We spent 7 days in Punta Cana from the 28th of December 2012 to the 4th of January 2013. We were a group of 10 + 6. We basically all were of the same opinion : definitely not a 4.5*...
We were told that this resort had the advantage of not requiring reservations for the “a la carte” restaurants. You show up at the restaurant, they give you a beeper that alerts you when the table is ready (you see this often in various places in the US). That would have been fine if all the hotel clients were using the same system... Unfortunately, some clients of the resort had the privilege to reserve their table, with the result that the restaurants the most in demand were full every night (e.g. The Japanese show, and the steak house). This was very annoying, but the hotel managers just did not care (when they were not straightly laughing at you...). The food however was generally OK. Just avoid the lamb at all costs!
Until the 31st of January, the wine served at lunch was basically undrinkable. Bad taste, and cut with water! The situation improved past the 31st (God knows why...), and we were then able to get drinkable wine. Same situation with the beach towels: almost impossible to change them until the 31st, and then they bought new ones (after many complaints), which seemingly solved the problem.
Unfortunately, we experienced various difficulties at the check-in. The rooms were not in the block we requested, which happens. However, we were travelling with my daughter that was to share a room with her cousin (male). There was no question for them to sleep in the same bed, but although we had requested a room with two beds, it seems that the only one available was one planned for renovations (no shower, no safe, no fridge, no AC...) in another part of the resort (not the Palladium, the Punta Cana). They finally had to resolve to take it for one night... Most of the rooms were OK, although they were not equal in terms of cleanliness... Some had dressing gowns, some not. The staff in the lobby was very disagreeable, again when they were not laughing at your requests...
The staff in the bars and restaurants is very nice and friendly. We wished it was the same with the managers and the lobby staff...
All in all, we were on the impression that the hotel being full, the managers jus did not know how to deal with it, and that they were panicked... Definitely not a 4.5*, not a lot more than 3.5*. Not one I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana