I have been to Punta Cana twice; the first time, the Hubby and I stayed at Bahia Principe Adults only resort and it was great!!! This time around, the family joined including our 10 month old daughter. I love Punta Cana; it is a beautiful place to vacation; however, IFA is by far the worse of the worse...
The front desk staff were very RUDE; there were no urgency when I requested help. My sister waited 6 hours before she was given a room - they stated her travel agent never confirmed the reservation BUT she had a voucher and showed them the voucher; still they said they had no room for her. They stated they could not get in contact with anyone about the room confirmation until the next day but after 6 hrs stated they are giving her a complimentary room for 5 days even though she booked and paid for a 6 day trip! They stated "maybe you can stay with a family member on the 5th night?!?!?!" Just plain stupid! One person in particular, Alexandria Mejas was extremely rude; she was very dismissive; gave us an attitude when he asked questions.
The food was horrible!!!!!! The only place worth eating was the Beach Buffet and The pizza place!
The rooms was dirty, dingy and just worn down. The bed frames were nailed together with the nails sticking out. Sheets were dirty. The AC unit in my sister's room was leaking and they "fixed" it by using toilet paper?!?!!?
There were mosquitos everywhere! There were no entertainment available. There was a "Mini Disco" night for the children but when he went, it was closed!
Despite the horrible food, less than average rooms and rude customer service from the front desk staff, my family and I made the best of it. We had a great time nonetheless because who wouldn't love laying on the beach and poolside with a drink in their hand!
I would definetly return to Punta Cana but will NOT be staying at IFA!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & SPA is situated on the fine, white sands of Playa Bavaro. Bordered by a fabulous coral reef and surrounded by turquoise-colored waters this extraordinary vacation complex offers its guests a friendly, luxurious environment for sports & cuisine with its 6 charming restaurants and 7 spectacular bars, colorful tropical shows, a wide range of facilities and services especially designed to ensure an unforgettable stay right in heart of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Venere so you can book your IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Punta Cana
- Ifa Hotel Bavaro
- Ifa Bavaro Villas
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Beach Resort & Spa
- Villas Bavaro
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Punta Cana