We visited this resort at the end of June 2014. Our stay was for 11 days.
1. Territory – meticulously clean and beautiful.
2. Pool – great, water is warm, pool length is fair; good for all ages
3. Beach – clean; always can find chair
4. Shows – well done, great variety; must see - circus, international, and Michael Jackson show.
1. Staff – terribly trained and rude. Some of the hotel workers got nuts to ask questions like “can you go to my room with me?”, “I want to make love to you”, “Can you go with me outside of the hotel” and such. At lunch in Macao (one of two buffets in lobby) waiter asked what do we want to drink and we said OJ, he pointed to the other side of the buffet saying – “you can go get it there.” Really?
2. Internet – extremely expensive (they charged me $52 for 7 days); only works in some areas of the lobby (in very close proximity to reception area), and in couple of spots around the pool.
3. Safe box in room - $75 per stay with $50 refundable deposit; yet it is not electronic – they give quite large key for that safe box that is very annoying to carry around all the time.
4. Food – poor choices of terribly cooked food; one person from our party got food poisoning and it cost us around $600 for medical services (IV with normal saline and anti-nausea meds, real cost of about $5)
5. Drugs – some of the staff members are pushing drugs to guests all the time; crack, cocaine, methamphetamine, and marijuana.
6. Street fair – twice a week they allowed locals to sell crafts to guests on the resort territory; extremely annoying, very pushy, and disturbing.
7. Room – A/C didn't work, no response for all 11 days; bathroom ceiling leaked – same no response for the whole duration of stay. Oh yeah – room phone and TV didn’t work also.
8. Room cleaning services – poorly performed; they take bath towels before noon to exchange them and yet fail to bring them back until 6-7 PM so if you plan to take shower afternoon beware – you will struggle to get your skin dry. Bed linens were changed once and only when I pointed and specifically asked to change them.
9. So called VIP breakfast – in reality timeshare offer. And BTW VIP breakfast contains of last night restaurants leftovers.
10. A-la carte restaurants – terrible food. Only worth trying out is Italian. In Jade (they call it Japanese, in reality it’s Asian with Hibachi cooked fried rice) we had live roaches in our plate and on the table, waiter didn't even pay attention to what we had show him and we just left because it really was disgusting.
11. Mattress – rock hard and bumpy, we woke up every morning with pain all around our bodies; pillows are terrible, too.
12. View from our room was terrible - to the ruins on abandoned territory.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino And Spa
- Sirenis Cocotal Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Sirenis Resort Punta Cana
- Sirenis Cocotal Punta Cana
- Hotel Sirenis Cocotal Beach
- Sirenis Cocotal Resort