“GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C/ El Cortecito | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #44 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Bowmanville
“GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this resort. It is a large resort. The staff are great and the food was very good. The best change that they made was that no reservations are required for the specialty restaurants. The management do not go out of their way to accomodate guests. We were there to attend a wedding. On my advise 18 people from England booked at the hotel, making a wedding party of 20 people who booked into the resort on my say so. The day of the wedding the managment would not send a golf cart to our room to take my wife in her in a long dress to the other side of the resort for the ceremony. We had to walk thru the pool area in the scorching heat grab a train to take us to the sight of the wedding. The thing that upset me the most was the constant harassment of staff about buying a time share or as they call it the Palladium Travel Club. Very rude presentation wanting me to buy a 6 thousand dollar package on the spot. The closer was extremley rude and would not take no for an answer.When you pay 4 thousand plus for a two week vacation, you should not be hounded in the lobby or any were else to buy their package!!!! All in all it was worth the money and we had a great time. Would consider going again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the beach as you have to get up at 5 AM to reserve a lounge chair
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Elgordobowmanville,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino, we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

Also, Congratulations for your weeding. We want to apologize for the misunderstandings that you experience, we will the take care of then. All comments are very important for us, which is a valuable tool for us to continue improving.

Once again thank you very much; we hope to see you soon at our resort.

Best Regards.

2,471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Polish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

English was a struggle for all the employees, and we never got a welcome kit in English, only French and Spanish was available. Its a huge complex, and we were lost a lot, and missed out on events due to this. We bought an excursion from the hotel, and were told the wrong time and place to meet, not ONCE but TWICE. My butler (Jack) told me he doesn't like tourist, and failed to get us any restaurants for dinner during our stay. He said his computer was down for 2 days, and only 10pm slots were left on our last 2 nights. We were at the all adult side, and should have just stayed there for the entire visit. Our rooms were awesome, and the maid rocked. The bartenders were hit or miss. One even rolled her eyes at me.
A couple was scolded for being 4 minutes late for dinner, an 80 yr old couple that booked in October was given the 3rd flood and finally got a manager to change rooms for them. Another couple purchased the all adult side, swim up room, and was denied. That is until they showed up in the Lobby bags packed and heading to the Iberio Star...then a room opened up.
Drink a lot, and don't expect them to kiss your butts like the Mexicans do....Americans are not the tourist of choice at this resort.

Room Tip: Try a swim up room on the all adult side....quiet, cozy, and romantic. order room service, or from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Patriots2011

We apologize for our services and that we do not full fill you expectations as well. All comments are very important for us, which is a valuable tool for us to continue improving,remember we are in high season and this may obstruct the service.

Once again thank you very much; we hope to see you soon at our resort.

Best Regards.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from April 19-29. 10 days of perfect weather and food. I don't want to write a lengthy review. Suffice to say, that the beach is spectacular, the food is fabulous (especially the Japanese restaurant) and the service is exceptional! The only critique I have is that the rooms need a face lift.
Special thanks to Carmen (Travel Club) and Fernellis (front desk) for making our stay a special one.

Room Tip: If you're staying in the Palace you want to get a room in building 81, 82, 91 or 92. These are c...
Dear Maria G,

We are really thankful for you’re the precious time you dedicate to share your good experiences in the hotel with us. It is a satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

Thanks for highlighting these details; we work to improve every day.

Thank you very much.
Woburn, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor and was looking forward to going. When we checked in we got a loft room with two queen beds. I specifically asked for a king size bed as our daughter would be staying downstairs. They then checked us into a room that the air conditioner did not work. After the maintenance man showed up, he said he fixed it. Two hours later after dinner, it still was not fixed. We then got a loft room in the 9300 building. A much better location. When it was time to put my daughter to bed the pull out couch was broken. They were nice enough to bring in a roll away bed. But they forgot the sheets! Our first day was too hectic for my taste.

The next day, I tried to make dinner reservations for the week, I started with the concierge who does not make reservations. If you want to make dinner reservations, you need to physically go to the restaurant at 6:00PM, stand in line and find out when a table would be open. This was completely unacceptable and a huge waste of time. Their Mariachi restuarant is really not Mexican as my husband had Turkey and gravy and my daughter had fried chicken... strange. The steak house was just ok, the salad bar was very good. The Monday night Mexican buffet was very good. Another thing I could not understand was they serve fresh drinks in the lobby all day long. If you want a cup of coffee in the morning, you need to go to a restaurant.

One of the resons we chose this resort was for the Teen Club. What Teen Club? It is in another resort and we never saw any teens in the building. They kept telling us to come back and no one was ever there? We stayed during Spring break, so I was amazed they did not have more teens.

On a positive note, the beach is so lovely, good luck getting a beach chair under a Cabanna! The pools are nice and the three resorts all have unique features to them. We loved William the bartender at the pool. He flirted with my thirteen year old daughter, but was harmless. Lunch at most of the restaurants were very yummy. I would check around for other hotels to stay at as the dinner reservation process was a real downer.

Room Tip: 9100 building is near the beach and pool. The 9300 building is near the pool, beach and lobby...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Letsgoseetheworld,

On behalf of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino, we want to thank you for the dedicated time you spent to share your suggestions.

Politely we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay, thanks to you and other customers suggestions we are working to improved our services.

One more time thank you very much and we hope you come back soon.

Regards.
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Palladium (Palace) from 4/21-4/27 in a Loft Suite. This resort is spectacular. This is the 3rd Grand Palladium we have stayed at (in addition to Jamaica and Riviera Maya locations) and we thoroughly enjoyed our vacation.
Room: Loft suite was spectacular. We had an awesome room/building location with a gorgeous view of the beach. The daily cleaning and service of our room was excellent! We couldn't have asked for a better room overall.
Sleeping Quality: I ranked it as average as the beds are sooooo hard. beyond hard. Even if you like a firm mattress I'm certain you would still find the bed unbearable to some degree.
Beach: Pristine. The sand is soft and clean. You DO NOT NEED WATER SHOES to go in this water. The beach floor is soft with nothing weird on the floor of the ocean. The palapas are limited, however, and people play the towel game and are out reserving shaded spots at the beach and pools well before 7:30am! This part is frustrating as it is nearly impossible to find any open shaded areas unless you are up at the crack of dawn. This towel game and lack of shade was the worst at this resort than any we have been to. That being said, we still enjoyed the beach and pools, but just had to lay in the sun and apply sunscreen throughout the day.
Pools: Beautiful. We went to all of the resorts pools except for one. All are beautiful, clean, and refreshing. Shade limited as I wrote about already.
Grounds: Impeccably clean and well-maintained. This is a beautiful resort with many palm trees and greenery throughout. I don't think you will find a more beautiful resort in the Punta Cana area.
Service: The workers here are very cordial and will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The service at the ala carte restaurants is excellent. The service for lunch buffet was average to good. The service at breakfast buffet was horrible, by horrible I mean we literally were never even talked to by the workers and were not offered coffee or drinks for our meal during 3 of our breakfast meals.
Spa: Best kept secret of the resort. Beautiful area with many different water/pool features. The spa has their own towels, so you don't need to bring towels with you. This is a great place for relaxation and serenity and definitely worth more than one visit.
Casino: We did not go to it so I cannot comment on this other than they offer $20 dollar chips or vouchers when you walk in the door. (I know this because we did walk in the door and then felt this was a ploy and so we left).
Nightlife: We didn't attend the shows or disco so I can't comment. Im 5 mos pregnant so our nightlife and partying was limited this trip. I can say that everyday and night there are tons of activities available, from beach tequila parties to music in the lobbies and dance parties. I'm certain you won't be disappointed in the nightlife here.
Food: I'm not a fan of talking about food as everyone has their own preferences, but I will say overall I felt that the breakfast buffet was horrible. I'm a very 'American' type eater, so was disappointed that some breakfast 'staples' were missing, such as peanut butter, hashbrowns, etc. There is always an omelet and crepe station though...
Lunch: Average. Once again not many 'American' type foods. Everything seemed very extreme. If I can't recognize it from looking at it, I'm not eating it :)
Dinner: Ala Cartes we went to were the Italian, Steakhouse, and then the Royal Gourmet which is reserved for royal suites and vip members only. We also did the Mexican themed buffet night and loved the food. Dinner every night and at all the restaurants was excellent!
In general: There is ALWAYS fruit at every meal, and it is delicious! There is salad at every meal, however the ONLY salad dressing at buffets is viniagarette. This was a downfall for me as I would like other options such as Ranch, Caesar, etc. Caesar dressing available at some ala cartes for dinner only. (There is mayonnaise, Rose sauce (combo of mayo, ketchup) and tarter sauce right by the vinaigarette so Im not sure if these were supposed to be the other salad dressing options..

I try to be very in-depth so this review can be helpful. We loved our stay here overall and would recommend it to anyone...We travel a lot and remain huge fans of the Grand Palladium resorts overall. You won't be disappointed. I ranked it a 4/5 overall based on the food, sleeping, and the fact that it wasn't adults only. Obviously we knew it wasn't an adults only, but that being said I reserve a 5/5 rating for adults only,luxury resorts. :)

We booked our trip through Apple and were made V.I.P's upon arrival to the resort. This is why I posted pics and reviews of things at the Royal Suites and Royal Gourmet restaurant. Even though we stayed in the Palace area, our VIP bracelets allowed us use of all royal suites pool,beach, and restaurants. this was a huge bonus to our trip. Even without being Vip's though, I'm certain we would have still been completely satisfied with our vacation.
Have fun!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Sheila M,

Please received a warm greeting from the staff of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino we want to thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.

We are proud that we full fill your expectations,

Also, congratulations for your baby.

Thank you for choosing Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino,

Best Regards,

Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino
Forest Hills, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Going to Punta Cama from April 13 - 19 was a first for my husband and myself. After reading quite a few reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor we did have a positive attitude that we booked the right place. We were extremely happy with everything. When we first arrived all I kept reminding myself was to get a room in Villas 81, 82 or 91 and what a pleasant surprise when we were given the cards to our room 9108 - it was perfect. balcony facing the beach - waking up to palm trees and the white sand and turquoise waters every morning, it was just delighful.
The food was good, not great. The staff were delightful. Luz, who took care of our room was the best. Every request we made was taken care of immediately. We both give a shout out to Isreal one of the waiters - MEOW from Harry Potter :-)
No complaints - only fond memories.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear nyctwmn718,

We greatly appreciate your dedicating a precious time to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated 18 years wendding aniversary. Im stay with my wife in the palladium four days,the hotel its excellent,beautiful beach and pool,xcellent food,very friendly staff.to many bars with international drink.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Albertonoa,

We want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay at The Royal Suites Turquesa.

We greatly appreciate that we have totally satisfied your well deserved vacations.

Greetings,

The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium

Been to Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!