Been to Gran Palladium Palace, 12-12-2012 until 22-12-2012.
Me, Husband and 3 year-old daughter.
Room: Loft Suite, Building 96, Room 19.
Great weather: sunny, no wind, warm but not too hot. Last day rained a lot, really a downpour but no problem.
This was our second time to this Resort, again to the Palace Section. We were supposed to go to the Punta Cana side this time, but we then decided to change as at the Palace we would be, for sure, closer to the beach. We were happy with our decision as the beach at the Palace section, was much better, IMO. Wider and less people, although the beach in general was not crowded at all.
Again, we spent an excellent time. Woke up around 7, went to the beach and had time enough to pick a palapa, read or walked for a while and then headed to the Buffet Breakfast.
We had no problem in finding Palapas and even at 09:00 – 10:00 they would be available.
The food was quite good for an AI, although after the first couple of days tends to be a little repetitive, at least for breakfast and lunch.
We stood most of our time at the beach, reading, swimming and playing games with the “POP” crowd and other guests. Also played volleyball but not as much as in our previous stay, which was memorable. The “Animación” Team was very professional: Evelyn, Pedro, Alexander, Juan, Aureliana and so many others. Always working hard and trying to their best for people to have fun. We did! They were not pushy at all but always invited guest to participate in the games. We won the beach games 6x.. and went to the Theatre “Merengue” at night to receive our prizes.. bottles of rum or coffee... nice!
The Animation Team started at the beach during the morning by 10:00 and after lunch (+-15:00) headed to the pool. They were hosting the shows too at 21:45h.. a long journey’s work.
The shows at the “Merengue” were exceptionally good. We have been to many resorts in the Caribbean and the Palladium was excellent, only comparable to the ones we had in Occidental Flamingo Xcaret in Mexico. I was really impressed with the Michael Jackson show.
We were a little disappointed with the Kids’ Club. Went there with my daughter one afternoon... of course there was the “language” barrier but the 2 girls that were there didn’t even made an effort in approaching us. There were other elderly children also playing on their own. Maybe we were unlucky that time and there are other more active employees but after hearing a lot about the Pirate’s spot and the Club would expect more. Last January we were at Bavaro Princess and the girl that took care of the children’s activities (by her own) was amazing and always trying interesting things and activities. Hope I am not being unfair, but this was what we have experienced.
I cannot add much more to our previous review to this amazing complex... have tried many others hotels, namely GBP Esmeralda and Ambar (which are supposedly to be a notch higher, comparable maybe only to the Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium) but even comparing it with the “Palace” section I would say the Gran Palladium would win: equivalent food, better involvement/ambience/vibe an much better beach. So wide... 980 m. The Gran Bahia is so crowded... half the beach for the same size, more or less. The only thing the Bahia would win would be the rooms.. they are newer comparable to the rooms at the Palace section (Bavaro section has been all refurbished by now and the rooms look nice). The Palace rooms are not new but we were quite comfortable. Our Loft was wide and adequate... maybe in 1 or 2 years they will refurbish.
Would we return? Definitely. The only problem is that there are not many TourReps selling the hotel from out of Portugal.
Will be pleased to answer questions, if any.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana