“Terrible Bedrooms and toilet- not a good experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #70 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Brampton, Canada
“Terrible Bedrooms and toilet- not a good experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed at the Sirenis Tropical from July 31st to Aug 7th. To be honest we were very skeptical booking this hotel after reading some of the negative comments, especially around the rooms. To my disbelief it came true, the comments were spot on. We have travelled to other resorts in the Caribbean and had no issue with the rooms, but this was terrible.
We initially stayed in the J block the first night, the room gave old musty smell, the AC was noisy and was not working then we put the fan on and the fan was making noise too, so our sleep was deprived the first night. the next day we spoke to the concierge desk and got him to help us move to another room. they moved us to the H block, not that better either but the AC was working fine. These rooms our way outdated, the wash-rooms were horrible, overall when you are in the room it gives a depressing feeling. I understand we dont spend that much of time in the rooms, the little we did was not very pleasant and kind of spoiled the vacation. Plus came home with bed bug bites too.
The funny thing is they will try to push their VIP members package, first off the clients must feel happy and comfortable even trying to consider the members package, that’s a joke considering the terrible room/toilet condition they put us in.
Other than the room, the rest was ok, the beach, pool, drinks, food was fine. The staff were friendly and somewhat helpful. Couple of them stood out to me, they were Kendall from Concierge services, Reynalldo from Reception and Abel the Guest services manager they were very helpful indeed and try to do their best to help anyway they could.
Would I go there again? NO way, never again, I would definitely look somewhere else. I heard the Bavaro resorts are better.

Room Tip: Avoid J, H blocks, heard the B block is better but not sure.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Hi AjSriku,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. . I will definitely take your feedback for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the room, the beach, the pool, the drinks and the food. I will definitely pass on your great comments to Reynaldo, Abel, and Kendall as they will be happy to hear that.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues or if you are thinking of coming back to our resort. I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great vacation.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Please do not come to this hotel. I have been to several all inclusives in other countries and this is by far the worst.

I don't even know where to start....

We ran out of toilet paper for more than a day. I asked many times at the front desk, the concierge, and the maid but they just never brought me toilet paper. Having 2 kids and all of using with tummy upsets, this was a cruel joke. Finally several complaints I received toilet paper the next day.

My younger takes a nap in the afternoon so we are in the room in the afternoons. Almost every day, someone would enter my room without knocking, or give a quick knock while turning the doorknob. They were different people every time, not just the maid checking the rooms. This really freaked me out because one one time 2 big men were staring at me up and down. They claimed to be checking the room.

They never filled the coffee or tea in the room.

The "punta cana walmart" along the beach wanted to charge 230 usd for a beach ball, a pack of cards and a floaty claiming to give me a great deal.

The food was awful and they were way over capacity. There were never any bowls for oatmeal cups for drinks, and the tables were never set. I had to order drinks from the outside bar and bring them into the dining room because the staff was so busy they couldn't serve us.

They try to sell you membership which is overpriced timeshare with RCI and DAE.

Our rum, which we purchased at the giftshop leaked on the plane. I have never had alcohol leak.

The swimming pool was so dirty in some areas that I couldn't even see the bottom of the pool.

Please don't bother with this hotel, it's awful.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hi tip44,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Regarding the pool, first of all we would like to apologize for this inconvenience; it is important to know that the color was not because it was dirty, but due to a shock treatment we do once a year to give it a deep cleaning, normally during July or August which are the months with highest heat and breeze. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused during those days but we can ensure that it was never unhealthy or dirty. Every month we pass all the quality and hygiene controls and inspections. We have external audits twice a month by Cristal (a certified international company), and also we have regular inspections from each Operator Tour on a monthly basis, which we all pass with positive results.

About the people coming in to your room, if it wasn’t the maid, have you mentioned it to our Guest Service department so they could investigate? Only the maids and cleaning supervisors are entering the rooms unless you report a maintenance or other type of problem.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss further or if you decide to come back in the future and I will do my best for you to spend a great vacation.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Excellent location, wonderful people, restaurants and bars well located.
The bathrooms are quite old and a bit smelly.
The only thing to improve the bathrooms.
Everything else is wonderful.
The food is delicious, wide choices, the rum is excellent, wide variety of pool and beach activities.

Room Tip: The rooms from Tropical Suites are better.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Anurici,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning your next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you spend another memorable vacation.

Repentigny, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed here from July 26th-Aug 2nd 2014 and will not be returning to this chain of hotel. First of all this resort in NOT located in Punta cana. They say it is but its not. It is in Uvero Alto which is outside of punta cana so you are not getting the white sand and beautiful turquoise waters. The beach was nice but nothing compared to punta cana. The pools were disgusting! Green and full of bird fesses all the time. I never saw them clean the pools! We made a complaint and the following day it started getting a little better but nothing great for swimming. I don't know how people stayed in that pool. The food was ok... nothing spectacular but ok. We stayed in block J which was quite central to the beach and pools and lobby, however, the rooms are so outdated. We paid for a Superior Junior suit and well when I opened the door to the room I almost flipped... the smell was disgusting... not sure if it was mould, humidity or both but ouashhhhh. The kids enjoyed the water park. the shows at night are not great at all! They would burn some sort of garbage at night and therefore this horrible smell in the area that was just unbearable! We didn't have a problem with the towels in the room but our cousin did. They never had enough towels or never got them in time when it was time to shower. We found the staff friendly and never had a problem with them. the vendors were a little annoying but we just ignored them. if u take a walk down the beach you will see a Dominican Walmart whatever u do do not buy booze there we did and well all the seals on the bottles were re-glued. they filled them up with cheap rhum when we thought we were buying a good rhum. We made the best of it and had fun anyway but would not be returning to this chain of hotel. Sometimes it's worth paying a little more at least you know you get quality!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hi sandra i,

Regarding your other in satisfactions, you should have come to us during your trip to see what we could have done to make everything better. Our guest service department or anyone from the management team is always happy to help as it is important to us that our clients spend a great vacation.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues into more details. I would be more than happy to do so.

Bramley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Having had a lovely holiday at this hotel in December we have decided to return with our children for a summer holiday. Hope it's as good as last time. Lovely food, rooms and staff. The reception staff are particularly worthy of praise. They helped me with a difficult medical situation that could have ended our holiday. First class hotel. Cannot wait to return with the kids this coming week.
Steve Hardstone

Room Tip: Close to the pool and beach is good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hi Steven H,

Thank you for taking the time to put in your reviews. I’m happy to hear you loved our resort in December and glad you and your family have decided to come back.

We will be delighted to have you back with us and please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you need anything for this next stay and I will be more than happy to make sure you spend another unforgettable vacation.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My family of 5, two adults and 3 kids, stayed here from August 2nd to August 8th. The grounds are kept very nice and clean. My kids enjoyed the waterpark and pool.

The room was very outdated. The bathroom had mildew and the mattresses in the room were very hard and the pillows were very flat. I woke up sore everyday. The night we arrived, I noticed we needed more towels. I called to request a couple of more. We did not receive them until the next morning. A few times a week, there are vendors on the grounds. Very pesky. I'm usually very down to earth but they really got on my nerves and I was eventually rude to them. But that did not stop them from bugging me. After having a couple of drinks at the beginning of the trip and I had horrible headaches. The liquor is very cheap. I drank water or soda the rest of the trip. The food had no flavor. A lot of pastas and rice's. I do not recommend this resort.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hi syl628,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

being an rci member i would never return to this hotel as nowhere near the standards as we encountered in sister hotel in mexico.
upon arrival we were allocated room in tropical suites block t.
being a family of 4 we at least expected 2 beds but only got 1. the other was a battered old sofa that you would not let you pet sleep on.
fortunately we were moved to a much nicer room cocotal side the following day for the rest of our 2 week stay.
we thought we were being pampered by the room maids when 2 days before our departure we discovered that a pair of designer sunglasses were stolen from the room.
and to put the icing on the cake helped themselves to sweets that were in our fridge. beware.
the swimming pool was never cleaned for the whole of the 1st week of our stay & i happened to find a dead crab in the pool on the morning we were leaving.
the night we went to the italian rest we nothing got eaten so we ended up going to the buffet for a snack.
on the subject of the buffet restaurant windows need cleaning every so often & the floor should be cleaned every day. never once during my stay.
i could mention a lot more negative points but i will switch to a more positive point of view % give a special mention to carlos & elizabeth in rci members lounge very helpful & the landscape gardeners who work tirelessley all day long.
SORRY BUT WILL NEVER RETURN.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hi keno8839,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your review. As per your feedback, it will help us improve the quality of the services we offer. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. I’m glad to you enjoyed the services of Carlos and Elizabeth and the gardeners; I will definitely give them your comments.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!