“NEVER AGAIN!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #70 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“NEVER AGAIN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We visited this resort at the end of June 2014. Our stay was for 11 days.

Pros:
1. Territory – meticulously clean and beautiful.
2. Pool – great, water is warm, pool length is fair; good for all ages
3. Beach – clean; always can find chair
4. Shows – well done, great variety; must see - circus, international, and Michael Jackson show.
Cons:
1. Staff – terribly trained and rude. Some of the hotel workers got nuts to ask questions like “can you go to my room with me?”, “I want to make love to you”, “Can you go with me outside of the hotel” and such. At lunch in Macao (one of two buffets in lobby) waiter asked what do we want to drink and we said OJ, he pointed to the other side of the buffet saying – “you can go get it there.” Really?
2. Internet – extremely expensive (they charged me $52 for 7 days); only works in some areas of the lobby (in very close proximity to reception area), and in couple of spots around the pool.
3. Safe box in room - $75 per stay with $50 refundable deposit; yet it is not electronic – they give quite large key for that safe box that is very annoying to carry around all the time.
4. Food – poor choices of terribly cooked food; one person from our party got food poisoning and it cost us around $600 for medical services (IV with normal saline and anti-nausea meds, real cost of about $5)
5. Drugs – some of the staff members are pushing drugs to guests all the time; crack, cocaine, methamphetamine, and marijuana.
6. Street fair – twice a week they allowed locals to sell crafts to guests on the resort territory; extremely annoying, very pushy, and disturbing.
7. Room – A/C didn't work, no response for all 11 days; bathroom ceiling leaked – same no response for the whole duration of stay. Oh yeah – room phone and TV didn’t work also.
8. Room cleaning services – poorly performed; they take bath towels before noon to exchange them and yet fail to bring them back until 6-7 PM so if you plan to take shower afternoon beware – you will struggle to get your skin dry. Bed linens were changed once and only when I pointed and specifically asked to change them.
9. So called VIP breakfast – in reality timeshare offer. And BTW VIP breakfast contains of last night restaurants leftovers.
10. A-la carte restaurants – terrible food. Only worth trying out is Italian. In Jade (they call it Japanese, in reality it’s Asian with Hibachi cooked fried rice) we had live roaches in our plate and on the table, waiter didn't even pay attention to what we had show him and we just left because it really was disgusting.
11. Mattress – rock hard and bumpy, we woke up every morning with pain all around our bodies; pillows are terrible, too.
12. View from our room was terrible - to the ruins on abandoned territory.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Polish first
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

First of all we bought a travel vacation with Turismo Tony Perez in Puerto Rico, the worst thing is that we baought 5 days 4 nights, just to know that the last day was lost, because hotel check out was at 6am, so we loose that friday meals, pools, everuthing. Second hotel rooms where old furture, a leak in the bathroom with a nasty water odor, over the toilet wall there was an extractor taht dranis used toilet water from rooms upstairs, we dont know how but some of that dirty water enters our bathroom, food wasnt the best variety, i stayed inmarch 10th at the Natura Park Resort in Punta Cana and food was the best ever, i've been in lots of hotels around the world, but in Sirenis food was under i spected, waterpark Aquagames was great. Wheelchair for handicapped was a mess, only one in the whole hotel, beach is far from lobby, so handicapped people need to walk long ways to beach or restaurants near beach. Anyway not going again to Sirenis, and 100% SURE will never take a vacation package with Turismo Tony Perez, better to reserve via internet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello Felpilla1,
I have to say that all your comments will take into account in order to improve our service.
I leave you my email address if you decide to come back to the resort to make sure that your holidays run as its best.
Regards,

email: assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com
Cancún, México
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The grounds are very well kept, the rooms are very comfortable, the housekeeping personnel are a great and attentive so as the guest service and restaurants personell . I loved seeing so many happy families at the resort.

Room Tip: Upper floor preferred
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Hello Carolain,
Thank you very much for your comment reflecting what you have lived amongst us.
It will be a pleasure to have you back with us at anytime. Please feel free to contact me a assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to do so.
Regards

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I got back July 2nd, 2014 had nice holiday but Sirenis standard is not 5 star for sure compere to my previous Dominican Rep. holiday in La Romana 4 yr ago with Bahia Principle Hotel
Good points :
- the grounds are beautiful
- beautiful beach
- excellent water park
- many trips available ( dolphins and helicopter ride is perfect )

Bed points :
- terrible rooms/bathrooms
- cleaners don't know what they doing
- average food, every day same ( Italian and Japanese restaurants nice ) diarrhoea every day
- long queue at the bars ( not only my notice but looks like locals Latinas are on first place at the bar )
- very hot water in kids pool side
- lobby toilets very hot in side like sauna

This was my second holiday in Dominican Republic and 3rd in Caribbean and not last for sure but I'll never go back to any Sirenis hotels

