“June 14 to 21 , 2014” 3 of 5 stars
Review of VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

Save Saved
You added VIK Hotel Arena Blanca to your Saves list
VIK Hotel Arena Blanca
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   White Sand, carretera Arena Gorda | Bávaro, Punta Cana 290217, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #72 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“June 14 to 21 , 2014”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Small resort and it is ok for the money
Food was good iam not overly fussy and my kids ate most things
Fair variety
Beach is beautiful and lots of sand for playing. Clean and shallow
Rooms are just ok. A/c doesnt work very well if at all and can be hot and muggy.
Needs alot of updating but as i said for the money ok

Room Tip: Stick to buildinds 4 or 5
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1,878 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Polish first
West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My friends and I were at the VIK Arena Blanca 8/ 9 thru 8/15 First the hotel is in need of a lot of repairs and If it were not for the Staff, beach and pool this would have not been a vacation that we could have enjoyed. Positive first: Martirez at the front desk was fantastic. He worked and made sure we were satisfied with our rooms.Gremil, Maria, Angela dining room one were the best. They work very hard and need to be commended on their fine customer service.
Aliicia Building 5 room 5204 in housekeeping was excellent she made sure that we had all the thing in our room early so that we could enjoy our time and not wait for towels ect. Beach was great except for all the seaweed and there were allways enough chairs and umbrellas for everyone. NOW FOR THE NEGATIVE : First the people who sell these trips mainly Apple Vacations need to do there homework because we sure did. There was NO AIR CONDITIONING . All of the rooms had major issues with them not working properly and the resturants did not have air either. There were reviews of the hotel having bugs and we took our own pillow covers and matress covers as well as spray for bed bugs so that we would not have any issues. Would you know it the were fumigating our room on the third day of our trip and we needed to be out of your room by 9:00 a.m Food was not the best but you could allways find something that would fill the void. Grilled chicken and chicken wings for breakfast . NO ICE unless you asked for it and it was like getting diamonds form the sea. Fridge in your room was a joke don"t expect anything to get cold. Drinks in small old plastic cups that needed to be thrown away ( Bring your own cup) Entertainment was not the best but they work hard and really try to make the guest interact with them. As for this hotel I would not stay there again. But for the value you get what you pay for. I need to let all who go there don"t expect the top of the line like I said this hotel needs to be remodled and updated desperately. If you like the beach and pool, don"t care about food and just want to relax this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an upgraded room Building 4 Beach Front Building 5 Try to get room on first floo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I'm writing this because I don't want people to get sick for being over heated due to lack of AC in your room and any where else at this resort. I live in Florida and travel a lot and can handle many things and can over look many things but this place is a low end resort for the money you pay go some were else. This place has no service period it's self service only which is a problem. If you get up from your table to go to the bathroom every thing on your table is gone when you get back and your set most of the time. I couldn't even get another cup of coffee which is only a few feet away or my glass of water or ashtray with cigarette was gone. Many people were complaining about the same things like no AC no service etc or enough tables for people to set in some area's. Everything here is in the open air all the food places which is not good bugs in your food and sweating to death trying to eat unreal. There is no place to cool down there unless you go in to one of the gifted shops which I don't think there going to let you hang out there. The rooms are very old but clean I will say that. The TV was small, old and didn't work to well the king bed was two twin beds put together. There is no AC in the lobby either it is open air also. There are no coffee pots in the rooms which is bad because it rains there and you can't go to lobby and get coffee until late in the morning which is crazy. Some rooms have keys to get in others have key cards which control the AC and power if your not in the room all power goes off or the maid will turn it off and the things in your room will melt and I'm not joking. It is over 90 degrees when you come back to your room unless you have a key card and take it off the key chain and leave it in the slot in your room you will die there. I felt so sorry for a couple who had no AC for three days and they never help them and the husband was in a wheel chair unreal. I had a key to my room but found that there was a large switch by the door when you came in that controls the power in my room which the maid would switch off when I left. Thank god I found that switch and turned it back on I thought I was going to die from the heat in my room. There is not much I can say about this resort the food looked good but tasted bad with fruit flies on it or in it. I ate off the resort most of the time which was good. They do have good bread which was made fresh every day and good hamburgers, pizza and French fries by the pool beach area. I didn't go there to eat that stuff but it was the only thing that was really good an had covers over it. Lots of families stay here because kids are free and mean lots of kids. If you want peace and quite away from kids this is not the place. The entertain me is for kids not adults what little they do have at night. What they call a bar is not a bar they are little stands where you go to get a drink no joke. It has a beautiful beach but that's all I can say for this place. Wish I could of rated this higher but I can't it was the worse place I have ever stayed in. I don't stay in many five stars but this is not even a three star in my eyes for the money you pay to stay here like I said you can get so much better for the same price if your a couple or solo and be happy there. I did get sick my first few days there not sure if it was the ice or drink machines. If you have already booked this hotel make sure you take COFFEE POT AND LARGE COFFEE MUG or you will regret it. There is no wifi in your rooms there and you pay $20.00 a week for wifi that you can only use in the hot lobby with no AC. I was lucky my room was close to the lobby and the wifi worked in my room. The wifi can be very slow there when everyone is on it at the same time. There is a computer room with AC by the gift shops you pay $20.00 a week to use that. I paid $20.00 for the computer room and found the same code worked on my cell phone. Don't depend on them for a wake up call because it may never come and I'm not joking and there are no clocks in the rooms.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband and I stayed for 8 days/ 7 nights at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca in building 4 room 4014. We did travel with 2 other family members who stay in building 3, rooms 3005 & 3009. We stay from Sunday, August 3rd to Sunday, August 10th, 2014. Be very careful with the shower floor. The shower in my room 4014 doesn't have a grab bar to hold on and my husband slept in the bathroom shower cracked his back head that required 5 stitches in our 1st night at this resort. I requested the nurse and doctor to come to our room to see my husband head. 4 people showed up. One of the guy took pictures of the shower floor with bloody towels that I used to put pressure on my husband head to stop the bleeding. We had to pay for the medical care $862.50 dollars then on top of that I paid the nurse $15.00 dollars to have my husband stitches removed a day before leaving the resort. Why do we had to pay for the medical bill when the bathroom floor shower is dangerous? I am so disappointed because the shower floor should have grip protection for people not to fall or slip while using shampoo, conditioner or soap.
I requested extra towels from the maid everyday because I placed towels inside the shower floor and outside the shower floor for the remaining of our vacation. I told my other family members to use towels inside the shower floor too. I never left my husband alone in the shower after that accident while staying at this resort for the remaining of our vacation. We traveled every year and never had experience such a dangerous bathroom shower floor.
We will never visit again VIK Hotel Arena Blanca until they fix their bathroom floor shower.
I have talk to several friends back in Long Island, New York who have suggested to sue this resort for my husband accident and the trauma I went through.
I hope that VIK Hotel Arena Blanca read this comment on trip advisor. For everyone visiting this resort be aware of the bathroom shower floor.

