(12-13-12 to 12-18-12)
Our stay at IFA Villas Bavaro was like a dream! There were five of us Asian-American girls, and we spent five unforgettable nights there in the all-inclusive, worry-free beach-side villas (definitely upgrade to these). You’ll forget about the everyday hustle and bustle once you arrive, because this place surrounds you with beautifully landscaped pools; a white sand, blue ocean beach sprinkled with palm trees with the sun kissing your skin and the soft wind blowing your hair; a wide selection of unlimited food and drinks, both traditional and nontraditional; modern, stone bathrooms; lively music(Spanish and English); choreographed and audience-participating-night shows; and staff that know how to serve you (for the most part).
I just want to point out a few details that may be useful for future travelers; if drinking water is a concern, rest assured, because the resort leaves bottled water in your mini-fridge each day after housekeeping finishes. Plus, each room has a coffee maker that can be used to boil water. No need to pack a beach towel, because they are provided by the resort and can be exchanged for new ones indefinitely. The safe costs money, but we took a risk with our valuables and opted not to purchase a safe in the room, and fortunately we did not lose any items. The buffet offers the most selection of foods (with more casual dining) while the separate restaurants offer better ambiance (but worse food). Highlights of the buffet: the oh-sooo-fresh and ripe, succulent papayas; sliced, sweet pineapple; tender, mouthwatering, grilled-to-order pork-chops; create-your-own pasta; and tasty rice. Also, if you’re adventurous like me, be sure to rent the free kayaks and other water equipment at the beach, which are courtesy of IFA.
***Beyond those daily necessities and comforts that the resort offers like bottled water and adjustable A/C in the rooms, the most valuable aspect of this resort, BY FAR, was the staff. Stanley and his thinner counterpart (sorry, I never learned his name) were always full of energy and jokes. They never failed to keep us entertained at the poolside and during the night shows. After a day, you’ll begin speaking like them! “Vow! Oh My GAWD! No Bueno! Catastrophica! Looky looky!” :D The girl with braces at the pool was also fun and full of crazy dance moves. Ramon, one of the suave bartenders, was full of positive energy and took great care of us at the bar. The smiley Alejandro was top pasta chef by day and dancing machine by night. And last, but not least, a big shout out to Carlos, the coolest of the bunch! From his infamous abs and versatile hair to his magnetic personality, Carlos deserves the IFA MVP award (most valuable person) as my experience would not be nearly as pleasant without his presence. Carlos led playful aerobic sessions in the pool, hosted and narrated poolside activities, and made all the females go wild whenever he performed his sexy dances and sung in Spanish. Thank you for making our experience at IFA Villas so special! ;) ***
Areas of my experience that could have been improved:
1. too little leg room around the toilet in the bedrooms (I’m 5’7.5’’ and my knees could touch the wall in front of me while sitting on the toilet, so I can’t imagine how taller folks must adjust)
2. lumpy pillows
3. Mosquitoes, mosquitoes, and more mosquitoes! Bring repellant!
4. stinky and unhealthy secondhand smoke from all the tourists there, because the majority were smokers and no separate areas for nonsmokers
All things considered-cost, experience, etc. – I would not hesitate to urge other friends and family to vacation at IFA Villas Bavaro.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Punta Cana
- Ifa Villas Bavaro
- Ifa Hotel Bavaro
- Ifa Bavaro Villas
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Beach Resort & Spa
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Beach Resort
- Villas Bavaro
- Ifa Villas
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & SPA is situated on the fine, white sands of Playa Bavaro. Bordered by a fabulous coral reef and surrounded by turquoise-colored waters this extraordinary vacation complex offers its guests a friendly, luxurious environment for sports & cuisine with its 6 charming restaurants and 7 spectacular bars, colorful tropical shows, a wide range of facilities and services especially designed to ensure an unforgettable stay right in heart of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.