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Gastom,
Thank you very much for pointing out the different things you went through your last holidays amongst us.
I have to say that we are working very hard to improve in every aspect and i invite you to write back to me to talk more in detail if you wish to do so.
Regards,

email: assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

First of all after 23 years of travelling to a different country each vacation and never re-visiting in order to see more countries, this is the ONLY place i would go again!! The resort is spotless, clean, friendly, good service, peaceful and set on a stunning beach!!!! Our room suite was huge and again spotless! All staff were lovely. The mega trucks trip is a trip to remember for life! I was overwhelmed by the culture and how poor the county is. Is paradise with a history lesson whilst visiting. I will never forget this!!!!!!!!!! From start to finish i loved it. Would re-visit and may just do so in 2015 and advise anyone else to!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were in Punta Cana with my mother and sister, from june 7 to 14, 2014. We choose this hotel from Air Canada vacations because the price was affordable and there are 6 restaurants. We were on the Cocotal side which is told to be better than the Tropical side. At the arrival check in was easy but we went to the buffet and were surprised by the bad food quality (fatty, no taste, no seafood in Dominican Republic...) and the lack of service; We were told that we would have access to only 2 restaurants (at our choice) out of the 6 available!!
The glasses are not disposable ones nor glass but awful and old plastic ones (dirty and disgusting). I ordered a Mojito and could,nt drink it (the mint was black)!
On thy first5 day, we asked at SIX different people for a third bed in the room and didn't get it for the night (we arrive at the hotel around 1 pm). The beds are cheap, the matresses uncomfortable, there is no pillowcase, the phone in the room was not working. The bathroom was just OK. Overall the staff was not professionnal at all, not smiling, but some of them were nice. The day after we saw Air Canada representant and immediately ask to change hotel. We were relocated the day after (with a 900$ supplement for the 3 of us) at the Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda which is by far the best hotel in which i've ever been in the Carribean ( nothing comparable to that sh.. of Sirenis). That was the best decision we ever made in our lives and we spent a wonderful vacation. PLEASE, don't go there; you better save your money. The ONLY good point I have to admit is that the beach is beautiful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. I travelled alone and I'm a 28 year old female.

I would like to begin by saying this resort is very well maintained. The rooms and building itself needs a little more maintenance. However, the property is exquisit and clean. The beds are actually comformatble and the room is fairly clean for a 4 star hotel.

The beach is my favorite part of the whole stay. I spent atleast 2 hours a day at the beach relaxing and soaking up some sun. The beach is beautiful and clean. Many places to sit. I did not have any trouble finding a place or chair. There are many available. the enternatinment is always great as well. Music, energy and happy faces are always around.

I went to the water park one day out of my 7 day stay and thought that it was sufficient enough. I really enjoyed it. However, this would be perfect for a family or just young travellers.

I spent most of my time and day at the swim up bar. The main one on Cocotal side is amazing. The two gentleman who work there (Charli and Jency) both amazing and their hospitality is phenomenon. I also went to the other swim up bar on the other side of the resort and found more friendly staff there like (Jonathan). I couldn't believe how kind and respectful the staff are.

I did a photoshoot with one of the photographers there. I really enjoyed it and thought he did an amazing job. He took photo's on the resort, poolside and beach. Overall took around 300 poses and I bought them from him on CD for 120$ CND. It was overall worth it considering his 2 hours of labor and he edited a lot of photos. Therefore, worth every penny.

Generally, it was like a routine every day. During the day from morning to 6pm I was pool side or at the beach. Then I would go to my room to shower up get ready and eat dinner. After dinner I would go to the lobby area as there was always entertainment. The lobby bar has amazing staff working there. My favorite was called Jimmy. He really took care of me and every day gave me a martini glass with olives on ice. I enjoyed this as a snack. At one point all the staff behind the bar grabbed an instrument and began playing and reviving the ambiance with beautiful sounds and singing in Spanish.

I met a lot of friendly people and families during my stay from around the world. Travelling alone I found myself alone and lonely at times but I always just would change envirments and little did I know, I had more interesting people to converse with. Many different cultures and individuals with different lifesyles who shared a lot of interesting conversation.

I did not attend the theater much. However, I know there was something nice happening every night. I checked out the disco and casino a few times. However, I didn't stay up late at night so those areas were not my main interest.

I would have to say 7 days is long for someone who is travelling alone. Perhaps, 5 days would have been good for me. I have nothing negative to say about this resort. I have a wonderful experience and I would definately go back.

I highly recommend this resort for all.

Room Tip: At reception slip them an extra 40$ and ask for a good room. I ended up getting one near the ocean a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hello Jocey M,
First of all thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review letting every one know about your experiences with us.

It will be a pleasure to have you back with us at anytime in the future.
Please feel free to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to do so to make sure you have the same great time again.

Hope to see you,
Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!