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

we are going back in a month to vik arena blanca .our 2013 vacation was a excellent experience,starting with the reception,where we were treated with respect and fast ,mr.Martirez was taking care of us and he was excellent.
we got a nice,clean room,and everything else was very nice too.the beach has a flour kind of sand very very fine,food was super,so were the drinks and the room service too.
we are coming back this time for 2 weeks,and we cant wait to be there!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Marlboro, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

If you have ever been to another resort in the Caribbean and expect a similar experience, do not go to this resort. However, go to this resort if you meet all of the following criteria:

1. You speak fluent French or Spanish. Staff generally do not understand any English
2. You enjoy biting insects in your bed and crawling bugs in your bathroom
3. You prefer huge stains on your bathtub, dirt on your walls and curtains, and holes in your ceiling
4. You want your mattress to be as hard as wood
5. In a restaurant, you like to wait for 40 minutes for a waiter to come over to you and then another 45 minutes for an appetizer and an hour more for an entree
6. You like it when you stomach is upset
7. You want guest services (Naomi) to be annoyed by any question you ask and never helpful
8. You want to come to evening entertainment at least an hour in advance to get any seat
9. You want your hotel territory to be as big as your back yard
10. You want your kids to fall and hurt themselves because there are very few lights around the buildings in the evening
11. You want to be stopped each time you want to walk along the beach because VIK Arena Blanca guests are not allowed on VIK Cayena Beach territory, and the VIK Arena Blanca beach is small and overcrowded
12. You want birds and cats to eat from your plates in an open buffet while personnel does not care
13. You like being attacked by tour agents who attack guests trying to sell them the tour from no-name operators and who make you really uncomfortable if you don't buy
14. You like getting up super early to get a place either on the beach or near the only pool because all seats are already taken
15. You enjoy waiting for 40 minutes to check in upon arrival with only two families ahead of you

and this list could go on and on...

If you like all of that, then this is a resort for you!

If you do not, stay as far from this resort as you possibly can. Do not let them ruin your vacation - you worked too hard to earn it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was our first time in Dominican republic and it was AMAZING!
By the time we arrived the hotel was full so they sent us to the other hotel not far away (Princess) for one day. The next day we were back around 2 p.m, had lunch there and at 3.pm our room was ready as promised. The hotel and its territory is nice and clean. We stayed in the building nr 4 and had free wifi in the room from another hotel. Our room was clean and renovated. We had no problems with AC. The beach is absolutely amazing! The staff is friendly although some don't really speak English. The food and drinks are good. We didn't go to the a la carte restaurants though. Animation was great, there are many daily activities and every night at 9.30 there is a show. However after the animation show there is not much to do in the hotel and the club is empty.

All in all we didn't have any problems and loved everything about our trip so we would definitely go back :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to VIK Hotel Arena Blanca? Share your experiences!