“Beautiful beach!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

You added VIK Hotel Arena Blanca to your Saves list
VIK Hotel Arena Blanca
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   White Sand, carretera Arena Gorda | Bávaro, Punta Cana 290217, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #73 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Minnesota
“Beautiful beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This was my second visit to the VIK Arena Blanca. I appreciated being able to go again this year and be familiar with the layout, etc. The beach is beautiful. The resort is smaller than some of the all-inclusives in Punta Cana. I felt this was an advantage. I was in building 5. My room was close to the beach and close to the beach bar and food area. Once again I was impressed with how easy it was to get food and drink and to just relax on the beach. There were plenty of chairs available. I thought the food selections were plenty, both at the beach area and the restaurants. The only downside this year were the biting sand fleas or whatever they were - extremely itchy bites and I had neglected to bring repellant. Other than that - a wonderful place to spend a week, if you are content to sit on a beach, walk a few steps to get a drink or a bite to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
VHAB, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear guest,

We really appreciate your positive opinion about our hotel and we will be very proud to welcome you one more time in our Vik hotel Arena Blanca!

Also, we appreciate the time that you took to write this review about our resort, we are so happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us! This review inspired us to work every day harder, doing our best to satisfying our entire guests that are visiting us each year. Once again, thank you for your comments!

VIK hotel Arena Blanca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Lima
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I was there for 7 days on April 2011. The hotel is a little bit old, but nice. It is very big! The people are very nice and friendly, they are always smiling and making the best effort to make you smile. The food was nice and has a good variety. Regretfull the drinks were not so good, only if you asked for a Cuba Libre (ron wih coke) but everything else could be better. The beach is beatiful, but a little bit windy, maybe April is not the right time to go to Punta Cana.
I had a very good time!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear customer,

We are very happy to hear that you liked our resort; really, it pleased us to know this!

We appreciate your positive comment about our beach, food also about our staff; we love to do our best to satisfying all our guests’ needs, making their unforgettable stay in our hotel! This is our main target.

We look forward to seeing you here in the near future.

Sidmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

.We went there on May the 1st for 2 weeks. Arrived at last after a long 3 hour flight delay from Gatwick. First impression after dropping off guests at other hotels, was 'Oh my God where the Hell's the sea?' But after signing in and taken to our room, we were pleasantly surprised.
Everything looked much better in the morning after a good nights sleep. The staff were pleasant & helpful at all times. Smiles were in abundance and after reading some negative reports to the contrary, I can honestly say ...You get back what you put in...!! A please & thank you goes a long way. Something sadly lacking from a few fussy guests. We opted for Buffet Restaurant No 2 in the mornings as we were served and brilliantly looked after by a waiter called Juan..and the evening meals were taken in No3 restaurant where we we equally well looked after by a young lady called 'Angela'....We were told that there were 3 other A la carte restaurants that could be used as often as we liked, but were disappointed to find these were unavailable whilst we were there. The beach was good with plenty of sun beds and shelters & the beach bar was manned by friendly & efficient staff. Lots to eat and drink everywhere & with masses of choice. The Thomas Cook Rep was only available between 11.30 & 12 pm twice a week, which was worrying, but thankfully we didn't need to see her. In all we had a super holiday and would have no hesitation in returning.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room in block 3 (2029) which was quiet, away from the evening entertainment, b...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear customer,

We are glad to hear that you liked our hotel and enjoyed our services also the facilities.

We will be really happy to welcome you once again in our Vik hotel Arena Blanca! We appreciate your positive opinion about our hotel.

st.helens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Me and my boyfriend went there last sept. We got a fantastic bargain on the holiday. I didn't know what to expect as the reviews vary quite a bit. But i can definitely recommend it. The place is very clean with maintenance/gardener's busy all day and they are quite happy to scale a palm tree for a fresh coconut for you all's i say is that i tipped them $1 for it. If you prefer your fresh coconut alcoholic then just ask the bar staff to blend the milk with rum and pour back into the coconut for a yummy pina colada. The rooms are cleaned daily with fresh bedding everyday and if your lucky ladies a fresh picked flower is left for you. The food was scrummy and i'm a fussy eater. The snack bar that served fresh made pizza was gorgeous and i spent all my holiday enjoying this. Staff are very friendly and a small tip goes a long way. The first night in the restaurant i tipped the waiter $2 and all through our holiday he would go out of his way to serve us and of course i tipped him more but just $1 every few drinks. You have got to remember these people work extremely long days from first services to well after 11pm and dont get paid that much so they really do rely on tips. Entertainment is a bit repetitive but still watchable. You do get mithered from the staff who are on sight selling excursion etc but a firm "No Thank you" will work but be prepared to do it the next day lol. They are not aggrssive sellers and we became friends with some who would greet you every morning with a high five :) Beach is stunning and goes on for miles and miles and there is also a beach market if you walk down the beach left. Weather was amazing for the whole time we were there and i would recommend you take a high factor sun screen as im olive skinned and still burnt my face with a factor 25. I would advise you take all holiday money in dollars as we took some peso but everything is priced and sold in dollars. and you dont get the best rate when they exchange. We went to manati park which was a nice break from the hotel, but i wouldn't recommend swimming with dolphins here as they are in such a small pool and there can be quite a lot of people in the pool too i would say the people who were with the dolphins got a max 5-10 mins with them which in my eyes was just not worth it. There are other excursion where you can swim with dolphins and i would recommend you find one of these. I'm a person that likes to try new places when i go on holiday but my fella is trying to persuade me to go here again next year and i got to say im just about to book it :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear customer,

First, we want to thank you for having preferred our Vik hotel Arena Blanca! Also for sharing with us your vacation experience.

