My boyfriend and I spent the week of March 8-15th at Ifa Villas Bavaro. Our experience was overall positive with the exception of a bit of sickness that we encountered. However, we know people who went to other resorts during this same week and experienced the same thing. We can not pinpoint the problem, but we weren't careful about not drinking the water when we first got down there and it would be my best guess that this would have been the culprit!
Very pleased. Spacious, clean, and comfortable. The "patio doors" opened up completely, giving a beautiful view of the grounds and allowing lots of sunlight and fresh air. We paid for the safe and none of our belongings went missing throughout the whole trip. Our maid was kind and we always tipped her. The fridge wasn't very big, but I asked the maid for some extra beer and water and we just kept it on the counter until there was room for more :)
Staff were mostly very kind, but we did encounter one waiter at the lunch/beach bar who was downright rude. He was the exception however...you can't take these things seriously.
The buffet supper was just "ok". You could always find something to eat, but nothing to write home about. The breakfast was awesome with lots of choice. I recommend the omelets as they were so delicious and always a pleasant experience with a very talented and friendly chef.
The Pikalo (snack bar) saw our faces often! The pizza was amazing and the homemade pogos (I don't wanna know what's in their hotdogs, but yum) to die for. I recommend bringing your own ketchup for the fries, but they were also pretty good.
We tried three à la cartes: Mexican, Asian, and Caribbean. My favorite was the Asian (get the dumplings) and my boyfriend's was the Mexican. The Caribbean was an unexpected experience after reading the reviews. We went for my birthday, they sang to me, decorated my table, and were so kind. I didn't know what to get, so I asked the waiter his recommendations...my advice is to do this- I wish I had done it all along. He directed me to delicious choices- gnocchi, steak on grilled zucchini and desert crepes.
We didn't have much energy at the end of the day, but we caught the shows a couple of times and they were pretty entertaining. Didn't make it to the disco, but I heard it was fun and if you're a club goer there are lots of opportunities to go off resort to some pretty mind blowing bars for about 75$ all included.
Drinks are alright. I recommend bringing a bubba mug so you can bring your drink down to beach.
Honestly, the beach is the selling point. If your idea of a great vacation is to spend almost all of your time at a Bavaro beach, don't waste your time on expensive resorts...all resorts share the same beach. We spent the majority of our time on the beach relaxing and took advantage of the activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, tubing, and parasailing.
We only ever went to the main pool in the centre of the resort. It was always full of life: drunks, dancing, music...if it's not for you the beach is much quieter and there is also another quiet, but gorgeous pool closer to Bavaro Village. We enjoyed the main pool as a change in pace from our rather relaxing beach experience and met a lot of friendly people there just looking to have a good time.
We did a tour of Saona Island through Sunwing: catamaran, drinks, dancing, food, starfish, massages on the beach and local food. Highly recommend!
Overall the experience, considering the price, was a good one. I would recommend the resort to close friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & SPA is situated on the fine, white sands of Playa Bavaro. Bordered by a fabulous coral reef and surrounded by turquoise-colored waters this extraordinary vacation complex offers its guests a friendly, luxurious environment for sports & cuisine with its 6 charming restaurants and 7 spectacular bars, colorful tropical shows, a wide range of facilities and services especially designed to ensure an unforgettable stay right in heart of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Punta Cana
- Ifa Hotel Bavaro
- Ifa Bavaro Villas
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Beach Resort & Spa
- Villas Bavaro
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Punta Cana