“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

Save Saved
You added VIK Hotel Arena Blanca to your Saves list
VIK Hotel Arena Blanca
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   White Sand, carretera Arena Gorda | Bávaro, Punta Cana 290217, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #71 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

please do not belive the bad reveiws i was a bit worried before i went because i did belive them ,but thank god i booked before i read the reveiws,
because we had a great time. To the people that slate the hotel all i can say is
Who the hell you think you are, a royalty!! The hotel has been brilliant during our 2 weeks stay. The service was good, food was lovely and if you go to a la carte resaurant, you must wear trouser and no flip flop! Swimming pool is fantastic! Great entertainment everyday and night, meet a lot of great people , Lovely beach right by the hotel with sunloungers. The only downside about the hotel is they do not play football so my football mad son was put out, and there are no smoking areas, smokers can smoke everywhere so is a bit unfair for non smokers they are the only 2 things that would stop me from going back to this hotel, because other then them 2 things everything eles was great, The people, waiters/ waitress doing a fantastic job, if you tip them, they'll look after you!but if you do not tip they still look after you, all Dominican locals alway smiling and happy and dancing, because they are happy you have choose their destination and always willing to help you with any problem, so don't be afraid to ask. For those who moans about the hotel need to grow up and get a life, I'll recomended this hotel and would definately go back again! Well done staff at the VIK that kept all of us during our stay a very enjoyable and safe holiday!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
VHAB, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear client,

Firstly, we want to thank you for having preferred our Vik hotel Arena Blanca for the enjoyment of your holidays!

Also, we appreciate the time that you took to write this review about our resort. Thank you for recognize as well the work of our employees, we are glad to see that the work of our staff is appreciated, we are always happy to work with our guests striving for excellences services satisfying all our guests’ needs, this is our main target.

Best wishes,

VIK hotel Arena Blanca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
Mount Forest, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

i just returned from the vik arena blanca after a 7 day stay here. our airline west jet moved us to this resort after our first resort shut their pool down. where to begin.....

Check in was quick and pedro at the front desk was helpful. our room wasn't ready yet so we were given towel cards to go to the pool well we waited for our room. we returned to lobby around 3 and were taken to our room in block 5.. the room was so outdated and the smell of mold and sewage was un bearable. we returned to the lobby requesting another room that didn't smell. we were told that if we didn't want a smelly room we would have to pay extra. after being shown 7 different rooms in blocks 2 and 5, we called our west jet rep to see what she could do for us considering we didn't choose to stay here. we were then taken to block 4 which is all updated, completely renovated rooms. so after over 2 hours we were finally in a decent room.

Food- was terrible. the buffet was the same everyday, and the same at every meal. they used hot dogs in every thing. leftover breakfast was served for lunch, leftover lunch for dinner. the pizza at the grill by the pool was a hit and miss, some days it was good others not at all. the italian restaurant was ok. service good, food not so great.

Animation Team- was a joke. the girls would sit and do each others hair in their little hut, the guys would sit on the computer, wouldn't want to do any activities as they were to hung over and didn't feel well. they made no effort to try and get involved with anyone or keep anyone entertained except for the lady who was always with the kids club. she did a great job with the kids and they always looked to be having a good time. the shows at night were the exact same every night which consisted of them dancing to the same songs doing the same dance. the guy on the microphone just enjoyed hearing himself talk and i couldn't understand what he was saying. they did bring in latin dancers one night which was ok but even they didn't seem very professional.

Pool- was nice, lots of chairs always but it was low season. some issues with the towels, some days they didn't have any until noon.

Cleanliness of the entire resort wasn't very good. i don't think the washrooms were ever cleaned as for days there was human feces on the floor. puke all over the stalls. there was also some construction well we were there with the lobby roof and they are building something by the a la carte restaurants.

Shopping- there is a couple of gift shops on the resort which do have some nice things but better shopping down the beach. the locals aren't pushy. you just have to be firm with a price you want to pay. they are easy to get along with.

Beach- was the best thing this resort had going for it. absolutely beautiful.

Bars- lots of bars thru out the resort. service was good for the most part. there was one very rude bartender and i couldn't make out his name on his name tag. if i seen him working at a bar i would walk to the other end of the resort just to avoid him as i didn't want to be yelled at or told what to do. Johnny at the beach bar was awesome, and the 2 pedros who worked at the beach bar and the disco. i found the drinks watered down at the beach bar but the lobby bar and calypso bars the alcohol was stronger.

Internet- there is no wifi at this resort at all. how can you not offer wifi even just in the lobby.. internet was expensive. 4 dollars for an hour and they told us the price was going up for next month. you had to get a code and password and sit in the internet cafe.

Spa- was very nice, had a 30 min massage for 30 dollars. walked through the gym and the equipment seemed dated.

Overall i would not recommend this resort to anyone. i wouldn't even suggest paying extra for a non smelly room in block 4. if you want a nice beach there is tons of resorts along the bavaro beach that would be alot better then this place with better food and better service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We want to thank you for selecting our Vik hotel Arena Blanca to pass your vacations and for sharing with us on this site your vacation experience in our hotel.

In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guest’s opinion. Please accept our apologies for the experience during your visit and any inconveniences that this may have caused. Thank you so much for bringing these things to our attention so that we can continually improve our service.

London,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My partner and myself have spent a very relaxing 2 weeks in this hotel at the end of September.
We booked through thomas Cook, had a great flight, quick tranfer.
The overall experience is very good, however, I have to say, our room was very dated, and wasnt cleaned properly, but thats about all the bad things I can say.
The beach is the most beautiful one in Punta Cana, very clean, no locals or stray dogs (someone here complained about them, but I havent seen any).
The main restaurant is very good, lovely food, we went to the Italian a la carte as well, and loved it there too.
This trip was our 5th time to Punta Cana, we have been in better hotels, but this one is very good value for money, dont expect it to be like an Iberostar.
Small hotel with a bit filthy swimming pool, but the best hotel beach ever!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear client,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your time to leave a review about our hotel. We are always happy to know the opinion of our clients because it is the way for us to develop and grow. We will be more than glad to welcome you again.

Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

MY WIFE. 4YR OLD SON AND I SPENT 8 NIGHTS A T THE END OF JULY HERE. We are fairly easy to please and this Hotel met our expectations. The buffet is where we ate most of our meals as it is easier with a 4 yr old. The buffet food was better than I expected as I figured it would be Cruise ship level or so, but it was much better than cruise lines and had more choices than we expected.
The room was just so so because it had a musty smell and was very humid in it all the time. The AC could not keep it as cool as I would have liked. The pools and grounds were nice but they could use better daily cleaning. We would definitely stay there again as I think it was a good value for the price we paid

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
VHAB, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear guest,

First, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Vik hotel Arena Blanca for your vacations, as well for letting us know about your recent visit.

Thank you very much for writing your kind opinion on this site and we hope see you soon in Vik hotel Arena Blanca!

Buchanan, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Went for a week in October. My husband and i enjoyed ourselves! We met the nicest couple from UK named Roger and Dawn. We enjoyed our evenings talking with them during the evening entertainment. There was a variety of food. We ate at the buffet every night. There pizza for lunch was great. As for the drinks i read they water them down. I do not agree. I had to ask for less alcohol in my drinks. I am sure it wasn't top shelf but they wasn't stingy with it. Our room wasn't too bad. I asked for building 5 and that is what they gave me. They however gave us twin beds and since it was a couple get a way i would have preferred a king. I did read reviews before i went and was worried but we had fun! They were working on the resort the whole time we were there. Adding on to buildings, painting buildings, cleaning the grounds, you name it they were doing it. If you walk down the beach a ways we found a little flea market and saved alot of money.

Room Tip: Ask for building 4 or 5.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear client,

for having preferred our Vik hotel Arena Blanca for the enjoyment of your last vacations. Also, for writing your kind opinion on trip advisor.

