This hotel is definitely not a 4.5 star. We were greeted in our first room by a roach, the first of many. We had them in our drinks that we brought to our room, when left in the room. We had our room fumigated and we had one night of no cockroaches followed by multiple adults and babies the next night.... NASTY. We were treated like we were stupid and told that this was part of their environment and that no one else ever complained of cockroaches. It was our fault as we had pop and drinks in our room. The pop was from your mini bar? I have traveled to many resorts in many Countries and have not encountered cockroaches in the room. This was the first and will probably be my last trip of this nature. We were threatened and they demanded our passport numbers, once we were transfered to our third room after complaining of the cockroaches. I ofcourse refused to provide our passport numbers. We were moved three times only to have cockroaches wherever we went. They told us to be quiet and laughed at us when asked to go home after spending days of packing item by item, checking pockets for bugs and moving and then unpacking and "sleeping" with lights on and the tv to hope they wouldn't become visible. The food was good and that's the only reason i gave it a 2. The beach is windy and cold and the pool is impossible to get a chair as they are all "saved" by bully people who don't speak English. We couldn't wait to get home only to have to unpack and leave our luggage outside as recommended by the management and Air Transat representatives... but we were advised that they wouldn't survive the plane? The representative from Air Transat was aloof and did nothing to help us or even follow up with us during this trip from hell. We asked to go home and she coldly advised us it would cost money to change flights. I was hoping to have a nice break before returning to work following my year long maternity leave, I now need a vacation from my vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, EasyToBook and Priceline so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana