“Brits... hmmm they dont matter !!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

You added VIK Hotel Arena Blanca to your Saves list
VIK Hotel Arena Blanca
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   White Sand, carretera Arena Gorda | Bávaro, Punta Cana 290217, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #74 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brits... hmmm they dont matter !!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

1st time visit to this hotel, they were more than helpful on check in with our group mum being on a walking stick we were placed on ground floor near lobby, pool, food halls .. how ever Lookea have a big part in the hotel and its all about the French hmmmmm they cant dance and there shows were poor .... The Dominican animation team are getting there noses pushed out they are the best (keep up the good work Darlyn,Luis,Antonio.Manni,El cidro, and more of you ....Food was ok no fizzy drinks in fridge in room as advertised when I booked just water.... the service in restaurant was poor the tables were either full of dirty plates or not laid... the room was ok pillows lumpy tv was run on gas I think lol not a good picture .... MOSQUITO"S are rife I had a medical bill of £450 ... Met some fantastic people from Sheffield,Bolton. Leeds all in all was ok

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visited this resort 2 years ago had fab time so decided to go back 13 th may till 27 th may.2013.just feel I have to say it was not the same atmosphere as half the hotel has been taken over by a French group .although the French holiday makers were very friendly we found the representatives of club lookea verged on being rude by not acknowledging any person not wearing a yellow wrist band.the Dominican boys and girls still as charming as ever and have they got rhythm !,the staff are very helpful and food pretty good.you can always find something to eat.the beach is excellent well kept as are the grounds of the complex.rooms very clean but could do with a bit of updating.eg.shower head would not hold position when turned on little things but mean you have to improvise so water not all over the wall instead of you .please take plenty of sun tan cream as its very expensive over there and don't forget the Mossie spray.you will need it .

Room Tip: Bock 2 near all amenities but can be noisy till 11pm ish block 5 nearer beach sea views on some quie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my third stay at the Vik Arena Blanca. It is located on a beautiful beach. If you are going for a beach vacation and want easy access to food, drink, beach, you will like it. It is not a luxury property, but it has a lot of advantages. The biggest plus is the size. It is not a mega-resort, so you are never far from anything. Building 5 is the closest to the beach, but the others are not far either. The restaurants, lobby, beach, pool, and bars are all close. Sitting on the beach, there are two bars available to get drinks, lines are never long. Food is available all afternoon in the beach/pool area. Ala carte restaurants do not require reservations. There are plenty of beach chairs. The hotel has a few shops and there is a flea market down the beach if you want to shop. The staff is very friendly and go out of their way to be pleasant and helpful from the gardeners and maids to the managers.
The best recommendation I can offer is the number of repeat visitors. During my week. I recognized at least a dozen people who were there the same time as me last year and spoke to many more who had been there before.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
nb canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very good place to stay good food eclelent restaurent a la carte, everything is close to you 1 min walk to the market ,beautiful beach ,nothing to say ....
i will go back there.
I switch hotel to finish my vacation and this place to compare to CARABELA hotel where we got rip off and money stollen in our room. these guys here Know how to run a resort....Bravo

One turn off is the FENCH group from France who are anoing and very not nice to other poeple i`m french my self and you guys make me sick.Leave the entertament to the local you got no buisness sticking your nose in there.

Room Tip: Go there you not gone a regret.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband & I traveled together for one week at this hotel. We are pretty easy to please & found this through Apple Vacations. We got a deal and headed to Dominican Republic again despite not really liking D.R. (Puerto Plata) the last time we went. We went to Puerto Plata the first time and this time went to Punta Cana instead.

The Arrival: when you first arrive in d.r. their is a band hoping to receive some money for playing for you as you arrive & go through customs. D.R. is very hard up for money. This is just the type of country it is so expect it. One of the band members was playing & kicking the basket for money directly in front of you as you walked by exiting customs on the way to your van for your hotel.

The Hotel Room: We stayed in Room:4109. We booked a standard room which was automatically upgraded by Apple to a deluxe garden view room with a king size bed. We tried to upgrade to an ocean view if their were any available but the staff said their were no ocean view rooms available.
Pro's of the room: the garden view was nice! It was better than our view at home in NJ! It came with a nice flat screen & a small couch as well. The balcony had a nice view of the pool. The room was kept very clean, the bed was always made & their were plenty of fresh towels. Our room had a rain shower which was really enjoyable.
Con's of the room: If I want to be picky, I would share that their was no shampoo, full length mirror, alarm clock or iron in our room. We got an iron eventually cause we asked. The only existing mirror is in the bathroom. Their isn't a bureau to house your clothes only these pantry-like closets next to the bathroom. The other furniture looks very outdated & dusty. The worse part of the room was the smell of mildew/mold when we first entered. One morning they told us their would be a scheduled fumigating if it was okay with us, which I thought was kind of odd but thought might be really helpful to us later. I never saw any bugs in our room-Thnk God!