We are really grateful for your positive opinion about our hotel and we will be very happy to give you a warm welcome for one more time here, in your Vik hotel Arena Blanca! We want you know that it pleased us to know that you really enjoyed your holidays with us.

Northridge, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My son (15 age) and I took a 1 week vacation in April 2012, and I was not too pleased with the place however, overall it was a DECENT stay. I must say I do agree with this phrase " you get what you pay for". As this is not a 5 star hotel, nor were we expecting it to be, but improvements can be made as this trip was not that cheap coming from California. If you are a picky person looking for a luxury resort this is NOT the place for you. If your standards are not to high and you allow yourself to have a great time you will enjoy your vacation stay. With that said next time I will invest a little more for a nicer resort.

The staff was amazing, specially the "animacion team", as they are in charge of all the activities and evening shows. This group of young adults are wonderful and make you feel welcomed. Our room was not anything special, as we were suppose to have a king size bed, we came to find out it was made out of 2 twin size beds put together. We didn't mind it as we are son and mother and only used the room to sleep in. As far as the food goes, we honestly did not like the food, but we did manage to make the best out of it and found something to eat. From speaking to other tourist I found they felt the same way about the food. If you are looking for a resort with a swim up bar this is not the place. The resort has plenty of bars if you plan on drinking. Yes, its not top of the line alcohol but you can always find something that will appeal to you. I encourage you to bring your own cup like a coffee cup or a big reusable cup, this will save you trips to the bar.

We took several tours including the Santo Domingo city tour, which included Los Tres Ojos National City Park. I found it very interesting with amazing history. We did some shopping while on the tours, but I felt at times that the hotel offered competitive prices and the condition of the items are in nicer condition. I recommend if you will be doing shopping while on a guided tour to first check out your hotel prices and condition of the item as the deal might be a better one at the hotel. I also found cheaper shopping on the beach compared to the hotel... you must haggle! As you head out from the hotel to the beach make a left and take about a 5 minute beach walk. The preferred currency is Dominican Pesos or American Dollars.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank so much for taking a moment to write this review about our Vik hotel Arena Blanca!
We really appreciate that you let us know your opinion about our resort, because by this way we can improve and grow our service quality, for that reason we are glad to know all our guests opinions. We are very grateful for your positive comment about our staff; it pleased us to see that you are recognizing the work of our employees; we love to do our best for satisfying all our clients’ needs making their unforgettable stay in our resort!

We want you know, that we will be very happy to welcome you again in your Vik hotel Arena Blanca and you will see the constructive that your comments have been.

Shediac, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We were there from April 18th to the 26 this year and the place was wonderful.
Our room needed some updates (which they started to do) but who cares, we were only in our rooms to sleep. They beds were hard but I slept like a baby and enjoyed my stay.

The food was awesome! Lots to eat and variety. Staff was great! And the best of all Banana Mama drinks were going down really good.

the 2$ per day charge for the safety box was nothing compared to most resorts, and the internet...who cares about facebook when your on vacation right?

here's my story.... bfast+beach+lunch+beach+dinner+ entertainment....every day, now I feel refreshed and I would go back! Oh and the all inclusive IS ALL INCLUSIVE... the 2 bottles of water were big bottles and they were replacing them each day, plus it was free anyways if you needed more all you needed to do is call and in 2min they were at your door with a smile.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear client,

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your holidays in our resort and we will be happier to give you a warm welcome for one more time in our Vik hotel Arena Blanca!
Thank you so much for all your good comments about our food, also about our staff. We want you know that we really appreciate your positive opinion about our resort!

Whitby, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I check every detail before picking a destination and resort. We read the reviews for this hotel and we were kind of nervous after booking. All I can say about those reviews is, those people are clearly expecting a 5 star Sandals experience! If your not looking for every scuff and flaw your going to have an EXCELLENT time! I have no complaints at all, the service was amazing, the hotel was beautiful, food was pretty good, beach was spectacular, the grounds were immaculate, and the rooms were cozy!
When we booked we payed extra for ocean view, we got ocean view but two double beds (which we requested a king). We called and informed us of this mix up and they did everything they could to fix it. A room with Ocean view and a king wasn't available till the following day, so my boyfriend and I sucked it up for one night. The next day they moved us to building 5 (closest to the beach) and our view was the best i have ever experienced in the years i have traveled, our room faced the ocean and thats all we saw looking out our sliding door.
The people working at this hotel went above and beyond to give you the best experience. We left with no complaints at all about this resort! When we visit Punta Cana again we will be returning to this hotel. Again, if your not looking for something wrong with something and someone and arnt expecting a 5 star sandals experience you will have a Fabulous time!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
VHAB, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear client,

Thank you very much for having preferred our Vik hotel Arena Blanca for the enjoyment of your holidays and also for taking a moment of your precious time to write this review about our resort.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we will be more than happy to welcome you again here in your Vik hotel Arena Blanca, we are grateful for your positives comments about our beach, food and our facilities. We are always happy to work with our guests.
We really appreciate that you are thinking to come back to our resort. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Warm regards from Punta Cana,

Tel: (809) 221-6640/331-6640
Fax: (809) 221-464

Been to VIK Hotel Arena Blanca? Share your experiences!