My partner and I stayed at this resort the week of June 12-19, we had the loft suite which I totally recommend... It makes it a home away from home.
I really don't understand the negative reviews about this hotel - these people must be extremely picky.
We had an early morning flight so we arrived at the resort before check in time which is 3pm. We had our swimsuits ready in our carry on so when we arrived it was straight to the beach to wait for our room to be ready... which as promised was ready before the check in time :).
Loft Suite Room
We were placed in building 85 - close to the pool and lobby and very short trip to the beach... In fact any building at this resort is close to all amenities. The room has a beautiful two man jacuzzi tub with a stand up shower, pull out sofa, and upstairs a king bed. The only complaint would be, the pillows were too hard for my personal preference.
Bavaro Beach is stunning and always impresses, I have been to the Dominican 4 times and it keeps me coming back. The beach is clean, beautiful, and breathtaking. You can easily find yourself there for 8 hours as the time flies by.
I really don't understand how people can travel south to sit by the pool, so I really didn't spend much time there. The pool is nice, the swim up bar is very busy, and there are lots of kids and families that park there for the day.
Beware - you will be harrassed by the pool by people trying to sell you excursions, shirts, braids etc. I really don't understand why the hotel takes payment from these people to sell to the tourists, it can become annoying.
The buffet has a different theme every night, and if you like Sushi you will be happy for Asian night. You will also have your choice of 7 a la carte including a wonderful Tapenyaki restaurant, highly recommend.
There is always live music in the lobby in the evening and the shows are quite impressive and entertaining - I recommend the Michael Jackson show lol
I have done almost all of the excursions in the Dominican Republic but I tried a few new ones this time. I would recommend the Bavaro Runner if your looking to see the typical Dominican lifestyle which will show you coffee plantations, local schools, typical Dominican house where you will taste the best fruit you have ever had - this is really great for kids to experience.
I would also recommend the Zip line adventure for $80 US. You will have your choice to do the am or pm tour and its about 3 hours in length. If your a beginner this will be a wonderful experience, we had a blast.
I would also recommend the Tropical Storm tour for $80 US. This is a 3/4 day and is amazing from start to finish. You will board the Tropical Storm Catamaran and will be able to snorkel for 45 minutes, get close to a Ship Wreck on the coast of Bavaro and swim in the ocean where the Caribbean Sea meets the Atlantic, it is waste deep and super warm, and basically untouched by humans and no resorts in site... Oh did I mention the floating bar that will also be offered here as well...Breath taking.
DO NOT - buy excursions from vendors at the beach or at the pool, if the price is cheaper there is a reason and its most likely because they don't have insurance and you have no idea what your buying. Buy only from your tour rep where you can cancel or change with refund. I learned a huge lesson buying from vendors.... Never again.
Overall, it was an excellent vacation. There is lots for everyone at this resort, you will not be disappointed with your choice to stay here.
BTW there is free WIFI In the lobby, if you want to use the Internet there expect to pay $8 US per hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium BÃ¡varo Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana