“A true vacation, everything perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #68 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Youngstown, Ohio
“A true vacation, everything perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just came home from the Sirenis where we spent our honeymoon. It was truly a paradise. We were treated like royalty. The staff was so friendly and we always had a clean room and everything we needed and asked for. The housekeeping staff taught us some Spanish so we could communicate better and they were very thorough in our room. Our room by the way was beautiful and comfortable. We felt very safe on the resort which means we will return with the whole family on our next vacation. Even though this was our honeymoon, there were plenty of families with children there but that didn't take away from our romantic experience! It just made us anxious to come back on a family vacation! We have no complaints but one thing to note, be aware of vendors trying to sell everything under the sun and some staff that try to get you to buy extras by booking you for special events. We booked our trip through Apple Vacations so it was all inclusive so we wouldn't have to spend beyond our budget. Excursions are fine but they tried to sell us raffles and time shares. Just be ready to turn them down and ask that they don't bother you with it anymore. It isn't a complaint and is to be expected anywhere you travel so if it's not in your budget don't let them rope you in! Lastly don't reserve a dinner at the steakhouse but all other food was Excellent!! We would highly recommend the Sirenis to anyone!

Room Tip: Junior suite with pool view was absolutely lovely!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Hi Gina T,

Thank you for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend another amazing trip.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We wrote a letter to the travel agent and complained but were just put off. It figures they have our money so why both to try and please a customer who travels every year?? This is a letter we wrote the travel agent that was suppose to be passed on to resort management:

Debbie - We returned from Punta Cana on Sunday, March 16 . We thought you should know that we were not completely satisfied with the Sirenis hotel. Listed below is a recap of the items we found unsatisfactory:

•Upon arrival, the hotel front desk told us that we were only allowed two restaurant choices per week. Our paperwork indicated three restaurants per week, per person.
•Our room was substandard. •The door to the room was missing a chain latch. It was questionable whether or not the deadbolt door lock actually worked.
•The door was hard to close (it sounded like it was rubbing on the floor).
•The air conditioner squeaked.
•The curtains were falling off the rods in both the living room and the bedroom.
•The buffets in the lobby were substandard. •The chicken "dishes" had large pieces of bone in them when they were not supposed to have bones in them at all (i.e. the chicken taco I had one evening). Birds flying around in the restaurants and food trays.
•The breakfast eggs had egg shells in them.
•The French toast was thick and difficult to cut and eat.
•Many of the plates were dirty.
•The buffets by the pool were substandard. •Birds had free reign to fly up to the buffet and take food from the pans.
•The food did not appear fresh.
•Many of the plastic glasses used were dirty.
•The solicitations from personnel at the hotel were constant, frustrating, and neverending. •Hotel staff would solicit you for "restaurant reservations" and then try to sell you a time share condo. Luckily, I only spent 10 minutes of my time before I realized what they were doing and left.
•There were people on the beach and by the pool soliciting for buggy rides, horseback riding, photos on the beach, etc. They would constantly stop and try to sell you something. To fend them off, I had to be rude many times.
•Both my husband and I were sick for two of the days with an upset stomach and diarrhea. I am convinced it is due in part to the unsanitary plates and cups provided and the substandard quality of the buffet food.
•The Steak House restaurant we visited was much better than the buffet; however, each bite of the steak resulted in thick gristle instead of tender chunks of meat.
•The Jade restaurant was the highlight of our week, as far as eating goes. We did not actually have a reservation for this restaurant; instead, we bribed our way into seats by tipping the host.

We did accomplish our main goal of rest and relaxation in the sun and water. The weather was fabulous. I will not go back to a Sirenis again (this was not, in my book, a five-star hotel) and I most likely will not go back to Dominican Republic.

Karen and Tim Jubie
Hudson, Wisconsin

Room Tip: Don't go it needs a lot of attention to detail, cleanliness and food prep.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hi Tim J,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities. I’m sorry to hear your stay at the Sirenis didn’t meet your expectations.

Many points that you mentioned below are things that could have been easily fixed while you were here. Did you at any point during your stay meat with our Guest Service Department or someone from Management? We could have ensured you had a pleasant stay having known these issues.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues or if you are thinking of coming back to our resort. I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great vacation.

Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Cockroaches, ants, black mould in the air conditioning vent, torn box spring, pillows that smell like vomit. As well as an exploding ceiling fan that sent sparks down onto the beds and filled the room with smoke. It also blew the breaker in the room. These are a few of things that we experienced with our renovated room. I will not be going back nor will I stay at any of their other properties. This really should not be considered a 4 star more like no star. The staff their were amazing friendly and provided great service. I wish the hotel management would take a lesson from their staff. There is no representation for the guest from the hotel side nor the travel company side. Look else where when looking for accommodations in Punta Cana

Room Tip: Look for another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Aquagames, Veronique Garon at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Hi M G,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services.

Have you informed the public relations department or someone from management during your trip? I am surprised if you had these problems all week because when we know about them, we try to resolve them as fast as we can. We like to do our best to make our customers happy so they can have a great stay with us, you just need to come talk to us.

I’m very glad you like our amazing friendly staff and I will definitely pass on these great comments to them.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Personally, I have never been to the Dominican but I can't say I would ever go back. If I did, I would not stay at Sirenis. I must say, the grounds were beautiful, but they clearly spent more time keeping up those appearances than they did on the quality of their rooms. I understand that at a beach resort you don't expect to constantly be in your room but there were problems. We called every day to get our AC fixed and nobody showed up until we physically sought a maintenance man ourselves. Our fridge was also broken and not fixed until the 5th day we were there. Speaking of refrigerators, the "stocked bar" included water, Fanta, Coke and Sprite. That was occasionally restocked. At first, eating a buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner was fine. It seemed like there was a variety of food to choose from but by the third day you were eating the same thing for every meal. We were allowed to choose two locations to have dinner at while we were there. If for any reason you choose to stay here, book those meals before you even go to your room. It should be the first thing you do after checking in. Look into booking them before you even get there if it's possible.You pay for the reservations but they are impossible to get. I would defiantly recommend the steakhouse. Book it toward the end of your stay because it will be the best thing you eat the whole time you're there and you don't want to dream of that amazing food while you are eating the buffet's cardboard. If you get in a situation where you would rather skip a meal than eat the buffet yet again, (believe me, you'll get there) take a right down the beach and keep walking for about a 1/2 mile to 3/4 mile. There is this little seafood restaurant that is sort of set back compared to the rest of the buildings. Eat there. Fresh seafood, what ever they caught that day. They also have amazing chicken if you aren't a seafood fan. Also, if you are in desperate need of wifi, there is a place called Sandy Feet Beach Bar. They have free wifi for their patrons. Drinks weren't very expensive and the internet was fast. It is a little ways down from the seafood place. Another little tip, if you want to buy jewelry and nick-nacks, DON'T BUY THEM AT THE RESORT. Though they may seem sketchy, the shops down the beach to the left of the resort have the same quality items and they are way cheaper. There are plenty of excursions to choose from but you have to travel at least 40 minutes to get to most of them.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi Userofthissite,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our beautiful grounds. As per your other comments, they will definitely help us improve the quality of the services we offer.

As mentioned in our welcome guide, we have a hotline x611 in case you need to have anything fix or need anything for your room. That way you don’t have to come to the lobby every time. Regarding the your problems with the room or any other issues, have you called hotline, or informed the public relations department or someone from management during your trip? I am surprised to hear nobody helped you because when we know about problems, we try to resolve them as fast as we can. We like to do our best to make our customers happy so they can have a great stay with us.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

Morrisburg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was our fourth trip to Dominican Republic. Three times in Punta Cana and once at La Romana. This visit we had our 6 year old twin boys. Property is very nice. Loved the beach. Lots of trees to get out of the sun. We did step on some coral while in for a swim but there are plenty of sandy pockets. Pool area was set up well. Couldn't keep my boys out of it. Water park is good but only used it one afternoon.
We stayed in building F 004, nothing special but seemed clean and served the purpose. No there are no washcloths. Room service forgot us one day,(yes... we did tip) no big deal but we were without clean towels for a day even after asking twice.
We were disappointed with the food. Could always find something we liked but just was not as good as other resorts we visited. The Japanese a la carte restaurant was good but the Steakhouse and Italian were lousy. Apps and deserts were on a buffet table. Service terrible and the food was better at the buffet. Never had a bad a la carte till now.
Service was ok on the resort but a few did stand out and were exceptional. Sergio at the lobby bar (made special n/a drinks for my boys), Jonathon at the pool bar, Jacqueline at the buffet who was always pleasant and had a smile and one other tall fellow from the Sanoa buffet (sorry I don't remember your name) to name a few that made a difference for us.
Overall we had a great time and would not discourage anyone from going.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi 24chris2014,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the beach, the shaded areas, the pool, and the Japanese restaurant. I will definitely pass on your reviews to the staff mentioned; they always like to see their hard work pays off. As per your other comments, they will help us improve the quality of the services we offer.

