Confused and incompetent staff. They did not communicated with each other.
It took 2 hours to check in. (And we had "dedicated" concierge)
My 2 daughters (17 and 24) were constantly harassed by male staff: "Do you want a boyfriend for a week? Do you want a kiss?" Very unprofessional and inappropriate. "In your face"
After 4 days they finally decided to go to resort's Disco (against my advice), but they left within 10 minutes.
Overpriced. Our family of 4 paid over $9000 (all inclusive fees and airfare from Atlanta) during Christmas week on the top of time share points (means rooms no charge).
Trips: Local resort scuba diving trip to Catalina island: dirty bus, dirty beach, bad lunch. $180 per person
Other local attractions: They charged $90 for 15 min para-sailing for 2 people, $45 for small boat sailing "instruction course"
Beach: Very crowded. Some people were there at 7 am so they could "reserve" shaded spots.
Villas: We had 2 spacious rooms but service (repairs, laundry etc) was poor. Hard and damp pillows.
Food: below average buffet style, definitely worse than cruise food.
Local "a-la-cart" restaurants below average (especially Japanese). You have to wear long pants but air-conditioning was not on!
Very humid. Clothes remained damp until washed and dried at home.
If you like alcohol: its all inclusive (served without limits)
Entertainment below expectations: Casino (few tables and couple machines), Theatre (same local dance group everyday), Disco (late and empty)
Worst family vacations in the last 20 years: we travel almost every year outside of continental US: Cancun 4 x, Hawaii 2 x, Bahamas 2 x, Cruises 4 x, Aruba 2 x etc.
None of us wants to go there again!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace
- Grand Palladium Resort
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa
- Palladium Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Stentorian NV, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.