Food: the food was awesome considering it was all-inclusive. We had western egg omlettes every morning, but their were tons of choices (always fresh bread, corn muffins, oatmeal, cold cereals, bacon/sausage, waffles/pancakes/French toast. We were blown away by the quality & variety. At lunch time-theirs always hamburgers, French fries, & a couple of days we had seafood combo over Spanish rice on the beach! That was amazing! Dinner was a choice of the Italian restaurant (get the steamed salmon) or the Mexican restaurant (not my fav)-the fajitas were okay or you can go to the buffet again.

Excursions: We booked with Johan (boisterous guy on the beach). He is very friendly & respectful. We drove speed boats & snorkeled with him and we also booked the all day safari-which I loved! The safari was with Leo & Martin & included zip lining, horseback riding, swimming on Macaou Island, visiting the school, walking around town & into the market(we got great video) & also visiting an ordinary Dominican home on the mountain. Here we also bought some cinnamon sticks, and chocolate cocoa.

Recommendations: Carry some American Imodium just in case, stay away from the mean girls at the gift shop, bring some lip balm SPF 45 as well as good sunscreen (d.r.'s sun is brutal), join in the Club Lookea's activities (even though their mostly in French, you'll get the hang of it). It's fun!
The drinks are watered down so be prepared. Try Mama Juana-from the Mama Juana Store-it's yummy, he makes it homemade (but get it from David from the shop guy down the beach). If your buying cigars, buy from David. A set of Cohibas-get David to crack them open for you & pay no more than $45.00 even though they try and charge you more.

Feel free to contact me with any questions-I will be happy to respond :) Happy Vacationing!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view a couple of weeks in advance of arriving. The A/C worked well but their was a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lehigh Acres, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Week of May 8 to May 12, 2013..I had read so many reviews about the hotel. Be aware there are two in Arena Blanca and other is Cayena. Cayena is an older hotel where I believe the most of the complaints are for, the other is remodeled. My husband and I stayed in Bld 3 remodeled and very convienant to everything there. Check in was a breeze and so was check out. We never had a problem compared to the reviews that I had read prior to my trip. The Staff is Awesome!!!. Shout out to Felix and Anthony. Room was great, Bottle of Champagne waiting for us. Everywhere we went we felt like we were amongst friends. The food is very good, different variety everyday. The staff always made sure we had drinks in our hand. I must say that Felix the bartender on the beach is awesome. Very attentive and drinks was great.Many people returning there always ask for Felix. I must say hello to our friend Anthony in Entertainment he is just a great guy all around. He made us laugh we had such an awesome time hanging out with him. It's a great and friendly place, I would definitely return there. Many thanks to our Apple Representative. See you guys soon.

Room Tip: Must stay in Building 3
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

- Hotel has a french 'club/group' so be aware that the resort is basically french and spanish only
- The resort is small which was perfect for our first time - Everything is a 2 minute walk (including the beach)
- The restaurants were good. Fajitas were unreal. Breakfast was AMAZING every single day.
- Employees were so friendly. We made friends with all of them as they were close to our age!
- As two young pretty girls ... we got heckled by men/boys the whole time. Nothing crazy but be aware.
- The biggest CON was that people are constantly annoying you on the beach/resort for you to buy their cheaper excursions!!!! You learn to just say "no gracias" but some times they are very persistent. Just don't pay much attention.
- Rooms were great. Nice and clean everyday. No issues what so ever. We stayed in "3" and it seemed to be newly renovated.
- Didn't get sick before, during, or after the trip.
- The water is from bottles/jugs when they put it in your drink or if you get it at the beach. The citizens dont and cannot even drink the water.
- There were shows every night. They were good (mainly because our new friends were the stars of them!!!). The dancing and music was fun.
- There was a bar/disco every night. It was fun but not a lot of people went (I guess there were a lot of families/children/older people than we expected there to be).
- The travel to and from the airport was fine. BUT we almost missed our shuttle bus to come home because we were told a certain time that was wrong by our rep. I HIGHLY suggest checking this time the day before or the day of leaving. Super important.
- We went on the catamaran ride. Drinks but hardly any food. Snorkling + sharks + sting rays! Well worth it.
- Overall an awesome trip. I thought the resort was great. No complaints!

Room Tip: Get a newly renovated room. Top floor. We stayed in 3.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to VIK Hotel Arena Blanca? Share your experiences!