation to be of help and really would love to receive you back in our complex where everyone is welcome.

Yours in hospitality,
Far Rockaway, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Im definitely heading back here. I was here for nine days in Oct. Beautiful Beach. Excellent service. The only thing that I truly recommend if you are deciding to stay more than 4 days are the excursions. It would get kind of boring. Unless you would like to do the beach thing everyday. They have a show at 10-11p.m But after you stuff your face at the buffet you just want to get back to your room. I went to the show once in my nine days and that was halloween. Which it was cool. I would give it a five star if the WIFI was faster. Its free in the lobby but not in the room. Which its ok. oh yea almost forgot and this is not everyday but they have sells people trying to sell you stuff like souvenirs. not cool. You get enough of those when you leave the resort. anyway had fun. :)

Room Tip: head to villas in the 8000's close but far enough from the lobby music at nights. and i didnt ca...