My son and I stayed at the bavaro part of the grand palladium and at first our impression was that we just wanted to go home!! Before we left to travel to DR I had sent an email to the hotel requesting a room that wasnt too far from a swimming pool. when we got there we couldnt have been further away. I contacted reception and was told they had no other rooms until the next day so the next day we went down to reception and was told there was till no rooms and to come back the next day!! on the 3rd day we were offered a rrom right behind the one we had already been in for 3 days so i declined it, but was later told we could be upgraded for a charge!!! cheeky or what. i refused to pay and was upgraded anyway to a room right beside the pool (only took 3 days to sort out). We loved the food and often ate in the a la carte restaurants and our favorite was the italian and steakhouse although if you want dinner at the steakhouse without waiting 2 hours for a table you will need to go early!!!!
All in all our holiday was nice but was spoilt at the end when my son who is 9 was told he was excluded from the pool activitys because he was too small. I was lying on a bed beside the pool and heard exactly what the entertainment staff said to my son and to be honest he was downright rude especially as he had been included in all activitys for the previous 10 days, plus there were other kids joining in and when i questioned why those children were allowed to play i was shrugged off. It ended up in a big arguement and was told to go and speak to the management at reception. BIG MISTAKE. I probably spoke to 6 people about this and was told it wasnt their problem.
I eventually spoke to the entertainment manager and was told that as my son was a child he should go to the kids club. As far as im concerned we were there on holiday not for my son to be shacked up in a hut doing silly kids club activitys.
The weather was lovely although some days were quite wet which gave our skin some time to recoup. We travelled with first choice and ive never travelled with anyone else. we also travelled premium class which was the best start to our holiday (highly recommended).
We did take some trips and i would recommend going to the padi centre and booking direct with them and dont forget to haggle!!! Nadine speaks excellent English/German/Spanish and takes no crap which was very amusing. Highly recommend speed boating we went twice and it was fantastic. We also went sea fishing in the middle of a storm which was certainly an experience, it would of been better if the weather was better but we caught several fish. The other trip we went on was the deserted island (cant remember the name it was that joyful! not!) you are constantly pestered to but goods and the food was terrible with flys laying their eggs all over it. Also if your not afraid of heights go parasailing it was the best and you really get to see where your staying form a great height.
I wont be travelling to this hotel again although i wouldnt say i wouldnt recommend. if your on a budget then go for it otherwise i would say spend a little more and get a decent holiday for your money. Happy Holidays!!!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace
- Grand Palladium Resort
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa
- Palladium Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Otel, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.