ok simply put
4 star -
- food (buffet) lots of variety crepes were awesome and they had bacon for breakfast everyday but usually ran out by 9-930 and then it was deep fried quarted hotdogs after tht :) stirfry was great but long wait,
- pizza (snack bar) he really should make 2 pizzas at once though line ups were always long , if u slip him a few bucks he will make u what u want and u can have the whole pizza,
- shows were fun i would say 4 of the shows were really good , circus was awesome and magician was very good
-showers were good lots of pressure and hot water
3 star -
a la carte restaurants , you cannot get soup and appeztizer italian was good seafood was a 2 star and disgusting and found bugs in our bread unfortunatly they dont serve alcoholic drinks at dinner other than wine or beer (BUFFET)
-rooms ok they are not amazing , i would have preferred an upgraded room but they r further away from everything, so i think bldg 1 or 2 are good(older rooms but great location to amenities) but not 1st floor, also if u find mosquitos in ur room check ur patio door they seem to gap (we went with other people and they had it worse than us with the door)
beds , we had 2 twin beds pushed together and twin sheets etc it was weird as i went w my hubby and i would have liked some blankets and some days we had coke in fridge some days not , they told us once tht we needed to be with a specific tour group to get drinks in fridge...weird bc sometimes we would get it.
- drinks , i like slushy drinks , the bartenders need a blender badly and the "slushy machines" were never really slushy. :( and i prefer real coffee not machines but the machines werent terrible, my brother loved the mojios though.
it would sprinkle rain either first thing in the am or late evening which is welcomed bc it gets so hot and humid during the day, it would clear up quickly not like other destinations i have been too
tipping i dont think helps too much here i wish the maids would say hi more often , i dont think they expect it but we always tip, or bring gifts for the maid, i loved juan in the buffet restaurants he took care of us!
language barrier is huge here lots of europeans here and english seems to be 3rd or 4th in the list of importance but it doesnt bother me.
shopping haggle on the beach! mall was not worth it to me 40 bucks for taxi lots of highend shops not what i was looking for,bavaro plaza is all little shops more my thing has an internet cafe there as well
we booked an excursion with julio very nice guy, buggys it was fun u can haggle with him as well we paid 55 per person for 4 people you will probably get dirty on this excursion
if u want to parasail walk down the beach and ask for prices u will get amazing deals we could have done 4 people for 90 bucks total.
we also checked out both tower casinos (free shuttle to the big one) it was okay
all in all a good vacation made better by the people we were with :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The VIK Hotel Arena Blanca is placed overlooking the incomparable beach of Bávaro, just 30 minutes away from the International Airport of Punta Cana. This hotel in Punta Cana was renovated in 2006 to be able to offer a wide variety of environments: ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your VIK Hotel Arena Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vik Hotel Punta Cana
- Lti Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Lti Punta Cana
- Lti Resort Punta Cana
- Lti Beach Punta Cana