“The best trip of my life!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #68 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
London, United Kingdom
“The best trip of my life!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

The best trip of my life! Fell in love with the place! Will go back as soon as an opportunity comes! The resort is huge, clean, massive pool, nice friendly people, the best service...rating 10/10!
Absolutely love it!!!!

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

I've been to over 30 countries in my time, and I only tend to write reviews if my trip was either really good or really bad. The week I spent at Sirenis Cocotal was the best trip of my life. maybe its not the #1 hotel in DR, but it doesn't cost $1000 a night either so I give it 5/5.

I am still unsure of the difference between sirenis tropical suites & cocotal. They seem to be the same to me, they are only seperated by a path on the way to the beach, but everything else is shared.

Don't listen to reviews about hard beds. The matresses are fairly new and modern, and as a person that suffers from back pain my best description is that they are firm and supportive. I had a great nights sleep every time.

The pool and beach areas are spectacular. I suspect they may get overcrowded in peak seasons, but in February it was very quiet. Each of the restuarants we thoroughly enjoyed, and never got sick as some people come to expect from 3rd world countries. I got a little bit annoyed by people that put their towels in the pool area early in the morning to reserve lounge chairs in prime spots and then finally show up at 2pm to claim them. They seemed to all be British... not that this reflects badly on the hotel as that would happen anywhere.

I'd like to mention that the service we received at meal time I have never experienced before. If I ordered a glass of wine and it did not matter how fast I drink it, by the time it reached 20% full I would not be waiting any longer than 1 minute for it to be filled up. The same goes for emptied plates, they are cleared away immediately. I thought it was nice to have people just standing around checking everyone was ok and basically waiting on us hand and foot.

The entertainment program was also excellent. The main guy is only young but is a lot of fun and not to mention fluent in Spanish, English, French & German. He does well to ensure everyone is laughing at the end of a hard day sipping free cocktails at the swim up bar.

The DR people are obviously very poor. I got hassled for tips outside of the hotel, but not once inside which is a very nice thing in my opinion. I believe a tip should be given only once earned... shops outside of the hotel even had the cheek to include their 10% tip in the price things like snacks.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
wallasey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

we went with friends, This hotel I recommend as a very wheel chair friendly. from the start of booking in to the end of our holiday, nothing was to much of a problem. the service at the swim up bar for Lawrence (in the wheel chair) second to none, the food was favorable to all, the rooms were kept very clean, any problems we reported were rectified within hours.The beach was clean and tidy and plenty of beds.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

My wife and I stayed for two weeks, what a disappointment, we love Punta Cana and been many times in different places, but this one is just too much,
Beach is good, but that's about it, food is really poor, rooms are OK, but service is not,
to clean the room they start banging on the door at 7:30 (every day) even after i asked not to; bed sheets are not changed (everyday tips do not help) until you tell them to;
constant power outages, may be it's fine when you're on the beach, but it always happen when everybody back to the rooms, and when it's already dark outside and of course you're in the shower - not pleasant;
but the most disgusting thing is that the best rooms, the closest to the beach, are for locals only, not available for you and me; and Friday to Monday there are lots of locals, I don't mind that, but just the fact that they keep best room for locals only is really disgusting;
we love Dominican R. but we would not recommend this resort to anybody.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
toronto, on
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

Staff was attentive, lobby was nicely finished, food was attractively displayed and good in buffets. the al a cart rests. have to be better. When you go to the steak house rest. it should be better than a denny's steak,etc. the rooms were spacious but the bathrooms seriously have to be updated(caulking around tub,toilet & walls shouldn"t be mildew & Rust stained. I feel many people felt like some of the extras in upgrades should have been in the standard packages bought thru major travel companies.. The resort could easily be better value we some attention to important details. This is meant for families with small children and should be advertised as such.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

I have just come back from a week of complete relaxation at the Sirenis Cocotal.
We did move from our first room because it was just across from the casino and the stage area where the entertainment took place, so it was very noisy. The room was a bit sad too.
We decided to ask reception in the morning for a room move, there was a little concern from the reception staff because the hotel was very busy. But they found us a room in the H bloke on the 3rd floor which was much nicer and much quieter. I would say that all the rooms are a little tired. That said they were spotlessly clean and decorated with fresh flowers and towel art daily.
The staff were lovely everyone from housekeeping to restaurant supervisors seemed to be smiling with a bit of banter. They were helpful and polite if you had a request. The only exception to this were the girls in the casino, who I think were just bored and they seemed to have the very little English. I speak some Spanish and got the impression that we were the topic of conversation more than once which can be a little unnerving.
The restaurants were lovely and trust me I know good food, for buffet food this was nice. Huge selection of fruit and salads which I ate all week and had no ill effects. You could be as healthy or as fat as you wanted with the selection of hot dogs and burgers if that is more your scene. The bookable restaurants were good if a little limited in the menu. The Jade was good but unfortunately we think we got the apprentice who was good but very nervous and since Tepanyaki is about the show as much as the food......
The beach was beautiful with lots of sun loungers if you wanted a thatched umbrella though it was the 7 am run to the beach. Worth getting up for if only to watch people running around in their P.J's. Another good reason was to watch the sun come up beautiful!!!
All in all a fabulous holiday, a huge thank you to the all staff and Tashan, we are seriously considering a return visit.

• Stayed January 2010
brossard, qc. canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

This is our secont visit to Sirenis Tropical and it was much better 5 years ago. The whole place can use a major make over, especially the lobby furniture. The bedrooms and bathrooms are run down but clean. The bars serve local brands only. The beer is good, but the wine is terrible. The food is not gourmet, but quite acceptable. However, I must mention that several in our group suffered from tourista during our 2 week stay. The gym had rusty equipment and I didn't dare try the spa. The beach is lovely. Unfortunately, we had to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve some shade and chairs. The pool is long and deep, but not clean enough for me to want to use it. The ladies maintaining the beach toilets deserve a medal...very clean. The people working there are exceptionally friendly and hospitable. If you are looking for a simple, low cost vacation, this is for you. In spite of all my criticism, I found I had value for what I paid. To me, this is a good 3 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!