Just returned home from 2 great weeks at the Grand Palladium Palace.
Not one negative thing to say about the resort or the Staff. Evelyn and the boys (julio etc.) were wonderful POP helping us enjoy our trip and get us involved in the activities. Drinks were flowing plentifully and was a nice change to have someone coming and asking you around the pool if you wanted a drink, didn't have that last year at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton but it was good anyway. Food was excellent in the buffets as well as the al la cartes. Beautiful white sandy beaches great for talking long walks. We got to visit the Royal Turquesa section as we met someone staying there, also very nice. Yes, the ground are big and if you don't catch the train there is walking involved but it doesn't seem too bad and with all the food and drinking your doing it will do your good.
Took the Bavaro Safara VIP tour and the Saona Island tour both very enjoyable. Take money for tips with you as its nice to help out the employees who are being so nice to you. Watch for the vendors along the beach, if you walk in the water they don't bother you. Remember they do bargain but it's not guaranteed things are authentic. Silver may not be Silver anyone can stamp 925 on an item. Take the free bus to Nicoles prices not bad and the jewellery is real.
On a side note, we travelled with Air Transat and was very upset to be told we had 9 kg overweight when we had left all our shampoo, deodorant, hair spray and 3 empty cans of spray suntan lotion at the resort. The only things we had in our baggage that didn't travel down with us was on bottle of Rum and 2 polo shirts. All other items were in our carry ons. Thanks Air Transat for our $135.00 charge that we had to pay or not fly home. Funny thing is the scale was registering weight without anything being on it. We questioned it and so did a newlywed couple who had taken numerous items with them for their beach wedding that they also left at the resort and they were charged also. Something is wrong with this scenario. Check your scales and a refund would be appreciated.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace
- Grand Palladium Resort
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa
- Palladium Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo and Otel so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.