“Great Christmas Holiday - great food beach and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #65 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Halifax, Canada
“Great Christmas Holiday - great food beach and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Wow, we had a great time, no compliants. Excellent service and great food. This was our 18th all inclusive vacation. I am a well seasoned vacationer usually staying at 4-5 star.
This did not disappoint. The service was amazing.

Food: Very good, no use of funky spices. Tasted like home, Turkey dinner with gravy and mashed potatoes, roast beef, great grilled tuna and an exceptional beach barbecue with great chicken and fries. The ketchup and condiments are all Heinz and the softdrinks are coke products. The Japanese restaurant was great - amazing show. There were no funky items and breakfast was great. The homemade donuts were a nice treat.

Christmas was well done, beautiful decorations and everyone in Santa hats the duration, with santa on the beach on Christmas day delivering gifts to the Children (you bring the gifts and santa delivers. They really went the extra mile.

Time share - One very nice individual offered me 60.00 to attend, no pressure. I did not attend. (I was only asked once)

Internet - 10.00 a day for wi-fi. I brought my netbook and it was fast and easy. 7.00 for a half hour of internet time on their computers. They were almost always available and the resort was full. You can purchase a phone card for 20.00 and call out simply by dialing 5 and then your number (very easy). their is a bank machine at the hotel that accepted both my Canadian bank cards.

Room, make sure you have a remote for the tv, if not ask. The maid gave me more blankets immediately. The hair dryer broke and maintainance was in our room within 10 minutes. Again the resort was full. Excellent service. The voltage is the same as in Canada, however if you have a camera that needs a flat surface to charge the battery you can get a free adaptor at the front desk. There was no stopper for the tub again just ask and they will deliver.

English is not widely spoken, but who cares you are in a Spanish speaking country and most of the guests are European. The front desk as well as your representative can help with most questions. Was not a problem at all.

I have been to Cuba 11 times and was very happy with the DR, very much on par with the
Sirenis Grand Playa Turquesa in Holguin. Yes it is off on its own and there is little shopping but the quiet and beautiful private beach ment more to me. There are some little shops up the beach with paintings and Dominican art.

The beach and pool are beside each other, the resort was full Christmas week and we had no trouble finding chairs. Service everywhere was exceptional and I have never been somewhere where tips really were not expected. Very flat resort.

We had a ground floor room with a big balcony with wicker furniture. No bugs and very clean.

Yes there is a charge for the safe 3.00 per day and you do need to leave a 50.00 usd deposit. You can imagine the cost to re-key a safe if the key is lost, so I was not bothered by this and got my money back at check-out.

Towells were in our room on arrival (Sunquest) We did not need to handle our luggage at all it was taken to our room on arrival. When you arrive there is a welcome bottle of Dominican Rum in the room and the minibar has bottled water, coke and sprite. Tell the maid if you want diet coke and it is not a problem. The main bars close at 1am and the disco charges 3.00 per drink. Shows were great, Micheal Jackson, Dirty dancing, many more. Lots of live music each day and great activities.

Do not hesitate to go to this resort, I have stayed at the Barcelo Marina Palace, Sol Cayo Coco, Blau Cayo Coco, El Senador, Sirenis Grand Playa turquesa, Riu Jalisco, Puerto Vallarta and the Hamilton Princess in Bermuda, and many more. I loved this resort.

Have a great vacation.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Polish first
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

My husband and I took our two girls here for there very first trip down south. We had a great time and our weather was hot and sunny every day. The animation team was alot of fun and always tried to keep people entertained and involved. Our room overlooked the pool and we could see the beach, it was beautiful. This time of year it gets dark by 6:15 so we were always up and by the pool before 9:30. We stayed in Peurta Plata on our last trip and found Punta Cana Beaches much nicer. Both girls had there hair braided by the nice lady just down the beach who doesnt work at the resort...she only charged $10 for half of their head....great deal and she was very pleasant. The food was ok and we found enough to eat each day ...but Dominicans cant cook food like home so you have to expect that before you go . My girls loved the icecream and never got sick at all. Over all nice relaxing vacation just before the xmas hustle and bustle.

montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Yesterday, i returned from the Sirenis Tropical Suites. I stayed 7 days (dec 24-31)
The hotel claims to be 5 stars, it is definetly not !
Before leaving i read alot of reviews, most were negative, and i was kinda bumed out. I told myself to ignore the bad reviews and see for myself, and to go with an open mind!

We arrived at the hotel at 2 am, about a half our later, they checked us into a room in block D, we walk in, look around, and the room was so ugly. It was old, and not modern at all. We walked into the bathroom, and the toilet was leaking, the floor was flooded. So we took our luggage back to the reception. We told the guy it was unacceptable and we were to be put in a nicer room. (his name is enrique) After a long wait, with another couple in the same position, their room was infested with bugs. Enrique told them they would fumigate the room and they could go back!? Is that crazy or what? Then he put us in a room in block O, we made sure the bell boy stayed with us to look at the room. We walked in and the bed was unmade, sheets all over the place, there were pillows on the floor, the curtains were on the tv along with pillows, someones water bottle was still on the night table, then we walk into the bathroom, what a disaster. There were wet towels on the floor, bugs in the bath, toothpaste on the mirror. It was the most discusting room i have ever seen in my life! We went back to the reception, the same couple was still there. we said this is completly discusting and unacceptable. Finally, they put us in the best suite possible, in block A. Even the best suite they have isint great, yes it was clean and spacious, but very old! The elavator didnt even work, and we had to go up 4 flights of stairs everytime we wanted to go to or leave our room. The only possitive would be that it was very central, right above the buffet and the main walkway. I also have to say our room was well cleaned, good maid. except for the dirt in between the tiles, and the mold in the walls. So by the time we got checked in, into a decent room, it was 7 am! yes, it took 5 hours to check in. by that time we were exausted. And christmas day was a write off because we were so tired. Not to mention, out of the 7 nights, we didnt get a good sleep because the bed must be 100 years old, it is rock hard and you can feel all the springs, the pillows are just as bad.

The beach is nice, hard to find chairs by the pool or beach. The pools are okay also. The worst part is that we starved, there is no 24 hour snack bar, or anywhere to eat when the buffet is closed. Breakfast is from 7-10, by 9 the food is cold. Then the buffet is closed until 1 and is open til 3. It is closed again and reopened from 7-10 for dinner. So inbetween then you have nowhere to eat. The barbacue on the beach is okay, it is open from 1-3 for lunch. the food isnt great anyways, most of it is inedible. The best restaurant is the japanes one (jade) its excellent and a nice experience. Usually very booked so it might be hard to get in. You are only allowed 2 reservations, which sucks. What else is there to say? it was a nightmare.

The staff is so so, some are friendly, some are really not. Their hospitality is totally overwhellming NOT!
The bar staff and waitresses are very nice !
The eintertainment team work extremly hard, and they are very nice. The night shows arent great, not professional. However the Micheal Jackson show is very well done and worth seeing.

They try to sell you time shares, which gets very annoying. always say no.

I would not recomend this hotel to anyone.

You can walk for miles on the beach, however one way is a milatary base, well a marine base. and theres a couple of beach houses. The other way there is another hotel and lots of little shops, they are very pushy, and they force you to come in and buy stuff, dont look at them, keep walking, or you will get sucked in. There are also straay dogs !
The gift shops are expensive, but cheaper then the airport.. there is shopping just as you walk out of the resort, like 5-10 minutes away. We didnt go, so i dont know what its like.

all in all, the hotel is extremly dirty and not a 5 star, 3 stars is being generous.
please read the negative reviews carefully, because all of them were exact sadly.
Dont waste your hard earned money on this hotel, no matter how good of a deal you get.

I plan on fighting for my money back, because this is NOT what i payed for.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Spent Christmas 2010 at this resort! Terrible. DO NOT GO! Waste of money and time. This IS NOT a 4 STAR HOTEL - at best a 1. I don't even know where to begin to tell you the problems. Rust in the tub - bathroom door would not close. Ceiling had water stains, had to ask for blankets they had burn holes.

