I just came back from a 5 days vacation with my family. I want to list a few things that I liked a lot and some that I did not like:
What I liked:
1. The beach, the grounds, the peacocks.
2. People was mainly friendly - with some exceptions
3. The night shows - with some dark spots
4. Drinks were good
5. Animation staff: Stanley was AWESOME!!!!
What I didn't like
1. The food: it wasn't terrible and I would always find something I liked, but it was unflavorful - wasn't expecting this from caribbean cuisine.
2. The "handcrafts fair": one day they had a fair near the lobby area where some folks broght they overpriced merchandize and were extremely aggressive phisically pulling you to check out their stuff.So, you couldn't walk peacefully in that area for the whole afternoon
3. WiFi was extremely expensive: $10 a day for a service that didn't even work
4. Animation staff: while most of them was really nice, they were trying so hard to get people engaged in the games and activities that sometimes you felt like it was mandatory and you were completely out of line if you didn't want to play. One of the guys (the shorter, fatter lead animator) was undescribable disrespectful... I think many of the tourists didn't get his disrepectful jokes because they were drunk or because his english is terrible. But for us that speak spanish his jokes were very offensive - like when he told my mother she dances so bad because she probably just had surgery in both legs - and they still want people to participate.
5. Night show: 99% of it was awsome and very entertaining. The bad part is at the beginning, when the dancers ask guests to dance. This is good... the bad part is when they are dancing with you wishing they were dead instead of dancing with you. If they don't like that, they have to either start liking it of fake it! The worst was the guy - who thinks is larger than life - that does the Michael Jackson in the stars show, I guess he thinks he is way to good to be dancing with some silly tourists that doesn't match to his dancing skills (which are AWESOME - but still).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & SPA is situated on the fine, white sands of Playa Bavaro. Bordered by a fabulous coral reef and surrounded by turquoise-colored waters this extraordinary vacation complex offers its guests a friendly, luxurious environment for sports & cuisine with its 6 charming restaurants and 7 spectacular bars, colorful tropical shows, a wide range of facilities and services especially designed to ensure an unforgettable stay right in heart of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Punta Cana
- Ifa Hotel Bavaro
- Ifa Bavaro Villas
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Beach Resort & Spa
- Villas Bavaro
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Punta Cana