I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor and was looking forward to going. When we checked in we got a loft room with two queen beds. I specifically asked for a king size bed as our daughter would be staying downstairs. They then checked us into a room that the air conditioner did not work. After the maintenance man showed up, he said he fixed it. Two hours later after dinner, it still was not fixed. We then got a loft room in the 9300 building. A much better location. When it was time to put my daughter to bed the pull out couch was broken. They were nice enough to bring in a roll away bed. But they forgot the sheets! Our first day was too hectic for my taste.
The next day, I tried to make dinner reservations for the week, I started with the concierge who does not make reservations. If you want to make dinner reservations, you need to physically go to the restaurant at 6:00PM, stand in line and find out when a table would be open. This was completely unacceptable and a huge waste of time. Their Mariachi restuarant is really not Mexican as my husband had Turkey and gravy and my daughter had fried chicken... strange. The steak house was just ok, the salad bar was very good. The Monday night Mexican buffet was very good. Another thing I could not understand was they serve fresh drinks in the lobby all day long. If you want a cup of coffee in the morning, you need to go to a restaurant.
One of the resons we chose this resort was for the Teen Club. What Teen Club? It is in another resort and we never saw any teens in the building. They kept telling us to come back and no one was ever there? We stayed during Spring break, so I was amazed they did not have more teens.
On a positive note, the beach is so lovely, good luck getting a beach chair under a Cabanna! The pools are nice and the three resorts all have unique features to them. We loved William the bartender at the pool. He flirted with my thirteen year old daughter, but was harmless. Lunch at most of the restaurants were very yummy. I would check around for other hotels to stay at as the dinner reservation process was a real downer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana