“Best wedding day i could of asked for” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames

Save Saved
You added Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #63 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
surrey
“Best wedding day i could of asked for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

My fiance and i took 8 family members to the sirenis cocotal on may 1st 2006. To help us get married and hlp us celebrate our special day. When we first arrived we were amazed at the size of the hotel grounds, it was huge?. When we got to our room we had received a letter from Soriviany the wedding co-ordinator , arranging a day and time for us to meet her and arrange our wedding. We were very relieved to have received the letter so soon as we were a bit worried as to how it would all work out. When we met soriviany she was really lovely. She answered any questions that we had and asked us how we wanted the day to go. We had already created a list of how we wanted the day to go, down to the colour of the flowers etc. We were very happy with how she treated us and she was just as excited as i was. She showed me how to get to the spa and helped me book my hair appointment for the wedding day and manicure and pedicure which all came to about 60 dollars which is roughly 35 pounds. Well worth the money!!! I had read bad reviews about the hairdressers before i went and i had resorted to taking a hair extension piece so that i could just attach this on the day, but i just decided to trust them. I was very happy with the results. They had several magazines for me to look through to chose my style, and it didn,t take long til i chose one. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous. My bouquet was a long draping posy with pink and white roses with white daisies and gypsofelia, my three bridesmaids had similar but smaller posys which i had to pay extra for, as well as the button wholes for the two men and two wrist corsages for my mum and mother in law. All together with the photographer , video and flowers it came to 700 dollars which is roughly 400 pounds. Money well spent i can tell you. The photographer and cameraman came straight to my room and followed me all the way down to the gazebo on the beach ( which is quite a walk from the hotel room) I had requested a song to be played whilst we got married, but what we didn,t know is that the song is played so loud that the whole complex can here it, even people on the beach. Not that im complaining it was lovely to have ereyone listen to it. Lots of people stood around and watched and said how lovely i looked, which was really nice and it made me feel even more special. The ceremony was short but sweet, just how we wanted it. We had loads of photos taken on the beach. We were marred on 8th may at 5.30pm which was our choice as originally we were told 6.30pm but the registrar was running late so wouldnt be there till 7pm to sign the papers, so we were told we could get married sooner we just had to wait untill a bit later to sign every thing. We are so glad that we did this because the sun sets at 6pm so we were lucky enough to still have some sunshine in the background for the photo,s. Some of the photos were taken at 6.10pm and the difference in background is amazing, they dont look as nice with the dark sky in the background. The evening of the wedding we had a reception in the gourmet restaurant which soriviany had surprised me by decorating the tables to a very high standard it felt like being at the queens table and i was the queen. Before leaving the gazebo after the ceremony we had champagne and caviar which we were very impressed with. The night of the wedding we were given a free room upgrade to a suite. MY GOD IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!! IT HAD A QUEENSIZE BED, AN ENTRANCE LOBBY, WINDOWS ALL AROUND WITH WINDOW SEATS, A HUGE BALCONY, AND THE BEST BIT WAS THE JACCUZZI. We didnt leave our room for most of the second week as you can imagine. As if things couldnt of got any better, the next morning we were awoken by a knock at the door and we had received room service, champagne and full continental breakfast with a whole bowl of fresh fruit, we were in heaven. I would defernately reccomend this hotel for a wedding in paradise. Even just a holiday, it is suitable for people of all ages, especially children and adults, there is something bfor everyone. The restaureants we could not fault them. The rooms were immaculate, the staff were very friendly. We did have some thunder and showers in the second week but nothing were not used to in england. The weather was very hot in the hundreds so im glad that i had a light chiffon strappy dress as anything else would have been uncomfortable, my husband wore trousers, a shirt, cravat and waistcoat. I had tried to pester him to wear a full suit with jacket, but im glad he didnt now as he was sweating in just the shirt. if you would like to ask any other questions kelly.woodhead@hotmail.co.uk

• Liked — Size and cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — dont take hair straighteners as the electricity isnt strong enough for them
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Polish first
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

If you're a vegetarian...then definitely do NOT go to this hotel! My friends and I went for 5 nights/6 days, and 3 of us were vegetarians..and constantly starving! The times the restaurants were open were really weird..so everytime we went to go get food, it'd be closed. They have a vegetarian restaurant there, but it SUCKS! Only thing I recommend would be the pasta (which is an appetizer, not an entree - weird huh?). The staff is pretty cool, but it was hard to communicate with them sometimes because many don't speak English. The pools, beach and spa are great! I definitely would recommend anybody who wants to get a great massage to definitely book one at the spa - $60/full body!

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The food
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

me and my family stayed at the Tropical suite at the Sirenis hotel we booked an excursiion to swim with the dolphins the leaflet claims SNORKEL and SWIM with the dolphins what a BIG dissapointment for me and the children the people who sell these excursions should not be aloud to state on the leaflet something you dont actually do 1) you do not snokel 2) you dont really swim with the dolphins it is all in a regimented environment i would not reccomend this excursion to anybody because you will be very dissapointed .the hotel over all was o.k the food was good the staff was alright i would not go back again

• Liked — it was clean
  • Disliked — too small
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

I am happy for those that had a good time at Sirenis.
I love to go to the Caribbean and don't really go as a critic but as a tourist to relax and enjoy. However, when bad service is interfering with your enyoyment then is a sign that there is something really bad happening....

*A mice at the exit kitchen door by the pool! No comments!
*Bathrooms with leaks....A few calls later and finally the plumber came to fix it. Meanwhile we enjoyed the lake Sirenis at my bathroom!
*Dirty beaches and pool. I saw a few pictures took by travelers on line that will better describe what I mean.
*Maid that forgets to clean your room....After a few calls and promises to send someone you realize that is too late and time to go to bed.....
*I must say that something I love about Dominican is their food, in this case, the food was obviously recycled and after 4 days you really get sick as you run out of things to eat. Not to mention that its quality wasn't of the a 4 1/2 * hotel (that was the category in Canada at the time I purchased the ticket).
*The staff was generally not friendly (I speak both: Spanish and English and it wasn't a lenguage problem). Finally one day we discovered that every morning employees at the restaurant are lined up and yelled by their boss before they open- (No wonder...who would like to work and be happy at that resort if they treat you like that...?)
*Wake up calls that never call you.....(happened a few times as we have to get up early to book a la carte dinner- as is not enough that I have to get up early everyday to go to work....)
*When you get to the front desk to book your a la carte dinner make sure you check that the restaurant you were book is the one you asked for.

Frustrated from my stay at Sirenis, I decided to contact Sirenis Head Office directly. Soon enough I realized that the culture of this resort came right from the top. I was basically ignored. Now, how stupid can you be to ignore the suggestions that your customer is making that will help you improve and offer what people really want....? No Rocket Science....Eh?

Don't get me wrong, I am not beig a nag, I just want you to think twice as it was very disappointing for me to pay for a 4 1/2* and receive the service of a 3*. As I said earlier, I go on vacations not to criticize the resort, but to enjoy the beach, time off, etc....but if you pay and you don't receive what is promised...wouldn't you feel impotent or ripped off? That's exactly how they made me feel.

My goal with this review is to show you what potentially could happen to you.
If you decide to go ahead and book, I wish you good luck!

If you wish to have more information of my experience you can contact me at fernandadls@gmail.com

• Liked — The pool, however it was not clean.....
  • Disliked — Most of the things
  • Tips/Secrets — Consider another alternative......Spend a bit more, but get what you deserve...!
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

This was the best vacation ever! I loved this resort! I went to this resort after reading a ton of horrible reviews on this resort and I was a little scared to see what I had gotten my self into, but I have to say that I was surprised when I entered the lobby of the hotel, as it was gorgeous! The land and layout of this resort is absolutely stunning! The only problems we had at this resort were minor problems and they didn't affect my opinion of this resort at all. A vacation is what you make of it!

*Transportation* First off I would just like to warn you that it is approx 1 hour drive from the airport to the hotel and Dominican drivers are nuts! LOL... but we made it there and back safely!

*Service* Everything in Dominican is on Dominican time! When a maid says 2 momentous she actually means 15 mins in normal time! If you go with a recommend tour like Sunquest the representative will explain Dominican Time for you!

**Food** Not the best I have ever tasted in my life, but you don't go to a spot like Dominican to eat! I'm a pretty picky eater and I did find something to eat while I was away! I would have to say that the best food I had while I was at the Sirenis was in the Steakhouse and in the Mexican (These restaurants you need to make reservations for)

**Bars** I found that the best place to get a good Daiquiri or any drinks was at the night time bar near the main lobby on the Sirenis Cocotal side. During the day I found that the best bar tender was the one at the pool bar on the Sirenis Cocotal side. He was the friendless and fastest! Always smiling and dancing along to his cds! If you would like him to play a cd for you all you have to do is ask and he will be more than happy to play it for you!

**Entertainment** THIS was the HIGHLIGHT of my entire vacation! As a single 19 year old female it was amazing! :) The entire entertainment staff worked from 9 in the morning till about 11 at night with only a few breaks here and there! They were so friendly and always dancing, singing and smiling! Did I mention that they are also good looking? :P My favourite was Spaghetti! He had the best personality and he was the goofy one! Ginger is also very entertaining as well, he and Spaghetti made a perfect match!. In my opinion the best looking was the one who did the water aerobics on the beach ever day! *SIGH* The Assistant manger of the Entertainment team was the MC and hilarious! He is also an AMAZING and I mean AMAZING dancer!!!!!!! You barely ever saw him during the day you mostly saw him every night at the show. The pre show starts around 9:45 in the evening, this is where you have a chance to dance with one of the handsome entertainment boys and if you’re a guy you get to dance with one of the gorgeous entertainment girls! They are all amazing dancers! The rest of the pre show involves "diplomas" and a bottle of Dominican rum for those who one a contest earlier in the day. The actual show starts at 10 and runs till 11 and this where you will be really entertained! Most of the shows involves audience members.... if you do not want to take part in the activities then I advise you to sit at lest 5 rows back from the stage so that you are out of their reach, because if you sit any closer you will be pulled up on stage!! These shows are HILARIOUS, you must be prepared to laugh, clap your hands and put your hands up in the air!! LOL... You will fall in love with the entire entertainment staff! Most of the staff are every helpful and can speak a variety of languages fluently. Every night the MC would speak English, then Spanish and then French when explaining activities. I felt sorry for them to having to repeat themselves in all different languages but then did it happily and with a big smile! After the show is over, most of the younger crowd heading straight towards the disco which runs from 11-2 and the older crowd headed to the casino which is open 8-2. In the disco you have to pay for your drinks but you admission is FREE! The entertainment staff who has worked about 10 hours already that day usually join you in the disco and they still find the energy to dance the night away!

*Overall Experience* I have traveled to various resorts in the past and this is one of my Favourites! I do plan on returning to this resort in the near future! I hope that the same entertainment staff is there and I would recommend this resort to anyone! The only other heads up about this resort is that there is a lot of walking at this resort, so if you are a little physically challenged and don't like walking I wouldn't recommend this resort because of the layout of the resort. The gardens, the landscape, the buildings, the pool and the beach are absolutely gorgeous! One other thing....if you like certain bathing items, make sure you bring them! *FIY - they do NOT have face wash cloths!* Always remember that a vacation is what you make of it, so get up and join in on the "SIRENIS CLUB DANCE" and start partying!

Say hi to Spaghetti, Ginger, Mr. Water Aerobics and the Assistant manager, they will make your trip worth while!

I tried to post a few pictures of this resort but my computer simply would not let me! :(

• Liked — The Entertainment Staff
  • Disliked — Food... but I didn't go away to eat!
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring your walking shoes! Be ready to dance, sing, clap and do things you wouln't do at home!
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Essex, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2006

Just returned from 2 lovely weeks at the Sirenis. We flew with First Choice excellent leg room and individual seatback TVs so all my 3 children liked that. The transfer was in air conditioned minibus and direct and journey took about an hour. Check in was quick and smooth. We had booked the Sirenis as it was one of the only hotels that could take 5 of us in one room. We had two double beds in the main bedroom and a sofa bed in the lounge. The room was clean and our maid looked after us really well so we tipped her as reward for this not because we had too. A picture from the children went a long way too, the following day we had swan towels and flowers on our beds. The food was really good, the buffet had superb choice and the children loved the pasta man where they could choose what pasta they had and what went in it. We tried the speciality restaurants and the booking system was improved whilst we were there and the queue took about 15 minutes. You could book for the speciality restaurants which are A La Carte everyday, one booking per day so effectively you need never eat in the buffet. The Steak House was superb. We also tried the chinese (not so good) and the pizzeria really good too.

The pool was massive and so warm the kids spent most of the day in there. The beach was great too, not quite as I had imagined (pure white sand) but nice and clean, palm trees, plenty of sun beds and the sea was warm so what more do you want. You did need to be up by about 7am to get decent sunbeds with shades.

The kids went to the Kids Club whilst we were there. It was on from 10-12 and 3-5. The kids loved it and really liked their play leader. I was a bit more sceptical. She seemed a bit too relaxed for me, but hey I'm a Mum. Klaudia also took them all for tea in the buffet one night which gave us a nice meal on our own.

Before going I was a bit worried after reading some of the reports on here, and if you wanted to be picky you could find things to moan about. Towels on sunbeds, birds do come in the restaurants sometimes and the restaurants are also really hot but you are in the middle of the Caribbean and the setting is beautiful so relax and enjoy it.

We feel really chilled and recharged after two fantastic weeks.

• Tips/Secrets — You need to get a convertor from 110v to 240v if you want phone charger to work
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
B'ham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2006

Going to the dominican republic is deffinatly an eye opening experience. The hotel is around an hour and a half away from the airport and any road journeys are bumpy to say the least, however, this is a third world country! the hotel itself is quite northen so when booking trips be aware that is going to be some traveling envolved usually for around an hour if not more. Although bumpy this gives you chance to see the real dominican and is an eye opener.
Our room was always cleaned and we found the maid friendly. Some days we only needed towels and drinks which they are happy to do. Our maid did just as good job when we tipped her as when we didnt.
The food was always good and the snack bar by the pool was always good to go to for something different or just to get some ice cream while lying by the pool. The bar give generous measures to say the least when it comes to drinks and there are always people clearing away glasses and keeping the place tidy.
If you want to be free to explore this isnt the place to go as it isnt recommended to go outside the hotel boundries however if you relax and do a couple of trips i dont see how this is a problem.
the hotel provides towels to use when your by the pool and we never had trouble getting sun loungers (ther's piles of them behind the steakhouse resutrant) so if we couldnt find one out alreayd we just grabbed a couple from there.
We went on 4 trips during our stay which i think stopped us from being bored or feeling confined within the hotel. We went to soana, jungle safari, swimming with sharks and deep sea fishing( sea legs deffinatly needed)
The hotel grounds are beautiful and really well maintained and we often saw men climbing up trees to cut the lower leaves off and cut the coconuts down and if you really want one just go and ask them for one.
On this type of holiday there isnt alot to do so if your not the sort of person who is content just reading a book by the pool this isnt for you.
The only real problems we had with the hotel was at reception. We asked them to swap our $20 note for some thing smaller so we could buy some photos from the hotel, the reception claimed to have no change... They also give the impresion they are select about when they understand you. The booking system for the themed resutrants isnt the best but our rep booked two for us which gave us a taster, but the food in the main restrant was always good so we didnt really bother.
Overall we had a really good relaxing holiday. we both enjoyed doing nothing for a week and its not that often you get to see flamingos on your way to breakfast every morning. I would recomend the hotel but probably wouldnt go back because thers so many other places to go in the world but never say never. People who moan about the hotel should realise how much theyve got compared to the people who live there.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!