We went as a wedding party, 42 of us in total, many family members. This was all inclusive and first time in Dominican. The beach was very nice and the people were quite friendly, the food was good at most of the restaurants and buffet. The Italian restaurant was not as good. The resort is very big, so the shuttle service, train came in handy, lots of walking. We had to upgrade our room due to a musty smell in building 2000. It costs us more money but the villa was beautiful. The drinks were limited quality and variety than what I was used to. The shower leaked water on the floor, I believe was a bad design, other reviews concur. The cleaning staff was very good and so were the waiters, bellboys and waitresses. Be prepared to tip, since it seems to be an expectation. We went on an excursion which was excellent (Adventure Boogies) ask for Gabriel at the resort, great guy! Other excursions by family members were the parasailing and snorkling, all comments were excellent. The vendors on the beach can be annoying at times but you have to learn to ignore them, everyone is trying to make money.
One thing I would suggest is having an orientation to the resort after you arrive. It's so big and they offer so much, it would be nice to know where you can find the restaurants and entertainment etc.
Would I go again? Probably not to this resort since it was so big and I prefer a smaller, more intimate scene but for a big family event this is a good resort. Lots to do with variety, show every night and plenty of choices for food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana