“Worst Trip Ever!! Terrible Service! Worst hotel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C/ El Cortecito | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #22 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
“Worst Trip Ever!! Terrible Service! Worst hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We just got back from a 14 day stay at the Grand Palladium Palace and it was our worst trip ever. We brought 75 people to this hotel for our wedding and we were treated like garbage!

Upon arrival with 75 people, the front desk set up was a disaster and unorganized. And to top it off NO ONE speaks or UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH! As the bride and groom we were up graded to the Royal Suites. We waited for over an hour for a bell boy to bring us to our room. Our family and friends were already in their rooms and ready for supper as we were still waiting for our ride to our room. When asking why are we not getting picked up they were rude and told us to wait!

When phoning the front desk to get a room number of one of family members, we were told they were too busy and to call back and then hung up on us - this happened numerous times.

About 25 or more rooms has numerous problems from safes not working, fridges not working, no AC, phones broken, shower heads falling off, rooms were infested with ants ( which all they did about that was come and spray the whole room with RAID and then leave and did not even move them into another room) and blood splats on walls, Jacuzzi's not working and balcony doors not locking. Not to mention alot of personal belongs were stolen. And when talking to the manager it was our say vs the maids say and NOTHING was done.

Service in ALL restaurant is horrible! Waiting to eat at a la carte for over an hour to 3 hours is totally unacceptable. Try making a reservation was impossible, it took 7 days for us to book in one a la carte. We wouldnt get any service to get our drinks, if we tried to get up and get our own we were told no and to go sit and they would bring it to us, which they would bring to us ONCE we were done eating or none at all! The service was horrible. More than half the people were sick after eating each time they ate. The buffet was terrible always the same food. Japanese was the only good restaurant and good luck trying to get into that one.

While trying to relax at either the beach or the pool, we were constantly bugged by people trying to sell us stuff. Even with saying not interested they still wouldn't go away. And if you actually did talk to them, they would bug you to go get them beers!

Laundry men were yelling and screaming at myself and my husband calling him out to fight. I did NOT feel safe at all. Calling him a tough boy, lets see how tough you are and then yelling at us in Spanish. After this happened we changed our 28 day stay to 14 days and left with the rest of the group.

As for our wedding. My whole yr of emailing back n forth with the wedding coordinator was a waste of time because they changed everything on me! At our meeting, they wanted to change the DAY of my wedding, then they told me the time has changed from 3pm to 5pm due to another wedding party is getting married at 3pm. When I first booked a time for the wedding I said no way in hell do I want a 5 o'clock wedding and thats what they gave me. I made them change the time to 1pm. Then when paying they quoted me 2012 prices and tried making me pay 2013 prices. Before I left for Punta Cana i was asked to fill out a form for music i want to be played at the wedding. I asked numerous times if she got my play list and I was told yes and didnt need to bring my own music. When it came time for me to pay the DJ i asked do you have my music and I was TOLD NO! They left it to the day before the wedding to try and open the form I filled out. For several days I had no music, no father daughter dance no first dance or party music. I had to go and print out the music list myself. We also told them we wanted a seating plan. We arranged the seating plan with the wedding coordinator at our meeting and the day of the wedding when giving them the seating plan paper we then found out they set up less tables with more people so before everyone could come in we had to re write the seating plan. They told us to tell ALL the guest to be in the lobby for 12:30 as they would all get picked up to be brought to the beach. NO ONE came to pick them up. And then they were told to be in the lobby for 5:30 so they can be picked up to be brought for dinner. ONCE again NO ONE SHOWED UP. The wedding coordinator was never around. If it wasnt for my uncle who married us(and has done this many of times), my wedding wouldnt of went good at all. Do you know how hard it was for us to find 75 people to tell them the time changed and to be meet in the lobby for 12:30pm. They didnt offer to send each guest a letter telling them the changes.

If you are going to this resort be prepared to be eating alive by mosquitos. Many got attacked by mosquitos, noseeums(sand flies) and be stung by huge wasps. Everyone that had a room on the main floor had to deal with cockroaches!!

The smell of sewage out side of the lobby is so disgusting. You have to walk by their huge sewage plant in the middle of the resort every day. Its so nasty, made us all sick to our stomachs every time we walked by.

Even after complaining about all the problems, and considering how many people we brought to the hotel. We were then ignored by the staff and not served at all. They looked at us as if we were stupid. AND would talk in Spanish. No upgrades, nothing for all the innocence.

We met another wedding group of 60 people. They felt the same way and had all the problems we did.We also met a couple that have gone to the Grand Palladium Palace several times and said this was their worst trip ever, the service was horrible but when complained they got a big bottle of rum and a week FREE! And we got nothing!

Bringing 75 people to this resort and to be treated like garbage is horrible. I do not recommend this hotel at all. I did not feel safe and never had the chance to relax due to being bothered every where we went.

Majestic Colonial is where we stayed last yr and will go from now on!

This hotel should be a 1 star! The service was horrible, the staff was rude and no one spoke a word of English! DO not go to this hotel!

The only thing that was nice was the beach but you were constantly bugged to buy stuff!

Do NOT go to this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Bethany S,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino, we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your holidays, on the high season sometimes is difficult to satisfy all our customers, but I assure you we will consider your suggestions, we are working to improve our services.