Sorry gym. Soccer nets were dry rotted and hanging. Ground bees nest all over the basketball court area - dirty. Hornets nests.

Sorry excuse for a game ROOM - NO FLAT screen TV's - and they never worked.

5 COMPUTERS for internet access - that is it. In the Lobby area - full of SMOKING. IF you are allergic to this it is a problem. 5 Computers - $12 for 1 hour of Internet access time. Disgusting.

The food was NOT good. Everything tasted the same. The bacon was raw most days. If they didn't understand your language they smiled and ignored you. I hated it.

My husband found a needle while making a sand castle on the beach with our son.

DO NOT GO TO THIS RESORT! I don't know who is sitting at the TOP THERE but, he sure does NOT give a damn! I also BLAME APPLE Vacation for not knowing this.

NO shopping on the RESORT - most comiing into the resort where closed down.

No Ping Pong balls in the game room. Attendent did not know how to get the pool table balls unstuck.

Room rarely had hot water. The beds suck. The pillows are worthless. NOT A FOUR STAR HOTEL AT ALL. AVOID this hotel

Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We just returned from Punta Cana yesterday to our home in Canada. This region is beautiful and the resort is on the beach...miles and miles of beautiful beach stretch in both directions...we walked a lot. The water was typical for being on the open ocean...some rough days and some calm days...the rough days were super fun for playing in the waves! The resort is clean, the grounds are beautiful, our room was kept clean every day. The room is dated as far as decor goes...but who cares? The room is for showering and sleeping...as long as it is clean, that works for me! The food was pretty average buffet food, we typically avoid buffets in our regular life but when you go to an all-inclusive you are eating with hundreds of people every day and that is just the way it is. The food was base-line average for us but a woman I spoke to said she and her family loved it!! It all depends what you like and what you are used to. All in all, clean, friendly staff, beautiful scenery...we would definitely return to Punta Cana.

Bowmanville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

“One of the worst Hotels I have stayed in in my last 4 visits to Dominican”
Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Spa
A TripAdvisor Member Went Dec 20th to the 27th 2010 got to the hotel with 4 other family 6 adults and 5 kids age 9 to 14.
Got to our rooms at 11pm and entered and all our power was out and had to wait 2 hrs for service .
Next morning no power again and realized that a leg was missing on our bed and was sleeping on a slent all night.
Fuzz box in room was hanging out of wall right open with wires out
Air conditioned button on the was was broken off and couldnt changed the setting and it was set at the colest setting and we only had one sheet on our beds and no blanket or comforter
Shower was ok but tub would not drain so by the end of your shower you have water up passed your ankles.
Ceiling was leaking water all over floor in one of the other rooms and had to put towels to soak up water and had a bad musty smell.
Tv in the other room didnt work.
Beach was ok, nice white sand and only good food to eat was the BBQ on the beach grill.
A la Carte was pretty good, Mexican was great and Italian was ok and staek house was ok.
Food at the other restaurant was ok and the same everyday.
Had our Rooms fixed by the 5th day and they really wanted us to go to the Timeshare meetings.
Not ,much for kids ,
Overall I woudl not go back there even if they would give me a free trip..

• Stayed December 2010
Dundonnell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

This was the worst holiday we have had in the Dom Rep, And we have been 14
times. the hotel had building work going on night and day in several blocks, our
block had jack hammers breaking floor tiles at 11pm, YES IT WAS REALLY THAT BAD.
The hotel does not have a manager that i could find and i did try on several
occaisions, only to be lied to by the reception staff every time. i wasted a lot
of hours going to appointments with the manager that the staff made for me only
to find that i had no appointment.!!! I can only conclude that either there is
no manager or he is afraid to face all the complaints that were made by almost
everyone i met there.
It is also being changed over to TIMESHARE and everything is geared up for the
hard sell. So be prepaid to be hassled constantly by the "Timeshare consultants". The Hotel is in desperate need of renovation, the rooms and buildings
and the pool are in a very bad state of repair. We also had brown water coming
from our taps most days.
I advise everyone to steer well clear of this hotel its nothing like it was 5
years ago when we last stayed there, it has gone in my opinion from a 5 star to
a 3star hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!