This is our third trip to the island and overall its a good resort, the weather is amazing, the beach is fantastic, water sports are good.
Pros: stunning beach with nice cooling breeze, good pool area and bar, plenty of sun loungers, choice of restaurants, drinks good especially the cocktails, gardens are immaculate, rooms spacious and maid service good, fresh towels and toiletries provided, beach towels provided, lovely setting close to beach.
Cons: our experience of customer service throughout resort was generally very, very poor, there is little English spoken by staff and we tried to get by with a few words of spanish but despite our efforts the majority of staff ignored us in both the lunch and buffet restaurants. It's unacceptable and frustrating having to ask 4 different waiters for drinks and being kept waiting 1/2 hr for them to arrive. This is not the experience we are used to receiving in hotels across the world. Waiting staff were disorganised, did the minimum they could and there needs to be much better management and direction within most of the resturants so that all guests receive equal treatment. Paying guests should be treated well, with respect and in a much more pleasant way, this would have made all the difference to our experience. For this reason we would not return to this hotel, it caters far better towards Spanish speaking guests, but if you don't speak the language many of the staff just refuse to communicate with you or don't acknowledge you exist.
The main exception was the Japanese where the staff were happy, vibrant and more focused on good customer service with a smile. Table service in lobby bar was good, we tipped which seemed to help attract attention.
The friendliest person we came across was a lovely, elderly gardener on our last day who went out of his way to chat to us and made us feel welcome - the hotel should make that man head of customer relations he could teach the waiting staff how to be friendly and nice - he's an absolute delight!
Restaurants: Food is good in Japanese, al a carte is great and the show cooking is fun! Italian was awful food, our waiters were drunk as they would bring extra drinks from the bar and would take them into the side room to drink down themselves, not what we want to see. Steak house was good first time round, steak well cooked, nice outdoor terrace. Mare Nostrum was air conditioned and food was ok there too. Beach restaurant food was generally good, waiting staff ignore you here though, especially if you are english speaking so don't go there thirsty. Breakfast buffet is quite good, fresh eggs cooked to order, fruit, pancakes etc but take your own tea bags on a morning if you like a good cuppa :) There are no reservations as all restaurants are on a first come first served basis. Tip: get there early or the wait can be up to 2 hrs if you arrive after 7.30pm, especially at weekends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana