“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NH Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added NH Punta Cana to your Saves list
NH Punta Cana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Alemania, S/N El Cortecito | Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #32 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I loved it!
Small hotel, but great rooms. Excellent location.
Perfect for business, to go with friends.
Its not all included, which gives you the opportunity to visit whatever you want or eat whatever you want.
Radhames at the restaurant/bar is incredible!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Laura S, General Manager at NH Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire NH Punta Cana Hotel Staff, we would like to thank you for your good comments. We are delighted to see in your letters that you have lived the kind of experience we want to provide.

Your feedback will encourage us to continue providing the high level of service we believe our guests deserve.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and remember that this will always be your home in Punta Cana.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I absolutely loved our stay at NH punta cana.
Hotel- Looks brand new or recently remodeled everything from the lobby, hallways, to the breakfast area to the rooms look upscale and elegant
Ammenities- Wifi worked throughout the hotel, computer and cookies in the lobby, access to the beach/chairs at nextdoor Now Larimer (walk out of the hotel through the gate at the right and take a golf car to the entrance of Now Larimer. It is a gorgeous hotel utilize the access (although remember you don’t have access to the food or drinks that would be an extra $50 or so per person per day). Although we were offered drinks several times while there and never had to pay 
Service- . The breakfast was included in my rate and it was delicious with a good mix of dominican and american cuisine (pancakes, yucca, mangu, eggs, yams, fruits, yogurt, juices, pastries, delicious coffe)and you could have the kitchen prepare you eggs omelettes etc at no additional charge we even order shakes some morning, it was a substancial breakfast that I looked forward to EVERY morning. Staff is attentive and someone was always around that spoke English and every time I had a concern it was quickly resolved (such as no free drinks in the minibar, confusing air condition system, maid service)
I guess I was most impressed because I got all of this for around $70 a night in early october (low season) but I'd pay more in high season (assuming the rate is lower than the surrounding hotels that offer more ammenities pool, childcare etc etc). I had a car so its not like i was at the resort all day and thus I didnt need all the ammenties of a huge resort and this hotel served the purpose perfectly. Parking has security watching the vehicles 24/7. If I am looking for the same type of vacation I would easily easily recommend and stay at NH punta cana again. It is also in a great location a short drive from the beautiful Palma Real Mall and not far from Los Corales and the public beach.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura S, General Manager at NH Punta Cana, responded to this review, October 17, 2013

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Spent three days here in mid-February 2013. The staff were some of the friendliest I have ever encountered. Breakfast buffet is out of this world, better than I have had in terms of quality and variety than most other hotels, to include all-inclusive resorts. Added bonus of, for a daily fee, being able to use its sister hotel (NOW Larimar) and all its facilities, to include unlimited food and drink. At NOW Larimar, the waitress by the main pool Rosa went above and beyond to take care of our entire group. She is really a rockstar.
The rooms at NH were good, but a bit old. The thermostat was inconsistent and the lighting was poor. The bathroom was not traditional; the shower stall was totally separate from the toilet, and the sink was out in the open. There was no balcony, but that was not a big deal for us at all.
Overall, really good value and located in the middle of the resort zone, which made it easy to go out and see more of the area without having to get into a taxi. Would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Laura S, General Manager at NH Punta Cana, responded to this review, October 14, 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family and I loved this hotel from the moment we stepped into this beautiful hotel. The front desk people were very professional.At all times had a smile on there faces. Always ready to assist us with whatever we needed. The breakfast area was as well fantastic, food and drinks were great and the service that we received there was one of a kind. The chief was such of a humble man. The waiter were the nicest. The cleaning staff couldn't have done a better job. our whole experience was amazing!!!!! We will diffently stay there again and again. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We stayed @ the NH on two different dates the 1st time was end of June 2013 and then again went back...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is the best value in Punta Cana. The hotel has a sleek ultra modern feel to it. The rooms are clean and very modern with cable TV with plenty of English speaking channels. The breakfast was good. The staff was helpful. The best part of this hotel is the price. At first I bypassed this hotel when I looked at expedia because I thought the price was too low. All the other hotels in the area were over $200 a night some much much more than that. But after looking at all the reviews I decided to stay here. I am glad I did. I paid less than $100 USD a night for a hotel room here which included breakfast. This is not a resort and does not have a pool however you can access the adjacent resorts pool for a fee. They are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. You can't go wrong here for value and quality here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Laura S, General Manager at NH Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 30, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My family and I had a very good and unforgotable experience. I cant wait to retur again. I can said many thing but I jjust wan to said thanks to all the employees and people who make it happened. The weaher also was very cooperative.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laura S, General Manager at NH Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 20, 2013

St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at some great Hotels while on business, and have never bothered to review any until now. The Hotel NH Punta Cana is very accommodating to the needs of its guest, with the complementary, Mini Juice Bar in your room and buffet style breakfast, which gives you a wide range of choices for the vegetarian, fruit lovers or good old fashion eggs and toast, what ever you would like they will have it. The restaurant is very cozy and relaxing for lunch and dinner as well. The room I stayed in was very well arranged and offered a relaxing escape from working. Lets see I have covered the restaurant, The rooms, touched on the service oh yes the Hotel is located at the Bavaro Beach so you have all those activities and shows concerts there as well. Finally I would like to thank the staff at The NH Hotel Lucy at the front desk, very cheerful and helpful also David who also is helpful and informative, you can speak to them very candidly and you feel welcomed and calm, I would like to thank Radames and Elsa from the NH restaurant who waited on us and served us brilliantly always with a smile and polite conversation, and to Tomasa who i believe was very kind and helpful. To everyone at the Hotel, that worked so very hard to make the stay at Punta Cana so very Wonderful and fun.
Muchas Gracias!!
Aaron R.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Laura S, Director General at NH Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 18, 2013

Best Regards

Been to NH Punta Cana? Share your experiences!