Thank you again for spending your time writing this comments, and we hope see you soon in Vik hotel Arena Blanca!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I travelled to the Vik for two weeks with Thomas Cook. Check in was very smooth and quick, although no welcome drink was offered. My room as was as requested in block 5 with a sea and pool view, it was not one of the upgraded rooms, basic but spotlessly clean. In my two weeks there I didn't spot one bug, which I normally would have expected given the tropical climate.

There was plenty of choice in the restaurants, the chef stations were excellent, the food was freshly prepared and cooked. I can highly recommend the Italian restaurant, food and service were both very good.

I watched a couple of shows, which were very professional. The grounds were immaculate and I didn't have a problem with the drinks, they were not weak to me; if you want two shots you just need to ask them.

In hindsight, this is not an ideal hotel for singles, which is my fault, as I should have checked the reviews more closely before booking, There are a lot of different nationalities at the Vik, so unless you a multiligual, the opportunities for socialising are limited. The beach was fabulous and I ended up having a very relaxing holiday, but found myself in bed about 10 most nights, as it is definitely not the place for party animals. Overall, I had a nice holiday and was pleasantly surprised by the hotel, given some of more horrrendous reviews on here.

Room Tip: Block 5 is closest to the beach, block 4 has renovated rooms with a pool view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us on this site your positive opinion about our Vik hotel Arena Blanca. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your holidays with us and we hope you visit again our Vik hotel Arena Blanca!

Once again, thank you for your comments!

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been to this hotel in June and again in September 2012.
I went alone both times, one of the rare hotels that don't charge an extra fee at the low season.
I found the staff very nice and friendly, the waiters and waitresses were very nice and appreciate tips, not too many people seem to tip, even a dollar here and there is good, they work hard. Personally, I loved the wide selection of food, I think there is something for everyone. They even have fresh made smoothies every morning, seasonal fruits, yogurt, the pancakes are not hard as rock like in most places, you can have your eggs, omelet,etc...oatmeal, hot chocolate, they even have a diet section. At night you can have fresh pasta, they even have a Chinese food section for people that like stir fried food. I enjoy the island food, beans and rice, chicken and fish cooked in different ways, platen, yucca, sweet potato......they always had cucumber and very green salad, different veggies.

I love latte's but don't like the coffees that came out of the machines at the bars or the lovely lobby(nice place to hang out for a drink at any time ) BUT ! I actually really enjoyed the regular coffee here ! You can put hot milk in to to turn it into a latte'. I have to say, most people seem to be ok with that coffee machines but I am picky with that. lol

I really am confused about some of the terrible comments on here, I wonder if we were in the same hotel lol even the grounds are beautiful and EVERY DAY there were people working on repairs and with the trees and flowers.

Thank you to everyone and the animation team for keeping me busy with dance lessons and games etc... never felt alone, met some very nice people ! I would recommend this hotel for sure.

The only thing I was disappointing with was the disco, it looked ok, but they need to find a way to get people to go in and want to stay, maybe start the night with some dance lessons or get a few of the animators to get people started. It could be fun.

The resort is easy to get around, not too big. The animation team is also very nice and have many activities and sports going on all day if you like. The shows in the evening are also quite good, sometimes dance, audience participation, the magician is very good ! ......
The beach is STUNNING !! Love it ! You can go for VERY long walks on both sides. To the left you also have a flea market but you have to bargain down , they up the price 50 to 70%
I had a nice room both times, the first time I paid for an upgrade in block 4 very nice ! But even the room I had in block 3 was also nice, maybe not as modern looking, but nice. I had hot water and air-conditioning and the rooms were clean and quiet.

Enjoy !

Cindy from Montreal, Canada

Room Tip: If you are picky and want a more modern look to your room, pay a little more and stay in block 4.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mrs. Cindy,

We are so happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your positives comments.

Thanks as well for recognizing the work of our employees; thanks to employees like them we are able to accomplish our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests.

Thank you again for spending your time writing this comments, and we hope see you soon in your home Vik hotel Arena Blanca!

Kind regards,

VIK hotel Arena Blanca

Been to VIK Hotel Arena Blanca? Share your experiences!