We stayed at this hotel beginning of December 2012. We were really looking forward to this hotel because of the positive feedback we got from my sister and her husband who stayed there a couple of years ago.
The hotel is located in a resort together with the GP Punta Cana, the GP Bavaro and the Tropical Suites (Adults only). The resort is huge. There is a train riding through the resort so you can just hop on at any of the stops and see the whole resort in about half an hour.
The hotel offers free internet in the lobby.
The beach is amazing. Very clean, very nice. The resort is next to Cortecito, a Dominican “shopping center” where you can buy souvenirs, cigars or go to lunch. This is definitely worth visiting.
There were only two toilets at the beach (near the restaurant). This is not enough for a hotel this size. We sometimes had to queue. Luckily we had a room close to the beach so we could go to our room whenever necessary.
The rooms our outdated and in desperate need of refurbishment/renovations. They are very spacious, have a small Jacuzzi, shower, everything you need. Our TV set did not work very well, it was probably 15 years old. We had a room with ocean view. I can tell you, the view was amazing and made up for the outdated room. The cleaning lady was very kind and kept our room very clean.
You can eat in all the restaurants (buffet and a-la-carte) except for the Tropical Suites, no reservation necessary. It is a pity though that some of the restaurants require long trousers and closed shoes for men (while women can go in half naked). In the evening the temperature is still 26 degrees Celsius (77 degrees Fahrenheit) in the Dominican republic, so why should men wear long trousers and closed shoes? Unbelievable. This is a holiday after all, not a beauty pageant.
My husband loves wearing 7/8 trousers, which is like 10 cm above the ankles. Unfortunately this is not accepted as long trousers. This is why we went to the buffet restaurant instead.
The food was just above average. Nothing special. One night I had grilled calamari. It took the cook ages to cook them (like 15 minutes) and when they were finally cooked, they were overcooked, black. Just awful.
One thing that disturbed me every time we went to the buffet restaurant is that the first row of tables was too close to the buffet. When people were helping themselves to some food on that side of the buffet, you could hardly pass. Also when people were seated at those first row tables, it was difficult to pass.
My sister said they had cava every day at the buffet restaurant for breakfast. When we were there however we only had cava twice in one week. Also, in the evening when I ordered cava at the bar they said we had to pay for it. It was sold by the bottle, as was champagne. This is unacceptable. Why would you charge people for cava when all the other drinks are for free? Whether you have a glass of cava or any other drink, the cost for the hotel is the same.
Also, at most of the 5 star hotels we’ve been to in Punta Cana, cava is always include in the all inclusive formula. So I was a bit disappointed we had to pay for our drinks.
Every day a cook prepared paella at the beach so we usually had some of that. It was really good. The only thing that was missing were the lobsters my sister talked about. They had lobster paella at the beach several times, however when we were there, I guess they ran out of lobsters????
Overall we can say that this hotel was OK, but we’ve had better. Our rate would be a four star hotel rather than a five star hotel. This was our tenth time in Punta Cana and we’ve been to so many different hotels (we try out a new one every year). I guess somehow we are glad we chose this hotel but unless they improve their service and do some renovations we are not going back any time soon.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace
- Grand Palladium Resort
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa
- Palladium Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Stentorian NV, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.