Once again thank you very much,

Greetings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Best beach with most palms and enough shade. Excellent food, great staff. After 2 times there for 2 weeks in march 2012 and january 2013 we didnt find anything to complain about. Great team for water sports. Great rooms - thank you Dolores for help with the room choice. Also great for children.

With best regards from Europe

Robert D.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Robert D,

We are really thankful for you’re the precious time you dedicate to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

It is a satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

We look forward for your return.

Thank you very much.
Kelvington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Jan 2013 - Jose this ones for you! Four of us stayed here for two weeks. We never tired of the beautiful beach, great food (lots of variety to please everyone), friendly staff, clean and beautiful grounds. Would definitely go back to this resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in 8410 - great location. Close to pool, lobby, and beach.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JRMORR,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino, we wants to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

Comments like yours are the best motivation for our team,

We look forward for your return.

Brampton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

To start, staff does not understand english and has an attitude that you are bothering them. Food was awful. We went over New Years and they served the exact same thing on the buffet on New Years Eve, and then again the next night, right down to the "proscuitto pig" which looked really nasty by the second night. The bathrooms at the palace pool/restaurant were disgusting!! Room was not what we requested but front desk only interested in upselling us, not providing what we had ordered. No washcloths, two towels and two glasses provided for a family of 4. No light in the bathroom (how did the cleaning staff see to clean it?) On checkout I was asked how my holiday was, to which I replied it was OK, but my husband had been really sick the last two days. The staff member told me "So glad to hear that" . My husband ended up in the hospital after we got home with a suspected parasite. We will never return to Dominican!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear guest,
First of all thank you very much for sharing your appreciation, regarding the foreign language we have in place English classes which are very much appreciated by the staff, unfortunately it is not always the level that we expect but we still have it in our procedures.
The Gala dinner that we held on New Year’s Eve it is once a year and we throw it with special effort and care, the prosciutto display was placed on that special night only.
Regarding the towels we did have a mishap that was promptly corrected and we haven’t had an issue since those few days.
Te request of a particular type of room it is under availability at the time of the Check In, our procedure it is to offer an upscale room available. Each client is assigned with the hired category as the manifest for the room, and when we have exceptionally availability of the room we usually give an up-grade over the contracted category.
I hope that you take under consideration and visit us in a near future, our project it is to continue improving and we do with the valuable comments of our guests.

Regards from the Management.
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Food and people were awesome. We travelled with family. They had two double beds when they needed 1 queen or king size instead. We had a king size but no a/c for half the stay. We complained to the hotel, no change. We complained to our travel advisor, Transat, and no change. We continued each day to say that 27.5 C was not acceptable. Finally by the 4th day they gave us a lame excuse that the wiring was wrong. The best we got it to was 24 C or the last 3 nights. Another couple in our group had numerous woes with the batteries dying in the safe which made for tense moments to keep their valuables safe. And be prepared or the Dominican minute. They say they will do something or get something in a minute or two minutes. That could mean 10 minutes or 2 hours or tomorrow!

But the sun, the sand and the ocean can not be beat. Some flies and birds in the buffets which annoyed us or entertained us.

Lots of food in the al la cartes. Sometimes way too much. But all great and most of the servers, waiters, and staff very friendly and made you feel like family. Even small tips, kept them coming back to make sure you were happy.

The resort does allow vendors to one poolside and on beach. Just be aware of product quality and price. Even if they offer a 40% discount themselves, offer 40% less than that.

Room Tip: Since the villas have pools close by, and buffets and bars, you won't get a bad room. Just avoi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear 99Amigo99,

From the staff of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We work to keep the services and facilities at the height of your needs, that's why we greatly appreciate that we satisfied your well deserved vacations, we hope to see you soon.

Belleville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Recently returned from a week at this resort. I have 4 kids aged 13 to 18. This was a great resort lots to do for all ages. Great food at the a la cartes as well as the buffets. Beach loungers were always available. Beautiful white sand beach and no sea weed. Only negative was that I wish you were able to make reservations at the restaurants and not have to wait until 5pm to go and make them the same day. Would go back in a second but would probably stay in the adults only section (Turquesa). A great time was had by all.

Dear Mulhall-dk,

We want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay at our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino for you and your relatives and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Politely we would like to apologize for the inconvenience, thanks to you and other customers suggestions we are working improved our service.

We will be waiting for you next vacations.

Cap-Rouge, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very nice hotel and beach
its perfect if you want to sit down and relax but if you want to do activities i would recommend another section of the resort as they were more crowded.
Its a giant resort and on the palace side there was not as much entertainment.
The food was very good especially the buffet.

I recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rsegarra, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear. Mrs./Mr. Frankalbot..

In the Name of Our Partners: The Grand Palladium Royal Suites Turquesa and who subscribe let me extend warm greetings, and add tremendous Mind That we are grateful for taking your valuable time to comment your wonderful experience With Us.

Also, we would like to invite Once Again, Our Complex to keep those good memories Lived.
we have noted That Your Experience With Us was Wonderful, and filled out all your expectations, your Beautiful Words Encourage and motivate us to maintain our Level of service.
at the Grand Palladium Royal Suites Turquesa: we strive to Devotion to ensure Our ​​Guests Wonderful memories back home.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Been to Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!