Regarding your issue with the food, as you know, it is very difficult to please everyone at the buffets but we are continuously looking for ways to improve the quality and the variety, in order to increase our customers’ satisfaction.

I leave you my e-mail assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to contact me personally. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This my 4th trip to DR different resort everytime. IN all these reviews, it's obvious it's the attitude and happiness of the reviewer that can make the extreme differences in reviews. y wife and I are easy going, so here right away in the beginning the minor few negatives on which a complaining type would focus. In our room there was an outlet broken in the lounge area, and both A/C controls the knobs were off. The TV was very snowy very bad to watch. Now for those things--I didn't look at the broken outlet or use it, and I don't go to paradise to watch TV. The A/c still worked perfectly. The other "weakness"- and this is all relative is that the food that is held in trays-meaning not being made in front of you, often was barely warm at many times. That being said it depended on when you arrived to the buffet and or beachbar. The food is average, resort food and it's honestly fine. If you can eat from someone making it like pasta, omlettes etc. its fantastic and hot. I wasn't too concerned about the food were did fine, we were happy with it over all, and again we don't focus on that.
LOCATION- a bit of a double edged sword. We went to Dominican Riders harley tour, and because of the resort local we had to add $100 total cab fee to get there. the HUGE BONUS of the local is this- there are no other resorts near you at all and a 3 minute walk in either direction put my wife and I on our own stretch of gorgeous private beach for long romantic afternoons with no even one other person near us, except the occasional walker.
THE RESORT- take note there are many families here and many many small children, if that bothers you don't go. However consider this- families don't stay out late and drink and holler, and little kids need to be in bed early. My wife and I were amazed at how quiet this place is at night, it was a very nice treat and all the kids around were well behaved and as cute as it gets.
STAFF- I will say this with all confidence, you will not find a better staff. Fino, Cristal, Jennifer and gang at the lobby bar had us in stitched every night, like very good friends. At the buffet Eddie and Wendy took exceptional care us. Wendy always save our "BIP" (vip) table for us. Denny Cherry and Janathon at the pool bar are also exceptional and super friendly. Our room caretaker Mercedes was just amazing super nice, anything we wanted. We gave a break on many days and just said give us a few drinks or towels and leave the room alone we don't it cleaned every day. This woman has six children and is a widow and just can't understand how anyone could treat her like a mere servant, because she was much ore than that to us.Our room overlooked the back pool and beach.
TIPS and NOTES.- treat the staff with respect, tip well and you will have the time of your life, exceptional staff. When yo pass the concierge station on day one they will call you to book your a la carte restaurants. MAKE NO MISTAKE- this is also to "invite" you to a very special breakfast VIP so they can pitch you the upscale private members club. When it comes to this sales pitch or any market sellers etc. do not waste your time with excuse because they have got an answer for whatever you say and you will not get away. You must immediately nip it right up front and say I'm not interested. No thank you.No thank you. Do not give a reason, just say Im not interested and be done with it because otherwise it will not go away. On market night, when all the vendors are there it is a gauntlet, it could take your a half hour to get to the buffet if you let them stop you. Just say I'm going to eat and keep on trucking and you'll be fine.
NUTSHELL- this is a quiet place , very clean, best staff on earth, amazing beaches- so-so food at times, great food at other times. If you enjoy the beach you'll love it. Final note we did the water park one afternoon its great for kids, adults too however I'm 6'2 and 250lbs and I shot down those slides at he speed of sound and they were quite violent! Smaller people maybe would have no issue. Feel free to ask me any questions I'm happy to answer and help.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Wheatonsmith,

I’m very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m happy to see you took the time to share your comments. I will definitely pass on your reviews to all staff mentionned, they always like to see their hard work pays off.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you spend another memorable vacation.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had our wedding on the beach here,gong back a few years ago,we are coming back for our wedding anniversary I'm june&cant wait!myself&husband are well travelled,not just because we got married here,but it is the most beautiful hotel we have ever been, the staff are very friendly, hotel very clean,food very nice,beach gorgeous,I know coming here again will make our anniversary special,a holiday I know we won't forget,I'm just having trouble emailing manager, has anybody got another email for hotel I'd be grateful

• Stayed June 2013
Hi sharon o,

Please write me directly at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for anything you might need in your stay in June. I’ll be more than happy to ensure you spend as much as a great time as when you got married.

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!