Went to GP in Punta Cana the week of Dec 16 2012. We booked this resort after an excellent experience at the GP Lady Hamilton in Jamaica. This resort is very large and spacious but does not measure up to the GP in Jamaica the level of service was just slightly under parr..
The resort is made up of the GP Punta Cana, the GP Palace, the GP Bavaro and the GP Royal Suites ( Time Share).
All three (non time share) resorts have rooms that are ocean view but only if you're lucky enough to get one. We stayed in the Palace section.
After talking to several other guests it is obvious that the Bavaro section is the better section to book as it is newer and the restaurants are nicer.
When we arrived they assigned us to a dingy little room with no view in the Punta Cana section. it took some persuading but we finally got moved to a nice room in the Palace section.All the staff were friendly and sincere with their service. We found that sometimes we thought we were invisible in some bars as the service was not very good but in other Bars and restaurants the service was great. The Spanish and Mexican restaurants were our favorites and the Japanese restaurant was quite entertaining.
I really liked the Occupied / Vacant signs on the tables in the buffet restaurants. Great idea!
Make sure you get a resort map at the check in counter and keep it with you. Look for short cuts otherwise you'll walk in circles.
If the Latin guitarist Arturo Fuerte is performing in the lobby bar be sure and take in his performance. His rendition of "Stairway to Heaven" was incredible.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace
- Grand Palladium Resort
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa
- Palladium Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.